Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't been on BC for over a year because I had no need to be on it. Well, now that I want to go back on it I am a little nervous. I DON'T want to gain a bunch of weight back because of BC. Do any of you ladies have any suggestions as to a type that worked for you with minimal weight gain?

I'm on the ortho evra patch. No weight gain or side effects for me.

You can wash it off.

I take yaz and I love it I don't even have a period most months. I've been on it for a couple years.

I have Implanon. It's an Etonogestrel Implant. It's in the flab of my arm on the inside, and I can barely feel it, it's good for an entire 3 years too (I was never good with taking the pill).

When I did the shot, I gained a TON of weight, so that's one I wouldn't recommend.

But the Implanon I love. No problems so far, and my periods have been really light, lasting barely 2-3 days.

I take the shot, I was already fat when I started but I didn't notice any additional gain. Plus I have not had a period in 7 years. Now thats a side effect you can love!

I can't do the hormones so I use the Paragard IUD. My periods have always been pretty light so it's worked out well. It's good for 5 years.

Good luck to you!!!

i have mirena iud, good for 5 years, light to no period for me. no weight gain

I had my tubes tied but because of heavy periods the doctor put me on Yaz. That caused blood clots from my legs to travel into both lungs and almost killed me. So now the doctor put me on the Mirena and I haven't had a period since July of last year. No addl weight gain or any problems with it. I love it.

I have the Mirena implant too, and I love it- light to no periods and no weight gain... and it's good for 5 years.

Im on the depo shot. Side effects are weight gain but I lost 20 pounds the first 3 months I was on it..

Im on the depo shot. Side effects are weight gain but I lost 20 pounds the first 3 months I was on it..

That's the one I was on for almost 2 years, I gained 60 pounds. And my new gyno explained that one of the hormones in the shot is used to inject in cancer patients doing chemo to give them an appetite. I don't know how true that is though.

I have a mirena IUD, too! LOVE it. I haven't had a period since April of 2007. I never have to worry about running out of my prescription or taking a daily pill. I also never put on any weight with it.