Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any northern nj/nyc bandsters out there?

I'm looking for support groups either in Northern NJ or NYC I need all the support I can get and I would really like to meet some bandsters going thru what I am going thru and those that are in in in the long haul. Thanks in advance!!!! :)

Hi I am in the Bloomfield/Newark area.

Tenafy here - where are you? Hackensack has a support group first Thursday of the month - haven't been yet because it is during my late night at work, but going to try to make it in July and August due to no late nights.

I live in NY and go to a monthly support group for wls patients at Lenox Hill Hospital (77th, bet. lex & park ave). Our group meets every third Thursday of every month at 6pm.

Best,

Lauren

I'm in North Jersey, Morris County. I haven't been to any support group meetings yet, but look forward to going soon. Would love to meet up with other bandsters....where are you from samanthea?

I am in the Paramus area. I havnt been tol any support groups yet, but plan to go to the group at englewood hospital. we are hear for you!

I live in Sussex County NJ. I know there is a support group once a month at Chilton Hospital. I am going to try to go this month.

I live in the Paramus area too. Can you give me dates and times for Englewood and Hackensack support groups. I would love to go and meet people in the same boat as me. My nutristionist does the one out of Chilton Hospital but it's at 5:30pm I may see if I can work it out and go to the July meeting. But I think the more meetings I go to the better off i will be. Thanks for all your replys maybe we can all meet one day and have a bandster meet and greet!!!!

I live in Sussex County NJ. I know there is a support group once a month at Chilton Hospital. I am going to try to go this month.

Do you know what date the July meeting is?

Samanthea..

I don't know but it usually around the 15th. We might go to the same nutritionist...Susana??

My surgeon was Dr. Gritsus...they usually have it posted on the board so when I go in I will check it out:)

Samanthea..

I don't know but it usually around the 15th. We might go to the same nutritionist...Susana??

My surgeon was Dr. Gritsus...they usually have it posted on the board so when I go in I will check it out:)

Yup we had the ame Dr!!!!! When were you banded? How are you doing so far? :scared2:

I was banded on June 14th...No pain at all just really hungry. I find he is more strict with the post op diet..a lot of others get to move to mushy food faster. I was in the ER last night with pain, and severe bloat and reflux...but thank God no slippage or anything.

Dr. Gritsus is great tho..he is so calm and I really like him. I call him all the time cause I am always freaking out about something..lol

How about you? When were you banded and how have you been feeling?

I was banded on June 9th. It was really bad the 1st week and a 1/2 now I feel great. I agree He is very strict with our diets. I'm almost 3 weeks and I'm dying over here it seems we even skip the mushy stage and go right into regular foods. So I have a week and a half and I can eat again. I have NO restriction at all and when I saw him I asked him what size band he put in me and he put in the 14cc large band. Do you know what size band you have? I get my first fill July 13th and I see Susanna on the 19th. So happy to have met you!!!

I was banded on June 14th...No pain at all just really hungry. I find he is more strict with the post op diet..a lot of others get to move to mushy food faster. I was in the ER last night with pain, and severe bloat and reflux...but thank God no slippage or anything.

Dr. Gritsus is great tho..he is so calm and I really like him. I call him all the time cause I am always freaking out about something..lol

How about you? When were you banded and how have you been feeling?

I'm so sorry you were in the ER last night where were you having pain? Did they give you anything for the reflux? Did they say why you were in so much pain etc?

I hope you get better fast...it sucks to bein pain ((HUGS))

They gave me protonix last night in the ER and I felt great..I made them give me a prescription for it..lol

When I met with Dr Gritsus at one week post op he told me 2 more weeks of liquids...so that would be 3 weeks of liquids and then move to foods....are you doing 4 weeks?

I looked on the papers that Susana gave me and it said weeks 1,2, and 3 stage 1...so I plan on starting foods a week from today...am I totally misunderstanding???