Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd Year Band-Annivesary Today 7/17

Just want to show you Newbies what you can achieve if you follow the rules and do the work required and it is work !

The band doesn't do it for you - it's only a tool...

You gotta make healthy food choices and exercise This is a total lifetime lifestyle change !!

3 yrs ago right now I was in surgery...

1st year got to goal 145 !!!! (Thanks Karri for being my muse)

Got the next few lbs off by Sept 08.

Have maintained my weight loss for 2 yrs !!!

(fluctuate between 136-140)

How you may ask (by following the rules)

I have finally gotten that this really is about a lifetime lifestyle change and not a diet

I eat HEALTHY 98% of the time - Allow for treats 2% of the time - Hit the gym - weights, cardio & classes 3 to 4 times a week and with the help of my little friend (the band) I have become a healthier person with tons more energy and feel 10 yrs younger..

Life is good !!! And let me tell I have always been a shopper (even at 250) but now EVERY THING looks cute on - Love being a size 4/6 - instead of 18/20 to 22/24 !!!

It's doable pple - If I can do it so can you... I am a food addict just like everyone else - the secret - take back your power !!! I walked down the candy/cookie isle in the grocery store last week and snubbed my nose at the crap... That's empowering !!!

Just gotta toot my own horn this morning !!!!

:wink2::party::thumbup::cool:

post-219373-13813139466086_thumb.jpg

I'm tooting your horn as well --- very impressive!! Thank you so much for sharing.

I was banded 6/24 and my goal is to lose 102#, putting me at 140. Your results and attitude are very motivating! It's great to have folks like you share results - the road ahead of me is long and your story brings optimism and purpose when I get low once in awhile.

Thank you and congrats!!!

Well done! Thanks for sharing.

Wow - you look awesome! Thanks for sharing your inspirational story. My surgery is Monday and I love seeing results like yours! Size 4/6? Sounds like a dream :smile:

Wow - you look awesome! Thanks for sharing your inspirational story. My surgery is Monday and I love seeing results like yours! Size 4/6? Sounds like a dream :smile:

I thought so too I never imagined that I would wear size 4 pants - hell when I started I thought 160 would be my goal - thought 10/12 was great - but if you made this your new life - then it will become your reality and not a dream...

It is attainable !!!

Prayers for a safe surgery & speedy recovery !!!

Hugs Janet

Thank you SOOOOO much for your post! I have been reading lots of scary slippage & erosion stories, so yours was one to bring me back up! My surgery is 7/28 and I am in the Adkin's pre-surgery phase. It's 9:30pm, I am bored & thought I would make myself a salad (it is ok on Adkins, right?). I read your post and the whole "head hunger" really hit me where I needed it to. I instead stopped, remembered why I am here and where I want to go, and poured myself a glass of Water instead.

Thank you for your inspiration and reminder that the band is just a tool, the mental stuff is up to me!

Janet my amazing friend, thank you for sharing your awesome story. You always inspire me so much!! Look at you, you deserve every ounce of recognition 'round here lady!!

xoxo

CONGRATULATIONS :smile:)

You are allowed to toot that horn all day long... WOW such a great job you have done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love reading your story makes me think hell I can do it to!!!!!!

Hopefully this time next year I can make a post some what close to yours!!:smile:

Thank you SOOOOO much for your post! I have been reading lots of scary slippage & erosion stories, so yours was one to bring me back up! My surgery is 7/28 and I am in the Adkin's pre-surgery phase. It's 9:30pm, I am bored & thought I would make myself a salad (it is ok on Adkins, right?). I read your post and the whole "head hunger" really hit me where I needed it to. I instead stopped, remembered why I am here and where I want to go, and poured myself a glass of Water instead.

Thank you for your inspiration and reminder that the band is just a tool, the mental stuff is up to me!

Thanks Peeps...

Yep head hunger is our #1 enemy !!! I still have it - will be physically full and still want to eat.. Boredom was/is my biggest enemy too.. So that's why half my time at home is spent on the computer - lbt & fb - can't eat if you are typing :0)

They have banded our stomachs and not our heads - the majority of our problems lies in our heads not our stomachs..

Take the word hope our of your vocabularies and replace it with will - if you think you can't you won't - if you think you can you will - I am a firm believer in positive affirmations !!

You really gotta love you - you gotta be selfish - this is your life pple you deserve to be happy & healthy. You deserve to have your power back and you all can do it - I truly believe that cuz I am no diff than you I'm really not...

Irene my gf Love & Hugs - Keep plugging away - You are doing great !!!

Thanks Peeps...

Yep head hunger is our #1 enemy !!! I still have it - will be physically full and still want to eat.. Boredom was/is my biggest enemy too.. So that's why half my time at home is spent on the computer - lbt & fb - can't eat if you are typing :0)

They have banded our stomachs and not our heads - the majority of our problems lies in our heads not our stomachs..

Take the word hope our of your vocabularies and replace it with will - if you think you can't you won't - if you think you can you will - I am a firm believer in positive affirmations !!

You really gotta love you - you gotta be selfish - this is your life pple you deserve to be happy & healthy. You deserve to have your power back and you all can do it - I truly believe that cuz I am no diff than you I'm really not...

Irene my gf Love & Hugs - Keep plugging away - You are doing great !!!

Awesome! You always know exactly what to say! :smile:

xoxo

Thank you so much for your post. I go 8-3-10 for my 1st consult and I know I'm still a long way from a surgery date, but post like yours keep me motivated.

Hi IndioGirl, I am soooooooooo impressed by what you've done (and really mad at myself). I had my lapband put in right after you on July 30, 2007, but I only lost a measly 45 pounds in the first year. Since then I've mainly used the band to stop me from gaining weight which it has done admirably, but I still need to lose another 50 pounds. I went in for a fill a couple of weeks ago for the first time in two years, and am trying to recommit myself to losing weight again. I'm determined to stick with it and do a better job this time!! Wish me luck!

Hi IndioGirl, I am soooooooooo impressed by what you've done (and really mad at myself). I had my LAP-BAND® put in right after you on July 30, 2007, but I only lost a measly 45 pounds in the first year. Since then I've mainly used the band to stop me from gaining weight which it has done admirably, but I still need to lose another 50 pounds. I went in for a fill a couple of weeks ago for the first time in two years, and am trying to recommit myself to losing weight again. I'm determined to stick with it and do a better job this time!! Wish me luck!

Lizzo - You can do it - like I said - take away the diet mentality - replace it with I'm going to eat healthy and I am going to get some exercise..

Log your food - pay attention to being full - it takes a while and maintain your band - just like a car you gotta maintain it for it to work - you have to do the same thing w/your band

LBT is a great place for support - It has been mine..

You can do this !!!!

Hugs - Janet

Congrats and wow!!! You look awesome. You're definitely a Bandster success. I can only hope to look as good as you in a year! :)