Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am one week from surgery and my shoulder STILL hurts....How long till it goes away???? Oh, and I constantly feel like I need to burp, is this common too??? I am not regretting this at all, just need to know of I need to get used to this and for how long...LOL:smile:

I am not sure how long it should last but I was banded on July 1st and I still have a llittle shoulder pain and I am still burping all the time...so you are not alone!!! Good Luck!

For some people, the shoulder pain caused by the gas can last a few weeks. Try taking the GasX strips to help eliminate the gas. A heating pad on the shoulder helps as well as does walking. If it's real bad, take some liquid Tylenol.

As far as the burping, can't really help with that as I didn't experience that.

Congrats on the surgery!

Thanks so much! Will have to definitely do the heating pad thing tonight!!:confused:

hi.

I had severe left shoulder pain the first few days as well....I was banded on 7/1/10. I was told the only way to get rid of it was to walk around.....so I have been walking...prolly too much...not feeling too great otherwise, but the shoulder's better :confused: not burping...but HICCUPS! man they hurt!!!

i had shoulder pain 13 1/2 days!! It was terrible. Did lots of walking, gasx and heating pad!!

today it has been 3 wks exactly and the burping is still going on! it is super annoying but common with lap band as I understand from others who post!! I hope they get better because it is pretty annoying and quiet loud!

I was banded on July 2. My shoulders and back really hurt. I feel like I have broken ribs. I haven't been burping though. I have taken the chewable Pepcid Complete today and that has helped. Good luck guys!

Thanks alot for the input guys! I appreciate it! Other than those things, I really don't have any other problems....Luckily for me, I was out and about that same day and walking around each day, going to cookouts and to the store and things.......Good luck to you ladies! :confused: Wish you all the best!!

I was banded July 2nd. I've had severe shoulder pain the last few days. It was so bad yesterday that I left work (yeah, I know I wasn't supposed to be at work) and went home to rest. It seems to be better today.

I haven't burped. All my gas seems to be going the other way . . . if you get my drift.

I am a month and a half out and still get shoulder pain. Its not from the gas, its something else, my doctor explained it to me, but I couldnt tell you what! haha its something you just have to live with.

Well hopefully it eventually goes away...Today was irritating...

I was banded on 6/29/10 and to have had shoulder pain. I found the heating pad, increasing activity and the gas-x strips to work effectively. Hope this helps:smile2:

Recovery period varies. That depends on how your body heals. I don't think burping has something to do with it lol. To help hasten recovery, you can do some simple stretches and range of motion exercises. These are exercises that don't demand force but only techniques that will help restore shoulder mobility.

I had shoulder pain for about three weeks. I was beginning to think it was something else. The nurse told me that your arms are up above you during the surgery and sometimes that is the problem. It will get better.

So you mean you had surgery because of a dislocated shoulder? If you still feel the pain, the best way to re-adjust your shoulders is to slowly introduce activity to it. Some simple range of motion exercises and strengthening exercises will greatly help.