Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

Exercise and eating plan going well. Had a gym session this morning and Zumba in the evening. Glad to be getting my exercise routine on course.

It`s been a while since I`ve been on here. Doing well, exercise routine going well. Eating habit this week could be better but I had done great for about a month.

Hope you`re all doing well. October is just around the corner.

It`s been a while since I`ve been on here. Doing well' date=' exercise routine going well. Eating habit this week could be better but I had done great for about a month.

Hope you`re all doing well. October is just around the corner.[/quote']

Hello to you. Just joined yesterday and am currently 12 days post op. I was reading all the posts and must say you guys are awsome. Its refreshing to hear from people who actually understand whats in my head.

How is your loose skin holding up? How do you handle the plateau? Are all your nutritional needs actually being met? Have you had any unexpected things occur (pleasant or otherwise) Im just so excited and worried at the same time. Hoping to lose 7lbs a month.

Well, my 3rd "bandiversary" is Oct 1. I'm almost to goal! I started out at 248 and as of this morning, I weigh 150 (135 is my goal). I was down to 144 this past Dec (right before I got married), but after a slip and unfill, I gained some back.

If I could just quit eating at nite I could probably take off the last 15 lbs in the next few months!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Love, love, love my band! Even tho I've had some issues with it the past 6 mths or so (a slip, not fixed yet with severe reflux at night) I would do it again and again.

Marci

Hello to you. Just joined yesterday and am currently 12 days post op. I was reading all the posts and must say you guys are awsome. Its refreshing to hear from people who actually understand whats in my head.

How is your loose skin holding up? How do you handle the plateau? Are all your nutritional needs actually being met? Have you had any unexpected things occur (pleasant or otherwise) Im just so excited and worried at the same time. Hoping to lose 7lbs a month.

Hi Darkangel 321, Welcome to the thread and congrats on your op and journey so far. 7lbs a month should be achievable. In regards to the loose skin, I`ve not got much apart from the tummy area. I`m exercising like anything to get rid of it but I don`t think that will do so I`m considering an op.

In regards to the nutritional needs, you need to concentrate on taknig your Vitamins and drinking additional Protein, especially this early stages in your journey because being difficient in any nutrient is not pleasant.

Ohh, the plateaus are killers. They demoralise you completely and I`ve been through a lot of them. What I usually did was to vary what i ate and the exercise routines. As it stands now, I`m exercising extremely hard to reach a goal for my bandversary. Nevertheless, I`ve reached my goal so it`s just about tightening the muscles.

I`m wishing you all the best on your journey, it takes a lot of work but it`s worth it, hun. Keep us posted.

Hi Marci,

You must be looking great at 150. How tall are you? Anyway, congrats on your marriage. Gaining a bit of weight after such an important event should be expected I guess.

How is the reflux at night? Did it settle after the unfill? Are they going to have to fix the slip or will it fall into place?

The eating at night is a problem for me as well since I find it extremely difficult to eat in the mornings. You will Celebrate your 3rd bandversary before me. My 3rd is on the 19th. The band is lovely when one works with it but it`s hard work. It is worth it though.

Good luck in loosing the last 15lbs. It`s achievable. Congrats for the journey so far.

Hi Marci,

You must be looking great at 150. How tall are you? Anyway, congrats on your marriage. Gaining a bit of weight after such an important event should be expected I guess.

How is the reflux at night? Did it settle after the unfill? Are they going to have to fix the slip or will it fall into place?

The eating at night is a problem for me as well since I find it extremely difficult to eat in the mornings. You will Celebrate your 3rd bandversary before me. My 3rd is on the 19th. The band is lovely when one works with it but it`s hard work. It is worth it though.

Good luck in loosing the last 15lbs. It`s achievable. Congrats for the journey so far.

Hi Marci,

The eating at night is a problem for me as well since I find it extremely difficult to eat in the mornings. You will celebrate your 3rd bandversary before me. My 3rd is on the 19th. The band is lovely when one works with it but it`s hard work. It is worth it though.

kcg,

Thanks! I'm 5'5" - so my "perfect" weight is about 135. If I never lost another pound tho I'd still be happy. I'm now wearing a size 8 on the bottom, an Xl on top (I'm much bigger on top) and besides my back fat, I'm pretty happy with the way I look. So is my husband - tells me everyday how beautiful I am. He's also gained 20lbs since being married - he had lost 80 lbs lo carbing it, so he's pretty bummed about the gain. He's talked about gaining weight (and at 6' 1" for his BMI to be over 40, he'd have to weigh over 300) to 300 (another 85 lbs!) just so he can get a "contraption" too. He gets jealous that I can eat carbs - I just eat a few bites of whatever I want and it seems to work. He overeats carbs so he generally stays away from them.

Anyway, thanks for the comments! Have a great bandiversary on the 18th. Oh and the nightime reflux sucks. I have to sleep propped up with 3 pillows. Not very restful. It's not as bad as it used to be, now I can control it better with Prilosec Rx. My doctor says that he treats my symptoms, not an xray. So if he takes a little Fluid out and it helps, then he's done his job. I kinda wish he would be a bit more radical but I'm also glad that I'm not going thru surgery again. Don't know how I'd ever get thru the 4 weeks of liquids only! And the first time I had to do it, I lived by myself. Now I'd have to watch my husband eat - it would be torture.

Have a great weekend!

Marci

Hope you all had a great weekend. I had not been feeling good but getting better now. The exercise routine going well and the eating`s going well too. My wish now is to be able to have Breakfast daily but that`s not a priority at the moment. I guess eating too late at night means that I`m too full in the mornings for anything substantial. Working out in the mornings don`t help too since I find it difficult to exercise when I`ve eaten even an hour prior.

Have a good week.

Hope you all had a great weekend. I had not been feeling good but getting better now. The exercise routine going well and the eating`s going well too. My wish now is to be able to have breakfast daily but that`s not a priority at the moment. I guess eating too late at night means that I`m too full in the mornings for anything substantial. Working out in the mornings don`t help too since I find it difficult to exercise when I`ve eaten even an hour prior.

Have a good week.

Have you tried to start eating earlier so that you could stop eating earlier? That seems to work for me. Glad you are starting your week feeling better. Just finished my 3 mile walk. Used Mapmywalk app for the first time. It says my pace is 3.75mph. Im shocked bcuz I thought I was doing 3mph pace. Im aching a bit. I haven't lost any ounces in the past 2 days. Think it may be the beef Bologna I started eating. It goes down so easily but its 140 cal per slice. Been eating 3 slices a day. Everything little thing seems to make a difference.

I was banded october 19th 2011 and have lost 90 pounds! I am hoping to lose another 29 or so...I was hoping to have lost 100.pounds by my one year but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen

Have you tried to start eating earlier so that you could stop eating earlier? That seems to work for me. Glad you are starting your week feeling better. Just finished my 3 mile walk. Used Mapmywalk app for the first time. It says my pace is 3.75mph. Im shocked bcuz I thought I was doing 3mph pace. Im aching a bit. I haven't lost any ounces in the past 2 days. Think it may be the beef Bologna I started eating. It goes down so easily but its 140 cal per slice. Been eating 3 slices a day. Everything little thing seems to make a difference.

Darkangel, Yeah, tried eating early but mostly I`m not successful. I feel great whenever I manage to get breakfast in though.

Is the "beef Bologna" all that you eat daily? I don`t know exactly what it is but beef is Protein and at 420cals for all 3 slices should not make it difficult for you to lose weight. You`re going to be alright, hun.

You`re doing well with the exercise. The aching will eventually stop if you persist. I went for aqua zumba and spinning today and I feel better for it. I love walking but it feels so lonely when you do it on your own. Do you walk with others?

Regarding the weightloss, do you weigh yourself daily? If so, be mindful that it`s going to be utterly impossible to lose weight daily and not to be too disappointed about it. No gain is a good thing, right? You`re just a few days into your journey and have not started getting your fills yet. The weightloss will be a bit easier when you get a bit tighter. Personally, I`ve stopped weighing myself for a while but it`s not advisable when you`ve not reached your goal.

It should be alright in the end. Either that way or we give up and we`re not going to do so. Right? We should just try hard to work with the tool. Hope your sores are healing well.

I was banded october 19th 2011 and have lost 90 pounds! I am hoping to lose another 29 or so...I was hoping to have lost 100.pounds by my one year but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen

Dawn, 90lbs in a year is pretty good going. Congrats. What is your exercise routine? Keep up the good work.

In the beginning I was doing an hour walk and then I would go home and jump on the wii fit for an hour. After the husband and I seperated he kept the wii so I just did my walks. When it got to hot I did zumba for a month and a half. Now I am back to walking. I can tell my body has gotten used to it so the other day I took the plunge and joined planet fitness. I am hoping that having access to all the machines and weights will help me lose these last pounds! Time will tell

Darkangel' date=' Yeah, tried eating early but mostly I`m not successful. I feel great whenever I manage to get breakfast in though.

Is the "beef Bologna" all that you eat daily? I don`t know exactly what it is but beef is Protein and at 420cals for all 3 slices should not make it difficult for you to lose weight. You`re going to be alright, hun.

You`re doing well with the exercise. The aching will eventually stop if you persist. I went for aqua zumba and spinning today and I feel better for it. I love walking but it feels so lonely when you do it on your own. Do you walk with others?

Regarding the weightloss, do you weigh yourself daily? If so, be mindful that it`s going to be utterly impossible to lose weight daily and not to be too disappointed about it. No gain is a good thing, right? You`re just a few days into your journey and have not started getting your fills yet. The weightloss will be a bit easier when you get a bit tighter. Personally, I`ve stopped weighing myself for a while but it`s not advisable when you`ve not reached your goal.

It should be alright in the end. Either that way or we give up and we`re not going to do so. Right? We should just try hard to work with the tool. Hope your sores are healing well.[/quote']

Not just the Oscar Meyer...I start my day with an Optifast shake which is 160 cal, my lunch or dinner is usually Greek yogurt 80 cal. my other meal has been different like 2 days i made a quesadilla using chicken italian sausage, low fat cheese and low carb tortilla. 1tblsp sour cream on the side. zero calorie drinks all day including mostly Water. Tday im eating tuna fish with endive. Tuna made with tuscan italian dressing which allows me to cut 2/3 the mayo I would normally use and a boiled egg. I can eat 4x from this one can of tuna. Im thinking my calorie count is pretty low and I stay in ketosis.

In the beginning I was doing an hour walk and then I would go home and jump on the wii fit for an hour. After the husband and I seperated he kept the wii so I just did my walks. When it got to hot I did zumba for a month and a half. Now I am back to walking. I can tell my body has gotten used to it so the other day I took the plunge and joined planet fitness. I am hoping that having access to all the machines and weights will help me lose these last pounds! Time will tell

Sorry to hear about your seperation, what a bummer and taking the wii fit too?

I find being registered to the gym helpful, especially when the exercise classes are inclusive. Paying the premium gets me out of my bed. I`ve been varying the routines so not to get used to a specific one. I also enjoy exercise more that way. The weight will eventually drop off because that`s the law of nature. If you exert more than you consume, you will lose weight.

Give me a shout when you reach goal and i`ll do the dance with you, hun. lol.