Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Northern Ontario?

I think most of us in this thread went to SWLC and not Slimband so not really sure what their protocol is once you have decided. With SWLC, after we speak with the surgeon and make up our mind, they set a date then we speak with our patient coordinator who walks us through everything.

SWLC?

The list continues - can't do tea biscuits either.... :blink:

I see you not able to manage to eat quite a few things.....is this the case with most people?

SWLC?

SWLC(Surgical Weight Loss Centre) is another band clinic. It's in Mississauga. Here is their website if you want to check it out. www.swlc.ca They offer free consultations by phone with a surgeon for those of us that are far away. I had consults at a few places before deciding.

I see you not able to manage to eat quite a few things.....is this the case with most people?

The lap band is a tool to help modify eating habits & behaviour, not the magic bullet to automatically stop you from eating too much. That's why I've been posting what I have difficulty with....I post them in jest, but in reality, if eaten too fast or with not enough lubrication, the band gets clogged and produces an uncomfortable result. That's where the behaviour modification sets in...you don't want that gassy, mucus-producing result that happens.

I often refer to my band as "it", as in... "uh-oh! IT doesn't like this tea biscuit I just had because I'm feeling gassy & burpy". Usually a result from letting myself get too hungry and resorting back to the bad eating habits which made me fat in the first place - inhaling something quickly and not chewing slowly and swallowing small amounts. Please don't be put off by my list. Perhaps you would be able to tolerate that stuff better than I as I am notorious for having a huge appetite and eating too quickly!

BB~

:D .

SWLC?

Vicki-Sue, I chose the Surgical Weight Loss Centre in Mississauga too because they have a trained nurse in Sudbury to do our "fills", so we don't have to travel to Toronto. I spoke to a girl from here who had hers done where you consulted and she has to go South for her fills. That's why I chose SWLC (Surgical Weight Loss Centre ). I don't have that kind of time. I don't know if that's changed since I've been banded, but you should ask before you commit!

BB~

Polly & cjf - how are you all doing? Long time no hear.......busy with Christmas preparations?

And Vicki-Sue, have you made any decisions yet?

:D

BB~

And how is everyone doing lately??

Hi Everyone

Im thinking of doing the lap band with SWLC...I have had the consult with Dr. Colbourn he seemed nice...Makes the procedure seem quite simple and easy solution to weight loss...to good to be true?.Im glad thier is a Northern Ontario Forum...Seems closer to home to talk to people about it....Im worried about the eating part i love love food ... Will i miss it Can you fullfill a craving? I know it stops you from being hungry...But being hungry isn't an issue for me im social eater bored eater...emotional eater i eat all the time so im never hungry as it is....Are you able to eat say like your moms making her famous pie can you eat a small amount to serve that mouth watering craving?? Do you have cravings anymore?

How is everyone doing?? is it everything you expected? Have you loss weight??

Hi Everyone

Im thinking of doing the lap band with SWLC...I have had the consult with Dr. Colbourn he seemed nice...Makes the procedure seem quite simple and easy solution to weight loss...to good to be true?.Im glad thier is a Northern Ontario Forum...Seems closer to home to talk to people about it....Im worried about the eating part i love love food ... Will i miss it Can you fullfill a craving? I know it stops you from being hungry...But being hungry isn't an issue for me im social eater bored eater...emotional eater i eat all the time so im never hungry as it is....Are you able to eat say like your moms making her famous pie can you eat a small amount to serve that mouth watering craving?? Do you have cravings anymore?

How is everyone doing?? is it everything you expected? Have you loss weight??

Hi Angel, I had Dr. Colbourn too and he was great! I love food too, but given the choice of knee replacement and pigging out, I'm finding it's worth more to me to change eating habits as opposed to changing body parts! Try and understand that the Lap Band is a tool and it takes time to get to where you need to be fill-wise in order for it to help you with your appetite. Having just gone through Christmas with all the goodies and excesses, and not being at my sweet spot yet, I had a set-back. I had another fill just the other day and I think I'm there. You know you're there when you aren't pre-occupied with food and your next meal all the time. It part physical, psychological & physiological. You will find that when your clothes fit better and get smaller, you'll make better choices when it comes to food. And you will be satisfied with a taste of things instead of the whole thing. Hope this helps!

BB~

Hi there Ladies !!!

Sorry I haven't been on lately .... I really am having trouble navigating this site!!

Well I lost only 4lbs in December... I hung for most of the month...but I am OK with that. I felt that I almost died Christmas day after everyone went home.

I did really well until that time,,,, when cleaning up the kitchen.... I gulped a lemon square or 2... grabbed a glass of Water... took a GULP....I have never experienced anything like it, I was choking, barfing, unable to breathe, I was outside gasping it felt like I was drowning it was coming out my nose.

It was indeed my own fault, I have have alot of blocking since then,,,, but if I am really careful it is ok. I don't want to go for a defill....

So since the New Year is here and the junk is out... I am losing once again, I am feeling pretty good, and I am happy.... I still have no Regrets.

Take Care.

Look at you and your 59 lost and 16 to go! Wow!!!! :lol:

I had my 4th. fill last week and (except for a couple of Nanaimo bars and drinks last night) I think I've hit my sweet spot. Don't want to jinx it though!

You are right about Christmas and all the stuff there is to eat but I wish I had that fill around then - maybe I wouldn't have been as bad as I was.

I have no regrets either!

Hi there Ladies !!!

Sorry I haven't been on lately .... I really am having trouble navigating this site!!

Well I lost only 4lbs in December... I hung for most of the month...but I am OK with that. I felt that I almost died Christmas day after everyone went home.

I did really well until that time,,,, when cleaning up the kitchen.... I gulped a lemon square or 2... grabbed a glass of Water... took a GULP....I have never experienced anything like it, I was choking, barfing, unable to breathe, I was outside gasping it felt like I was drowning it was coming out my nose.

It was indeed my own fault, I have have alot of blocking since then,,,, but if I am really careful it is ok. I don't want to go for a defill....

So since the New Year is here and the junk is out... I am losing once again, I am feeling pretty good, and I am happy.... I still have no Regrets.

Take Care.

Wow! I can't believe how many people from Northern Ontario have had banding done! I had no idea so many people travelled down south for their procedure. I'm happy Sudbury now has a program - -Thinlife! I was banded last May - -coming up to one year- down 62 pounds and counting! I'm very happy with my decision and with my clinic. They have been so supportive and helpful! I'm still trying to figure out this whole "forum thing" - -I think I am getting the hang of it!

I'm reading some of the posts and people keep talking about getting banded in the south and having their fills done in Sudbury - -where do you go for that?