Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you been keeping your fat clothing?

I got rid of the biggest stuff and things I never liked much in the first place, but i have to admit that now that I've lost a bunch of weight, I am saving good articles of clothing here and there as I shrink out of them. I saved some smaller stuff and it's coming in handy all these years later and I'm so glad I have it. I know that with this band I won't gain the weight back but...I always gain the weight back. I can only assume that this is a terrible practice. Maybe I'm just cheap. What's your "policy"?

I haven't gotten to the point of having fat clothes to get rid of but when I do they are going straight into the garbage so I never see them again. I will probably keep 1 pair of jeans as a reminder but other than that they are outta here!

I too kept smaller things as I got bigger and bigger, and I am so glad I did. It feels wonderful to wear them again! But I am not keeping the things that are now too big, I will never go back to those larger sizes. I had round one of closet cleaning and took 5 bags of stuff to Good Will - I never want to see those big things again!

I haven't decided yet this time around. The things I don't like anyway are definitely on their way out and I hope I can take in or cut down some of the things I really like.

I'm down 47 pounds at this point and haven't considered wearing different clothes to this point so am still wearing the clothing I was pre-band. I keep wondering when I will see a difference too. I feel much better, but that's about the extent of the progress as it's not cosmetic so far.

Fat clothes all gone. Some "skinny " clothes gone too as they weren't skinny enough.

We have a clothes swap at our support group, only problem is I seem to donate lots and get very little back.

This band is costing me a fortune!

So far, I have gotten rid of all my fat clothes and the ones that I bought to replace the fat clothes.

I have some almost new jeans, that I bought to take to the Grand Canyon in May, size 14. I have them in my close and my husband suggest finding a tailor to help with those. I changed sizes real quick lately. I had been lucky as I had been hitting the better dept store winter sales, so I got $45 for 15, but still hurts to wear 3 times and have to get rid of those jeans.

I have one pair of jeans I'm hanging on to---not because I will ever wear them again, but to remind me, when my mind is unable to see my loss, how far I've come.

The rest gets ditched as soon as it's too big.

Keeping?

Over 130 pounds down and I still wear it. I get yelled at by the fashion police all of the time but I ain't tossing out good clothes.

My friends were divided in advising me to keep or give away my big clothes. I chose to donate the big ones as I outgrew them...I am in a size 4 and started in a 3X and 24/26....I would have no room for my new clothes had I not purged as I went. I comfort myself that somewhere there are some happy short ppl wearing the right length jeans and slacks, LOL!!!

Mimi

I am only because the season change came right as my jeans were getting too ridiculously baggy to wear. Luckly, baggy/loose shorts aren't so ridiculous, so I'm safe for now. Money is tight until I can find a job, and I hate wasting $$ on clothes very few people are going to see. That, and I hate shopping.

OK I listened to your advice and did a serious purge this morning. It is the right thing to do but it feels weird. Like the fat gods are laughing at the hubris of it all or something. They're not...right??

LOL, it is not a case of excessive pride to want to wear well fitting clothes. Appropriate pride in our accomplishments is a healthy thing and helps to reinforce wanting to never go back. The lap band will help with that goal, but ultimately WE did it and can smile back at the fat deities!!!

Mimi

my policy is give away my old clothes, get new clothes and maintain my weight.....don´t want to see my old size, i love seeing my new size and my new wardrobe. so be positive and don´t look back. :smile:

The old clothes are gone! I really never liked most of them, but they were what I could find that fit...so given the chance to actually chose what I want to wear, I'm on it!