Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your stomach feel tight right after being banded

Being new to this I cannot decide whether this tight feeling in the morning is part of the healing process or if its restriction even though the band is empty. Either way what helps it loosen up? :)

I too have that tight feeling. To me, it feels the same as you do after doing a bunch of crunches. It tends to loosen up during the day.

Haha! I've never done that many crunches :) I hope it gets better or I find a solution though, I was litterally walking around hunched over all morning and finally crawled back into bed with a pillow behind my back hoping that would help. Found any solutions?

Don't worry it will feel better soon. I am almost 2 months out with no fill and starting to feel hungry more and more. I do feel on and off like I did to many crunches also, but I think that is just a part f the healing process.

I have heating pads in everry room of the house. They help the tummy pain and my back pain from being hunched over.

Could it be from not walking enough?

Haha! I've never done that many crunches :) I hope it gets better or I find a solution though, I was litterally walking around hunched over all morning and finally crawled back into bed with a pillow behind my back hoping that would help. Found any solutions?

Best solution is time. I had that exact same feeling in teh weeks right after surgery. I would stand up and walk all hunched over since everything had tightened up as I sat. Sounds pretty normal. I betcha that suddenly in a couple weeks you'll be telling us how you can eat pretty much anything. It happens! Hang in there.

Karen, good to know! I was a bit panicked this morning thinking "I couldn't go into work like this every morning". It's much better as the day progressed, but hopefully I won't wake up like that EVERY morning.

It's just the inflammation of the stoma, where the band is around your stomach, is irritated and inflammed from the surgery. Depending on how you heal, it could be as short as only a few days up to 6 weeks or more. That's one of the reasons the doctors put you on an all liquid diet, usually for the first two weeks, to allow that to heal. As you know some people will heal faster than others, but we all eventually get around to healing:-]

Hope this explains things for you a little better. Good luck with your new journey, keep us posted.

Cindy

It does Cindy thank you! I noticed I didn't walk around as much as I usually do (i was lazy yesterday) could that have contributed?

You're cute and funny:-] Don't know if laziness affects it or not, though if it does, than it would have taken me forever to heal, lol. It's good to be lazy sometimes, but some of us:rolleyes: just do a little too much of it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cindy

PS If you ever want to ask me something specifically, by all means feel free to pm me, I always answer those.

cs

I had this too and discovered that my body felt tight there from the outside, and was indeed tightened up from the inside. I would try to have a drink of cold Water and would have a lot of trouble. I switched to warm tea, and after one cup (drink it very slowly), I felt soooo much better. Warming things up from the inside out has helped me a lot. Let me know if it works for you.

:)

It does Cindy thank you! I noticed I didn't walk around as much as I usually do (i was lazy yesterday) could that have contributed?

lol, well...maybe. I'm a lazy gal by nature but I was all commando on walking around. It seemed to be the ONLY thing that made me feel better, especially when I was in hunched over mode. Heck, a couple days after my surgery I woke up in the middle of the night all tight like that and I got up and did laps around my garage at like 3 in the morning. My sister thought I'd lost my mind. But it helped. Everything calmed down and I went back to bed.

Oh and like princess said...WARM liquids. I finally figured out while on liquid stage not to refridgerate my Ensure, to just drink it warm. It went down SO much easier. And also lots of warm broth. Like princess, I have to start each day with something warm otherwise Katrinka (my band) is CLOSED for business!!