Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am BANNDED!! Here is what my day was like

Ok. let me start with my pre-op diet.

3 weeks of Optifast shakes, sugar free drinks, sugar free Jello and that is it. I SUCKED on this diet. It was the most horrible thing in the free world.

I was starving to death! I felt like total crap. I did my shakes and diet during the day but at night I would have some chicken ( baked ) or a bite of what I cooked for supper. The whole time I would beat my self up b/c I am cheating all the time. How in the hell will I be able to do the post-op diet. And will I even be able to get my band b/c I am cheating. Just a horrible time for me.

I had my band June 29th ( yesterday ) got to the hospital at 5am. Signed some paper work. They took me to the back room and I changed my clothes, peeded in a cup and sat in bed. Two nurses came in and started my IV ( wasnt so bad ) and gave me my Heperain ( spelling ) shot in the stomach. This didnt hurt me at all. Some people say this hurt, but I didnt hardley feel it. They we played the waiting game. My doctor, his nurse, surgery nurse and anistisiologish ( spelling ) came in over an hours time to talk to me.

Finally the anistisologist came in, gave me some drugs to relax. I guess I relaxed. I remember everything though. I was wheeled into the operating room. Creed was playing kinda loud. but I liked that ( distraction ). I scooted over to the table. They started setting me up and then Kid Rocks' All summer long started to play then they put my mask on and I went to sleep.

Woke up with a VERY sore throat. Coughing. I was crying. I wasnt unhappy or sad or mad or hurting. just crying. lol. I told the nurse I had to get up and pee. She told me I needed to stay in bed a little longer. I told her,no. I need to pee now. I guess she didnt belive me and I acctualy started to pee on myself ( i guess with the drugs I had no ability to hold it in, I tried!!) she finally let me up and i Got out of bed just fine and walked to the bath room to finish peeing. lol.

I walked just fine and sat down just fine. I was sick to my stomach. but they gave me some meds for that. I got back in a CLEAN bed. lol and rested. She gave me more pain meds and I just chilled waiting around. I was a little sore but nothing like my previous, horrible c-section. about an hour later I was put in a wheel chair and brought to Xray where I did the barium swallow. I was more than happy to do that nasty shot of barium. My mouth was sooooo dry!! and sticky and nasty! :)

So, then I was put back in the wheel chair and they gave me a wet wash cloth to whipe my mouth out and try to get that barium out. But, i loved my wash cloth. it was so nice. they wheeled me back into recovery. I just sat in my wheel chair and sucked on my rag. lol. then about an hour later the doc said I was good and I could have Water. The nurse gave me 5 medicine cups ( like the cups that are on nyquil or pepto ) full of ice and water. I had to drink one every 10mins. best thing in the world!!!! I drank them just fine. Then i got some pain meds to go :yikes: and then my IV was taken out and I got dressed and off to home I went.

We stopped by Walmart on the way home and got some things I needed.

I feel the best when I am up moving around. I came home and fed my friends dog and took her for a walk. relaxed for a little bit and then walked the dog some more. I feel great! iam sore the most where my port is, and my back and left shoulder is sore but nothing thats not tollerable.

I do take my pain meds every 4-6 hours. ( I am not here to prove anyting. Pain sucks and I dont want any lol )

Last night was a little rough. My back and shoulder hurt. SO I was up walking alot last night. but I am good today. Just got out of the shower and about to feed the dog and take her for a walk again.

I just cant express how relived I am. After my HORRIBLE c-section I had my self expecting something like that. But, when its nothing like that recovery. I feel.... great.

The best part is.. is im not hungry. for two days I am just not hungry. My band isnt filled at the time but, you know right where you feel hungry??? That is where my incisions are and I cant tell if I am hungry or just sore. But, I rather feel sore for the rest of my life then hungry. lol.

I am just relived that it is IN me and I have it. I am writing down everything I drink for my post op apt. the 13th of july. :)

take care everyone.

thanks for your experiance. where did you get your surgery and did they give you a diet plan? do you have to go back in a few weeks for your 1st fill? keep us posted and good luck xx

Tori,

Congrats!!

Just so it doesn't hit you by surprise. You wake up a little cramped and sore all over on Saturday when the IV fluids leave your body.

I guess this means we will see you at the July support meeting in Colleyville?

Thanks for sharing your experience! I look forward to following your journey!

I was also banded on June 29, 2010, I look forward to sharing my journey with you as well!

I had my surgery on the 29th as well. Certainly was not that easy for me. I felt horrible all day and am just moving round today. I am able to drink and have no problem keeping liquid down.