Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled for surgery on July 15th. I'd love to meet other Bandsters in the area.

Yupp! Suffolk girl here just got date today for July 14th! going to Winthrop with Dr Colin Brathwaite. Very excited butterflys and whatnot in my stomack. Not at all apprehensive just anxious to Geter' Done! Wish you the best!

Valencia,

I'm a Suffolk girl too! I live in Middle Island. I'm going to Syosset Hospital with Dr. Geiss.

If you ever need some local support before or after surgery, let me know!

Nicole

Hi: I had a consult with Dr Geiss and am in the process of doing some of the testing. Did you do the Nutritionist and Psyc yet? How was it and were they receptive to the lapband. Not going to the one in Geiss' office because they dont accept ins. Was on the fence about the surgery for a long time. Overthinking it. Now I am more positive about doing this. I am older and a little scared about complications. Did you go to any seminars at the Ritz? They were informative but I felt like they were selling the product.

Good Luck -- July is almost here. :)

Cat Lady,

I did the in-house psych and nutritionist. They were both amazing and so supportive. The out of pocket money I spent on them was well worth it.

I had my pre-op testing today. I'm really starting to feel excited that this is actually going to happen!

If you're nervous or anxious at all, call Dr. Geiss' office. Everyone there is so supportive. I'm so glad to be working with his team.

Shiu B Do: Good luck on the 15th. Finally finished all my required tests. Now waiting approval from ins. Keep me posted on your progress. Wish you the best. Cat lady:redface:

Li Here to im having my surgey done by Alexander Barkan at winthrop no date yet just finished all my test they said it will be sent out the the insurance company monday i have empire bcbs...

DiValencia how was the journey with Dr colins?

WuZuuup!!! Everybody is making fine progress tick tock tick tock!!! Very exciting indeed. I have awhirlwind week ahead.

Two PreSurgicalTesting in the same day. I have to have an additional procedure on the 8th for an IV Filter to be put in my groin to prevent blood clotting possibilities. I will be under anesthesia the thing takes about 15mins the doctor said but I told him not take his time and give it 20mins. lol. I was so not even joking with him.

Anyway, I'm on the second week of my liquid diet and I had a couple of slip ups nothing major and for the most part decent food choices with the exception of some fries from my niece.

So far my Surgeons office and staff have been incredible all of my presurgey experience has been white glove and very encouraging.

I just can't wait to get this party started. Do you guys live alone or with family. I live alone so plastered all over my place are visuals to encourage me and remind me of the new life we are embarking upon.

Guess what I did? I went and viewed the surgery on youtube! Not sure you can handle it but I thought it was absolutely awesome. No fears just anxious to Geter' Done!

Laters' Peop's the countdown is on!!! DiVA

Edited by DiValencia
spelling

Hi, I am on LI too, in Islip (just moved 3 months ago from Roslyn Heights, finally got my own place). I am using Dr. Cussati. Went for my first consult on Tuesday. Seems really nice. Today I scheduled my Psych eval, nutrition consults, and Cardio exam. Going to call up and make an appointment for my upper endo tomorrow, and perhaps the pulmonary consult. Anyone know if it just says Pulmonary disease, that would be the same thing as pulmonologist I assume, since that is all I saw when searching through ones who are on my plan. I am kind of weary about all these appointments as I do not like going to Dr.s but I know it is for the best. Luckily, since I did weight watchers last year my 6 month monitored weight loss is done, so I just have to do the pre op tests and get approved. I really hope I can get it all done by next month. I am going away at the end of August and I can have one last hurrah and hopefully get surgery in September. I am so ready to put my weight behind me.

itsallgood- I too have Empire Blue cross blue shield. I hope they are good about approving the surgery.

Hi: I am new to this site and a patient of Dr. Geiss in Syosset. All my papers are in for approval from insurance.

Kind of nervous and a little scared. I made the mistake of looking up complications to this surgery and spooked myself.

Will not do that again. I only need the positive input now -- since I made the decision to do this.

DiValencia: Why do you need the extra procedure to prevent clots. This is one of my worries. I am older and concerned about clots. Does you Dr. do it to all patients or do you have a specific concern. Thanks for your reply.

cat lady:confused:

Long Island here, too! I was banded in March by Dr. Mehta in Riverhead. LOVE her!

yupp i live in port jeff station im going with Winthrop with Dr Colin Brathwaite my date is july 7th im so nervous lol

Hey Lady, Welcome and don't get spooked it's always good to be informed.

The reason for my IV filter is tht my BMI is off the charts and I'm very short a well so to be cautious it was explained to me to be preventative it was a good idea to have this put in. It will be removed in three months and I won't even know it is there. It's like and umbrella that catches any closts that may travel to my legs and disolves them and allows the blood flow to proceed naturally.

You'll do fine the countadown in on!! Yaay!

Gret for you! Let me know how it goes I'm right behind you a week later on the 14th. How long was it for the presurgical testing and class? Diva

Hi my name is elaine. I'm having my sergery on July 21st. Using Dr Vorha Little nervous. GLad all testing is almost over