Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Support Feeling Depressed!!!!

GM, today is not a good day. Actually the past few days I am feeling really down in the dumps. I feel like eating everything in sight but I am controlling myself. I go to the gym 5 days a week and the scale doesn't move. Starting to think couldn't I have just done this myself.

Mornin' Jen

I'm with ya. The last couple weeks I've been feeling like I'm more obsessed with food now then before all of this:sad:. What can I have; what can't I have; what's too fattening; watch the portions......:eek:

What keeps me going is the fact that even though the scale slowed down, it's NOT going up!!!:P Keep reminding yourself that every pound you lose, even if it's just a few more, keeps you healthier!!! We can do this and we WILL do this!!!

Much hugs!:tongue2:

I feel like you do. I've only lost 15 lbs since Sept, pre-surgery I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. I know what I am doing wrong. I only exercise on the elliptical and walk, I don't push myself. I have days like you where I have this hole in my stomach and no matter what I eat it isn't enough to even satisfy me. I get down in the dumps all the time since I'm not losing any weight. It took 1 1/2 years from my first appt to getting my approval letter in the mail. You have come so far to just let this go. You have to stay on track and I am not a good example but if I were to tell you anything it would be to stay on track. You just didn't put the weight on overnight and it seems like a constant battle to eat healthy, eat your Protein, exercise...do everything everyone tells you but that is the only way to get through this. You are stronger than you know and you just need some pick-me-ups to help you along this journey. But I think you are doing great...you just have days like I do.

Thank you guys, I did just get from the gym and did a hard workout but then I come home and get on scale. I have to stop getting on it every single day but its like I am obsessed with it!!!! I go to the dr on Friday and hopefully I will get a fill.

Throw the damned scale out! Measure your success by the way your clothes feel. If you must weigh (and I do), weigh yourself once a week or once a month at the gym.

Hey- Starting to feel the same way about the scale. I'm only a week and a half out from surgery and I'm already obsessed with the scale. This morning I got on int and it said I was up almost 2lbs. WHAT??

I'm in agreement with Rsilversea, throw it out or weigh once a month. I'm going to TRY to adhere to that myself.

Good Luck :thumbup:

I agree with throwing the scale out, or at least stop weighing yourself everyday. There are going to be natural flucuations, don't let them drive you crazy. Keep up the great job you are doing. Sounds like you are doing everything right. You will see that scale move. Also, hopefully the fill you will get will help with the hunger. Keep us posted on how your doing.

Hello All:

This journey is really hard. But we CAN DO IT!!!! Don't dispair. I've been post-op 1 year and 5 months. I haven't even made my personal goal yet. LOL!!!!! I'm about 24 pounds away and I've been maintaining since April...SHEESH!! Today I actually go for a fill, so I'm hoping that will get me back to a better restriction level, I will also be going back to the gym after not being there for 2 weeks (due to a toe injury) so....don't get discouraged, you can do it!! You really can!

I'm in the same boat. scale hasn't budged in over two weeks. It's very frustrating. I see my doc today. Not sure if he'll fill or not. I just had my first fill two weeks ago. I'm being very good. I'm not going over 1300 calories a day. I'm keeping my portions small... I know this has to start working sometime. I just hope it's soon. lol

Day 15 of the scale not moving despite doing everything right. It is so frustrating, and some days I think I might as well go have a margarita and a big Mexican dinner if the scale isn't going to move down! :smile: 3 weeks out...how many calories a day should I be having? Am I not eating enough? I eat 3 meals a day with no snacking. I am so frustrated at this point and feel like all of my hard work is for nothing.

It gets harder each day to keep a positive attitude. :thumbup:

I think we should all make a pact and choose one day every two weeks to weigh in and share our experiences with each other and hopefully we can keep motivating one another to keep going. Let me know what you all think!!!!

I'm down with the "pact". :thumbup:

Great you pick the day and date that will be our next weigh in!!!!! AND NO CHEATING!!!LOL

My official weigh in day is Monday morning before I shower (usually 7 am). My only other weigh in is Friday morning at Weight Watchers but I don't count their weight as accurate.

Monday would be great now I do have a follow up appt with the dr. on Friday so I will be weighed then. Do you want to do every other week or every monday?