Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery July 22, 2010

Any tips for getting Protein in besides protein shakes....I am limited to what I can have right now

Hello! I had my surgery 7/21, and I'm feeling pretty good! I was having pain from my port incision, but ibuprofen REALLY helped that. I am not taking pain meds anymore- just the ibuprofen. Can't believe how much more that has helped! Getting pretty tired of liquids- can't wait until Wed. and hopefully I'll be on soft/pureed food. Mostly, I'm just sleepy. I think that was a lot from the anesthesia(sp.) and the fennegren, but all in all, doing good. Nice to meet you all and best of luck on our continued recoveries! :smile2:

Hello! I had my surgery 7/21, and I'm feeling pretty good! I was having pain from my port incision, but ibuprofen REALLY helped that. I am not taking pain meds anymore- just the ibuprofen. Can't believe how much more that has helped! Getting pretty tired of liquids- can't wait until Wed. and hopefully I'll be on soft/pureed food. Mostly, I'm just sleepy. I think that was a lot from the anesthesia(sp.) and the fennegren, but all in all, doing good. Nice to meet you all and best of luck on our continued recoveries! :smile2:

Im just curious, did your doctor tell you to take ibuprofen? Because when I left the hospital, my surgeon said that I am strictly not allowed to use Ibuprofen anymore. he didnt really explain why though.

Today I found a tasty way to drink the Protein Shakes. I was looking through other LapBand websites and found some recipes from liquid to solid, well at the store I bought some sugar free instant pudding. I used my skim milk, ice, I only used half my Protein mix (not sure why, maybe next time I will use a whole one) and then a spoon full of the instant pudding powder. I used Butterscotch, blended it all up and oh my it was yummy!!! I am staying under 800 calories a day, banded 7/1/2010 and have only lost 13lbs since surgery day. Any ideas???

Congrats!! I was banded on the 19th. And I think you should advance the diet SLOWLY as tolerated. I'm about to start posting a food journal to the HELP!! thread. Maybe we can all see how different our band experiences are in reference to our diets - but it's ok. We're all right where we're supposed to be. Sorry for sounding churchy but it is Sunday. ha!

Im just curious, did your doctor tell you to take ibuprofen? Because when I left the hospital, my surgeon said that I am strictly not allowed to use Ibuprofen anymore. he didnt really explain why though.

Hey, RobynB! My surgeon did tell me not to take ibuprofen prior to surgery since it is a blood thinner, but he specifically told me to afterwards b/c it has an anti-inflammatory in it that tylenol does not. It truly made a remarkable difference overnight in the port incision. You might want to check w/your surgeon, though, if he told you not to. Hope this helps! :smile2:

I like to use the Carb Wise yogurt from Kroger which is 80 cal, o fat, 3 carb and 12g Protein. I mix a scoop of Unjury vanilla which is 20 g protein...gives me a great jump on it.

I think the deal about Ibuprofen is you can't just take tablets. It either has to be liquid or crushed so it doesn't sit in your pouch and make an ulcer.

My surgery date was 7/22 also! I am not having very much incisional pain but the gas is most aggravating. I am hungry though! I am eating creamy Soups, broth, popsicles and I will start pudding tomorrow. I was told clear/full liquids for 2 weeks then advance to soft... never told anything about a puree stage. I would love to have more selection though!!!

Congrats to everyone and hope all is well!!

I was banded on the 19th and I was told I will never have ibuprofen again..lol. They told me it can cause ulcers alot easier in our tiny pouch. Tylenol is okay though.

Im on liquids for 5 more days..ugh. So sick of Soup.< /p>

Ive only lost 4 lbs since surgery!! Anyone else not losing as well?

LOL- it's so interesting to read all the different information people get from their surgeons!! It is so funny that we all have the same procedure, but have such a variety of care instructions! I guess as long as what we're doing is working, it's all good!! Best of luck to everybody! P.S. I am also soooooooooo sick of liquids!! :)

I seem to be particularly sensitive to food commercials today! Every time a good one comes on it seriously goes through my mind..."Could I put that KFC bucket of chicken in the blender, how bout that shrimp scampi from Red Lobster?" I've seriously thought of putting anything and everything in the BLENDER! Ugh!

Still much pain and pressure 3rd day out....so I know it just mind games but still....:)