Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'Sup dudes. Any car guys here?

I ride an '08 suzuki bking, it's got a 186 hp at the rear wheel. It's basically a naked, slightly upright hayabusa, it's scary fast, and a ton of fun. I've had in the past 2 300zx's, one was a 90 n/a and the other a 91 TT that put 406 to the rear wheels, it was a lot of fun, but I got too many tickets. Now it's just my bike and my Nissan Titan.

re: "it's scary fast, and a ton of fun." understand that for sure.....way back when the earth's crust was still hot and the Kawasaki 500 3 cylinder 2 stroke had just hit the market, it was the absolute hottest thing available. I took my GF out for a demo ride and shifting into 4th around 100 mph on the freeway, felt the steering get a little light...glanced down to see the front tire floating well off the pavement!!!! Proved to be way too much bike for what I was after at the time. About 20 years ago I had a V65 Magna, Honda's big sport bike at the time. More of an upright cruiser, it had something like 125hp claimed. Impressive acceleration in any case. Went on a nice 3000 mile jaunt with buddies on various road rockets of the era. Great way to see the country.

Bike's are awesome, but you gotta respect em. My bike will do about 105 in 2nd gear. On several occasions I've brought the front end up at well over 100, with a little clutch action, can power wheelie(just crank on the throttle and bring the front up) up to about 85 in 2nd and just over 100 in 3rd. I have a lot of friends that ride gsxr 1000's, r1's and cbr 1000rr's and not one of them can power wheelie over about 80, and that's pushing it.

re: "it's scary fast, and a ton of fun." understand that for sure.....way back when the earth's crust was still hot and the Kawasaki 500 3 cylinder 2 stroke had just hit the market, it was the absolute hottest thing available. I took my GF out for a demo ride and shifting into 4th around 100 mph on the freeway, felt the steering get a little light...glanced down to see the front tire floating well off the pavement!!!! Proved to be way too much bike for what I was after at the time. About 20 years ago I had a V65 Magna, Honda's big sport bike at the time. More of an upright cruiser, it had something like 125hp claimed. Impressive acceleration in any case. Went on a nice 3000 mile jaunt with buddies on various road rockets of the era. Great way to see the country.

My uncle had a V65 Magna back on the late 80s, it was very fast from what I remember, especially for a "cruiser".

I ride an '08 suzuki bking, it's got a 186 hp at the rear wheel. It's basically a naked, slightly upright hayabusa, it's scary fast, and a ton of fun. I've had in the past 2 300zx's, one was a 90 n/a and the other a 91 TT that put 406 to the rear wheels, it was a lot of fun, but I got too many tickets. Now it's just my bike and my Nissan Titan.

What happened to rants and rave section?

it's still in the same place

I have Loved cars for as long as i can remember. I am 35 and until 4 yrs ago when I was forced to go on disability due to my obesity I was an Auto Mechanic. How ever I may be the odd car guy cause I am a MOPAR guy. I love the sound of and old HEMI or Big Block screaming as you grab gears and blow the tires off of an old Road Runner or Cuda.

I spent 3 years working for our local Chrysler dealer. While there I helped one of the sales men restore a 68 Plymouth Fury 3. I wound up rebuilding the engine, trans, rear diff, and complete front end. when we were finished that baby looked like it did the day it rolled off the show room floor.

Some of my other car loves are 4x4 trucks and Demolition Derby. I have been building and driving Derby cars since I was 16. I acan remember helping my dad build his when I was barely old enough to see over the fender. As for my love of 4x4's I curently own a 1994 F150 extended cab. It is a short bed with a 5.0 sitting on 31x10.50 R15 tires. i can not wait till I amable to get back out there and get grease under my fingers again.

Before I was banded I weighed over 600lbs. my surgery date was April 20. 2010. On saturday March 12 2011 I weighed when I went to a local support group and weighed in at 450 lbs. So I am on the right track.

Good luck to all of you fellow car guys and keep the love alive.

re: "Before I was banded I weighed over 600lbs. my surgery date was April 20. 2010. On saturday March 12 2011 I weighed when I went to a local support group and weighed in at 450 lbs. So I am on the right track. " nicely done bigdaddy24....sounds like you're on the way to total rebuild yourself!!! Cheers on your journey! re: tech training: are you "Wrangler enabled"?

My dream classic car would be a 63 or 64 corvette, my dad had both, the 64 was a split window stingray. But I must say, I have a huge soft spot in my heart for mopars like bigdaddy. The first brand new car my paternal grandfather ever bought was a 1956 Plymouth Golden Fury. My dad's first car ever was a 48 Plymouth Coupe Special deluxe, which also happens to be my father-in-laws, first car, but with a fun twist. The father-in-laws plymouth has been in the family since it was brand new, bought by his grandfather and passed down, he and his 3 brothers all shared it, and now he is the owner, and we're about 25% through a complete frame off restoration of it. We got lucky too as his father was a bit of pack rat and has boxes full of brand new parts for the car from the 50's, original spark plugs, belts, a carb rebuild kit, 2 radio's, two of those sweet a/c units you hang from the window and put ice in, along with tons of other things. This car has been a blast to work on, it's kind of bogged down, since my wife and I moved to so cal, but every trip north we work on it. My only beef with Mopar, is no fault of the cars themselves, it's just that they are so dang expensive, I'd love to buy an old cuda, challenger, or charger, but just the shells of those cars have gotten so expensive it's crazy, and to try and find an original Hemi? Forget about it.

The Royal Marriage had millions of viewers all over the world. It was one of the historic event that every person wishes to witness. Some actually traveled to London just to witness the royal event. For some reason, this event fascinates everybody in the world most especially young girls out there. For some they consider it as a fairytale that came true. The event was something Americans were especially interested in. Maybe this is just because it is a dream comes true that individuals simply fanaticize about. One part of the marriage was not known by most though. The auto really runs on wine. The gas that was used was ethanol made out of wine. The proof is here: Kate and William's wedding car.