Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm almost 2 months post-op and I have lost all of my motivation. I did somewhat well the first month post surgery, but I've had a very bad month and find myself slipping right back into my old habits. I'm not whining, I have no one to blame but myself. We've had a death in the family and prior to her death, we've been running the roads like crazy visiting the hospital, which means a lot of snacking and fast food. I've had one fill and had to reschedule my second because it fell on the day of the funeral. But right now, I can't control my cravings, I can eat ANYTHING and have and just feel blah!!! I go tomorrow for my second fill but that won't keep me from eating the things I know I shouldn't.

If any of you have gone through a similar stage in their weight loss journey and beat this, I'd love to hear from you.:thumbup:

Don't give up.... you can't quit now... the game has just began! First, if you give in and give up and just go back to your old ways, its dangerous. Your band is intended for a less quantity of food so if you start over eating you're putting too much stress on your little stomach it's soo not good for you. Second, you got into this with the intention of losing the weight permanently and you will!! You can do this, don't let yourself down. I know it seems hopeless and lousy and you feel overwhelmed and deprived but you'll really feel bad if you just let it all go now... right? I think everyone struggles. I'm a month out and just bumping along. Feeling some days like "what did i do to myself," but just remember your end goal... you just gotta keep walking one foot in front of another, one step at a time. Don't look at tomorrow, just look at today and you'll make it! Keep your head up ... Hugs

Edited by sixtythreenova
spelling

So I'm almost 2 months post-op and I have lost all of my motivation. I did somewhat well the first month post surgery, but I've had a very bad month and find myself slipping right back into my old habits. I'm not whining, I have no one to blame but myself. We've had a death in the family and prior to her death, we've been running the roads like crazy visiting the hospital, which means a lot of snacking and fast food. I've had one fill and had to reschedule my second because it fell on the day of the funeral. But right now, I can't control my cravings, I can eat ANYTHING and have and just feel blah!!! I go tomorrow for my second fill but that won't keep me from eating the things I know I shouldn't.

If any of you have gone through a similar stage in their weight loss journey and beat this, I'd love to hear from you.:confused:

Loserheather,

Don't give up, don't give in! Right now it may be tough, but it will get better, I promise. I have been banded a little over a year and have had my share of struggles. It is harder for some of us BEFORE we get to our "sweet spot." It took about 9 months before I got there. I stopped weighing -- because I was obsessing over it -- months ago, so I don't actually know how much I weigh now ... I just know that I buy my clothes smaller and smaller. If you fall off the wagon, get back on. Don't beat yourself up, don't compare yourself to others, just keep getting up and getting on with your "new" life. Went to the funeral of a longtime friend on June 26th (wanted to eat something comforting when I found out), then found out yesterday that one of the ladies that spoke at her funeral (that I also went to high school with) died sitting in a chair watching TV this weekend. We are all around the same age (54) and it is freaking me out that my comtemporaries are dying. But, thanks to being at my "sweet spot" I can't overeat -- my band says "NO", and I stop.

So, hold on ... everything is going to be all right!

All the best to you.

Fran

I'm sure that many of us have experienced some of the same things you write about. I gained weight my first month. I had no restiction and no clue about the "sweet spot". It seemed like a fantasy. I am now four months and have lost 50 pounds. Was it always easy? No. Did I want fast food? Many times. When you find yourself on the go, you have to order what you know is the best option there. Don't browse the menu. For example, if I must stop by a fast food joint, I automatically order some kind of grilled chicken without the bun....no combo deals at all. That way, I am not even tempted to other choices. Snacks.... I pack my own. No time? I make the time for me to have what I can eat on hand. I can always find some kind of Protein shake that meet the proper requirements at some store. Hang in there. I get a renewed energy and motivation after every fill. I'm sure you'll make better choices after your fill. That's what you have to tell yourself:smile:

Banded 02/25/2010

i agree with everyone on this forum, don't give up...you've already taken a big step and you need to move forward not backwards.....you need to repeat to yourself that you can do it and that everything is possible. everytime you have a craving, try to get out and rather than eat, take a walk and distract yourself.

Don't give up. The first months are the hardest. It is hard to avoid the head stuff that we have dealt with our whole lives. We didn't get a band around our head just our stomach. Don't let your head psych you out.

Keep coming back. That is what everyone is here for.

please dont give up we are just starting out its going to get hard sometimes but we have to make it through

Wow! I was feeling the same way. I've had 4 fills and I still haven't reached the "sweet spot" yet. I have also lost motivation because of my own foolishness. I was banded 02/08/2010 and I've lost a little over 60 pounds! I still have a long way to go. The motivation and encouragement here is phenomenal. Thanks everyone!!

If any of you have gone through a similar stage in their weight loss journey and beat this, I'd love to hear from you.:confused:

Heather.

Stop now!

Ok, not trying to be super harsh with you - but my dear you are only 2 months out from surgery. You have to get your think tank back on straight or this will NEVER happen.

I know first hand, I'm way over 2 years out from surgery and I"m still trying to lose weight. I'm doing much better right now than I have since post-surgery. How did I get my mojo back? Well, I'll tell you. I TOOK IT BACK!

I went through some traumatic times about 4 months out. I won't go into detail because all it will do is serve me with an excuse to do what I want. That being eating what I want, when I want - not doing my workouts and treating my temple in a most unnatural and unhealthy fashion.

Also, let yourself go too. Do not think of this journey as all black and white. You have to be able to eat some of the things you enjoy. There is a limit though and the limit is very small. Also, everyone has triggers. Try to avoid those at all costs. If its something similar you enjoy, can tolerate a small portion and it won't push you off the deep end, go for it.

Other than that, stick with posting here at this website. There are so many here who will listen to you and ride the waves right along with you - especially myself. I've been here for almost 3 years and have made many friends. I count on my friends to pat me on my back when I'm doing well, but I also want them to kick my hiney when I'm not.

All the best!

I'm sure that many of us have experienced some of the same things you write about. I gained weight my first month. I had no restiction and no clue about the "sweet spot". It seemed like a fantasy. I am now four months and have lost 50 pounds. Was it always easy? No. Did I want fast food? Many times. When you find yourself on the go, you have to order what you know is the best option there. Don't browse the menu. For example, if I must stop by a fast food joint, I automatically order some kind of grilled chicken without the bun....no combo deals at all. That way, I am not even tempted to other choices. Snacks.... I pack my own. No time? I make the time for me to have what I can eat on hand. I can always find some kind of Protein shake that meet the proper requirements at some store. Hang in there. I get a renewed energy and motivation after every fill. I'm sure you'll make better choices after your fill. That's what you have to tell yourself:smile:

Banded 02/25/2010

Thanks for this, great post.