Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Northern Ontario?

Good Morning Ladies!! My condolences Polly...

I am in the same postion as you two... this is a slow process.. I haven't been getting stuck as much as I was after my last fill, I think that I am might almost to my sweet spot... when I go again I will only want .5 put in. I tell myself to get walking... but I haven't yet I have arthitus and it really bothers me some days. But I have been going through my closet and getting rid of my larger clothing...as I will not be going back there EVER!!! That is a good feeling.

I refuse to buy anything and fortunantly I kept alot of smaller sizes as I grew !!! So up to the attic I went... basic jeans never go out of style!! So now I have one pair of black pants and One pair of decent jeans, Lots of baggy jeans for farm work...they are just fine. Keep up the good work:tt2:

Hi Ladies! Miss Bibi I feel the same way as you most days. I seem to stay the same for days and days then suddenly I'll be down 2-3 lbs. Its painful when for many days there is no change.

My father in law passed away from cancer on Monday so things have been crazy around here. He is the first parent we have lost. He was diagnosed only 7 weeks ago. Anyway I'm going to try to find time to call the clinic today and get going on my next fill. Hopefully for next week too.

Are you both exercising much? I'm getting in a good hour walk every other day right now but now that I'm not spending tons of time at the hospital I want to get out more.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Pollywogg - and in 7 weeks, oh my.....:alien:

I am on my feet, lifting and carrying and walking all day long in my job so exercising after work just doesn't appeal to me LOL! I do have an elliptical set up in my computer room/office at home so anytime I feel like listening to videos on YouTube, I hop on it - for usually 5-8 minutes. By then, the pain of my torn meniscus and acl takes over so I have to stop. Tomorrow I will be 8 wks. post-op (already!) and will weigh myself tomorrow morning so I will have a go at it tonight! Hopefully I will have broken the 200 lb. mark.....doubtful though....:wub:

Take care and keep in touch.

Good Morning Ladies!! My condolences Polly...

I am in the same postion as you two... this is a slow process.. I haven't been getting stuck as much as I was after my last fill, I think that I am might almost to my sweet spot... when I go again I will only want .5 put in. I tell myself to get walking... but I haven't yet I have arthitus and it really bothers me some days. But I have been going through my closet and getting rid of my larger clothing...as I will not be going back there EVER!!! That is a good feeling.

I refuse to buy anything and fortunantly I kept alot of smaller sizes as I grew !!! So up to the attic I went... basic jeans never go out of style!! So now I have one pair of black pants and One pair of decent jeans, Lots of baggy jeans for farm work...they are just fine. Keep up the good work:tt2:

LOL cjf - I've found the clothes I put away many lbs. less ago, but am too chicken to try them on yet! I hear ya' about not wanting to buy anything right now...there's a lot of stuff put away that was barely worn before I out-grew them! Luckily I wear a uniform to work and live in yoga clothes and pj's the rest of the time! Keep in touch!

Broke 200 lbs. (by a 1/2 lb.) at 8 wks. post op. My own statistics (via fitday.com) show I haven't been under 200 lbs. since March 2008!

Waiting on my nurse to get her needles in, for my 2nd. fill. Hope that will be early next week.

Have a great weekend, all!

Bibi

:thumbup:

Thanks for the condolences and way to go Miss Bibi! I only dream of being in onderland! I'm so happy for you!

I had my second fill yesterday here in my home town and it went well. I'm so happy! I feel a HUGE difference now, its exactly like I imagined it should be. Before this fill I didn't really have to take small bites or chew a lot, most things went down too good :thumbup:. Now I have to take really small bites and chew my food really well. Now I hope to see the scale start moving steadily toward onderland!

I also have a closet or two full of clothes of all sizes. I think once I've lost a size or two I'll haul them out and organize them by size. Till then I have enough to get by and I don't need the discouragement right now. I wear a uniform to work also, it does help a lot.

Sorry to hear you have bad arthritis cjf!

Thanks for the condolences and way to go Miss Bibi! I only dream of being in onderland! I'm so happy for you!

I had my second fill yesterday here in my home town and it went well. I'm so happy! I feel a HUGE difference now, its exactly like I imagined it should be. Before this fill I didn't really have to take small bites or chew a lot, most things went down too good :thumbup:. Now I have to take really small bites and chew my food really well. Now I hope to see the scale start moving steadily toward onderland!

I also have a closet or two full of clothes of all sizes. I think once I've lost a size or two I'll haul them out and organize them by size. Till then I have enough to get by and I don't need the discouragement right now. I wear a uniform to work also, it does help a lot.

Sorry to hear you have bad arthritis cjf!

Good term, Polly - "....don't need the discouragement right now..." Glad to hear you're where you want to be cuz that where I want to be - is where you are. Haven't heard from the nurse yet so I guess she hasn't got her needles. What the.....?? Just wondering to myself, that if she is the nurse for the area, why would she let herself run out of needles....oh well....

Dug through closets & storage today and found a whole whack of stuff I'd forgotten I had! Almost like Easter Egg hunting LOLOL!! Except, I can't find the 1 pair of black jeans I was looking for. Hopefully I didn't send them to Value Village by mistake!! I looked everywhere, twice!! :thumbup:

You must be so frustrated waiting for needles! The surprising thing for me this fill is that Water fills me up for a bit when I have a drink! I think that's how I know that anymore would be too much.

I hope you find your jeans! Another 20lbs and I'll get out my clothes in storage too!

Hey ladies how are you doing? Miss Bibi did you get your fill yet? I had my second fill last Friday and I think I'm at my sweet spot. I've been stuck many times over the week but I'm learning the hard way from it. What surprised me is that when I drink something I get a really full feeling for about 10mins.

Just thinking of you two and wondering what is new?

Hey ladies how are you doing? Miss Bibi did you get your fill yet? I had my second fill last Friday and I think I'm at my sweet spot. I've been stuck many times over the week but I'm learning the hard way from it. What surprised me is that when I drink something I get a really full feeling for about 10mins.

Just thinking of you two and wondering what is new?

Hi Polly! Glad you feel you're at your sweet spot!

Got my 2nd. fill on Friday - 4.9 cc's altogether....got stuck a couple of times too!

I sorta/kinda guage my fill success on how a week day goes....whether I'm hungry as soon as I get home from work and how much I eat for supper and after. Had some tuna & Beans so far today, and of course my fruit & whey Protein shake for Breakfast.

I'm not hungry for dinner yet....(5:30 PM) so I'm having a wee Scotch for happy hour.

Has the scale started to move again for you??? Hope so!

The scale has started to move again - at a nice steady pace. I'm SO happy! The nsv's are amazing too. I tried a pair of pants on the other day not expecting them to fit at all and they did! Plus I'm down two pant sizes in my uniform pants as of today! I'm just estatic about my band, its such a great tool. For Breakfast because I'm having some Hair loss I'm drinking the rest of my Protein Shakes, but they are coming to an end. What do you put in your breakfast shake?

Congratulations Polly!! Good for you!! Er....what are nsv's? I've been trying to figure out what that means! I'm in the same size uniform pants only they aren't stretched out as much (I think!) I'm still not at my sweet spot yet (damn it!) And I've only gone down a 1/2 lb. in like 2 wks. :thumbup:

I've noticed the hair loss too. I don't worry too much about it as I have a ton of hair but when I brush it out or take a hair clip out, there is lots! I still have about 10 Meditrim left but I have a scoop of whey Protein Isolate in a cup of skim milk and a cup of frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, whatever's on sale!) and 2 tsp. of Splenda in the morning. I always remember the 'protein first' rule.

My list of 'can't have'-s is ever expanding! Tried to have some very thinly sliced chorizo sausage today and nope! Too dry. Up it came. Pork chops, no matter how well done they are, even in a sauce or gravy, are difficult too. Rye bread? Nope. Made a bean Soup and put some left-over boiled potatoes in it - not a good idea. Can't do boiled potatoes very well either. :thumbup: With those kind of limitations, you'd think the scale would move!

I am thrilled for you! Keep me in the loop on your progress!!

NSV's - non scale victories! Thank God for them as my scale sucks! I really should buy a better one. Any suggestions? Where do you buy your Whey Protein Isolate? I haven't tried boiled potatoes yet - now I'm scared! LOL!!

Oh, ahahaha!! I get it now! Guess I should look at those too cuz the scale isn't..... well, as least I'm not gaining. Guess I'd better look at is as glass 1/2 full!

I scale I have, I bought yeeeeears ago (as a matter of fact, I just ran to look at it - it's a 'Health-o-Meter' and there's a tiny sticker on the back that say 2002...runs on a lithium (?) battery and haven't had to change it, ever. Wouldn't know how either! It's big & heavy, made of glass and has a LCD read-out. I like it much better than the traditional ones as, it tells you that it is what it is. No room for interpreting - if you're 200, you're 200. Paid about $70 I think? I really like it.

The whey Protein isolate I get is from the States - a company called nutribio.com. Someone on these boards recommended them, nothing but favourable reviews, and even with the exchange & shipping it's still very reasonable @ around $32 for 2 lbs. of it. The isolate is more expensive than the whey Protein blends you see, say, at Walmart, but you're getting a higher quality protein when you get whey protein isolate. The nearest GNS to me is in North Bay and theirs is so much more expensive. I've had the strawberry and it is delicious! Just today, I order another 2 lbs., this time the banana one. I'll let you know how that one is. But I highly recommend nutribio.com!

Maybe there's a difference between new baby potatoes, which I had trouble with and older, starchier ones, but we'll see what happens at Thanksgiving with mashed & gravy!

Wow for you! Almost 40 lbs. down! That's fabulous!!!

:smile2:

Miss Bibi- Thank you so much for the awesome information on scales and the Protein Shakes. I will look for both of them.

How is your Thanksgiving? We had ours last night and I focused on the turkey and deviled eggs, but I did sneak a bite of stuffing, I love it! I don't like pumpkin pie so passing dessert was easy for me.

Looking forward to hearing about yours.

CJF - haven't heard from you in while - what's up?

Hi Polly! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Had ours Saturday - had a bit of everything (but no pie, either) Except, I can not keep a bag of jalapeno chips in the house. I ate the whole bag, myself. What's up with that? I couldn't believe it! Thought I'd test myself but I failed miserably. But couldn't stop myself! Like I wasn't even banded. So, no more. I was very conservative with everything else, but was like I was possessed with the jalepenos! I love those kettle chips. But I won't buy them again. I promise.:)

I low-carb-ed for many years and was quite successful, but like everyone else I guess, got tired of the same-ol'-same-ol' so I gradually snuck in the carbs and, well, that's why I'm here today. I'll 99% of the time eat whole wheat carbs and very little sweets or starches and am mineful of problem foods but the potato chips?

No sure I'm at my sweet spot yet. (Obviously not!) Is it possible to be unsure? Do you ever over-do it? I'm waiting for that magic 'a-ha' moment I keep hearing about, but not if I can still eat so many chips. :puke:

Nice pic BTW & congratulations on your progress!

I'm wondering how cjf's doing too!

Let me know what Protein shake you try.

~BB~