Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my date has changed twice but the final date is July 7th. I start liquids on 6/23. I'm excited, nervous and all kinds of different feelings. I just saw a picture of me from April and I was completely disgusted. I'm ready for change, I feel like I'm living in someone else's body.

Was your date moved up or pushed back? I'm getting my band on July 8th and I start my pre-op diet on June 17th. I'm quite nervous about that but I'm sure I've made the right decision about getting the band. :(

Hey guys, my date is July 12th. I find out about my pre op diet date soon. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I only told the friends that support me. Some people think i'm taking the lazy way out, but I don't think so.

Hi everyone, I am scheduled for surgery July 23rd. My surgeon only has me on a liquid diet for 2 days before surgery, as long as I don't gain more than around 5 pounds before then. I am so ready for a life change, and to find a thinner and healthier me, but am starting to get nervous. I have a 22 month old daughter, so I have some nervousness about recovery time with her. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences before my surgery.

My surgery date is 7/20 & I can't wait! I am more than excited, I'm estatic. I want the rest of my life to be a healthier, skinnier one. A week ago I underwent gall bladder removal in preparation for the band and it was all worth it. It must have been causing trouble (no attacks though) because I already feel better.:(

Hey guys, my date is July 12th. I find out about my pre op diet date soon. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I only told the friends that support me. Some people think i'm taking the lazy way out, but I don't think so.

i totally understand what u mean, today i just told one of my friends, and he basically grilled me and was like ur not willing to put in the work, i kept reassurring him that this will be hard work but he thinks its just the easy way out... so i am not going to discuss anymore with him, if he can't support my decision than so be it, i am not doing it for him, im doing it for myself!

plus he dont know what i have been through in my past, and what i am going thru physically right now, so his opinion is automatically kicked away! I have done my research and asked my questions, now all im waiting for is my surgery date, hopefully it will be by august....

i totally understand what u mean, today i just told one of my friends, and he basically grilled me and was like ur not willing to put in the work, i kept reassurring him that this will be hard work but he thinks its just the easy way out... so i am not going to discuss anymore with him, if he can't support my decision than so be it, i am not doing it for him, im doing it for myself!

plus he dont know what i have been through in my past, and what i am going thru physically right now, so his opinion is automatically kicked away! I have done my research and asked my questions, now all im waiting for is my surgery date, hopefully it will be by august....

EXACTLY that's why I only told a few persons, because I feel like they not in my shoes, they didn't try to get on a damn rollercoaster and couldn't because the bar wouldn't go down. That shit is embarrassing. I feel like I should do what makes me feel good about myself, the only person that have to live with me is me for the rest of my life, not theirs.

July 1 here! but hoping they can move it up to last week of June.. starting my liquid diet as of Monday.. have a long diet wants to be sure my liver is in the best shape possible. and he wants to make sure I would be ready just in case he can move it up a week.:frown:

I also only told my very close friends and my parents. I live in a very small town and if I tell anyone other than that then the entire town will know in a few hours - LOL! Last week I was dreading the pre-op diet but now I'm so excited I just want to get started on my new life. So bring it on! :frown:

My surgery is July 1st. I am really excited. My biggest concern is the recovery time for return to work. I am trying to prep my body for surgery by eating healthy, trying to exercise, and cutting out alcohol.

I have told many of my friends about my surgery. Everyone has been supportive so far. They just want me to be healthy.

Just got scheduled for July 15th. I'm so excited and nervous and anxious to get started.

Im scheduled july 30th!!To the ladies who have the unsupportive friends--these people are just ignorant and do not understand this process and what all it takes and the hard work involved. It takes really learning and educating yourself in order to understand how it all works. surround yourself with positive and supportive people because these are the people that will make a difference in your success!! Im really excited about having the surgery but scared as well. I dont trust myself with food so I have doubts too..but you have to find it in yourself to make it happen....and make it work.

Hello,

My surgery is July 2nd but my Dr. did not say anything about a liquid diet before. I better ask him? Maybe it's too soon to start it? I'm very excited and cannot wait for this new chapter of my life to start :(

My dr. hasnt said anything about liquid diet either..I have my last appt before surgery on July 2nd so he may tell me something than but a girl I work with had the same doctor do the procedure last year and she did not require the liquid diet before surgery..I think is up to the doctor. I sure hope I dont have to!!

I'm July 2nd!