Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

I know I am not the brightest thing sometimes, but I have NO ads! Don't know why.

I hope all has a great Thanksgiving!!!

Good morning, violets... So glad to hear you are home, PamELa!!! Now the losing begins for you!! I've been at Curves for a week, been very good with my eating and haven't lost a pound yet. WTH???? I go for another fill on Dec. 13 and hopefully that will help. I'm getting very frustrated and depressed. But I'm not giving up. I looked at pictures of me from our Alaska trip back when I was 9 months into the band and I looked really good. Now I have gained back almost half of what I lost and have to start all over again.

But it's Thanksgiving and I'm thankful for what the band has done for me and I am SOOOO thankful for having a terrific group of Violets to remind me that it's not about the food, it's about friendship. Love you all!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Good morning, violets... So glad to hear you are home, PamELa!!! Now the losing begins for you!! I've been at Curves for a week, been very good with my eating and haven't lost a pound yet. WTH???? I go for another fill on Dec. 13 and hopefully that will help. I'm getting very frustrated and depressed. But I'm not giving up. I looked at pictures of me from our Alaska trip back when I was 9 months into the band and I looked really good. Now I have gained back almost half of what I lost and have to start all over again.

But it's Thanksgiving and I'm thankful for what the band has done for me and I am SOOOO thankful for having a terrific group of Violets to remind me that it's not about the food, it's about friendship. Love you all!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Cant figure out how to post a post w/o it being a reply and attachedd to someone elses posts.

Had a good night, up and down on the couch. I am supposed to move to full liquids today, but am having trouble. I took some yougart, added protien powder and blended it, but i feel sooo full. I took one small bite and feel stuffed. I am still very gassy...every time I pass gas, I make room...ugg....anywya

hope everyone has a great turkey day! Any black friday shoppers?

be back later.

Pam.. go to the very bottom of the screen to the add reply button. This sure gets some getting used to. Still haven't figured out how to put a picture on my signature.

Sounds like you're doing well. A liquid Thanksgiving for you today. Wish I could do the same!! We're headed to Kris's for dinner. There will be tons of food and temptations. Keep me strong, Lord!!!!

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!!

It really is something to be associated with you girls, Thanks!!!

Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK..thanks Judy! You helped me figure it out!

I am trying to get some Protein in...but 2 small sips and I feel stuffed. We've just watched tv all day and relaxed, between my naps (plural). Susanne put up the xmas tree...I like it! Not used to the fake tree, but am loving having it up on Thanksgiving, instead of waiting for the 15ish.

Judy, loved the pic of the day before w/ the whole gang!

Haydee, enjoy your two holidays! Next year, they can come to your house (and bring food)!

Laura, Jane and Michelle, what were you doing for turkey day?

Waiting for the bloat to pass...wish me luck!

xoox

Well, it certainly was a memorable Thanksgiving day. We had a great time at Kris's. Great food, super fun time with family and friends and then we headed home. We decided to stop at Walmart to pick up some chocolate milk for Ethan. A guy pulled out of the drive and headed into our path. Bob jerked the car to the left to avoid him, but the guy kept coming. We ended up T-boning him. His driver side door was smashed in and the front of our Buick was demolished. Nobody hurt and no air bags deployed. We waited well over an hour while the police dealt with the other driver. They cited him for failure to yield the right of way. Then we waited for another half hour for the police to get to us , check out our papers, take a picture and then send us on our way. The crash wasn't as bad as when I've hit a deer, but bad enough that it will be a while before we get the car back. It's driveable, but not sure the collision place will be open tomorrow with the holiday. At least we are thankful that nobody was hurt.

I did very well with eating today. Didn't overdo and couldn't finish what I put on my plate. Of course Kathy, my friend who has lost over 100# with the band ate literally twice as much as me. I just don't get that!!!

Off to read on the Kindle. No Black Friday shopping for me. I don't want to get near those stores tomorrow.

Everyone have a good night... sleep well.

PamELa.. how much have you lost??

Hi Girls~

Had a much better night. I finally laid down flat on the couch and slept pretty good. I'd been using the recliner and was dying to lay down. Woke up 2x and peed but just got up and it is almost 7! I will take a shower today (first one since Monday, except the whore's bath in the hospital, lol). And we are going to the movies at 10:20! That will probably be my only outing today...but I am ready.

When I got home I was UP 15 LBS!!! I went in at 262, and was 277 when I got home. Everything I read said DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF UNTIL AFTER A WEEK HOME...but I did. I am full of saline and gas still, pee'ing all the time. So, I will weigh again before the shower, but am not counting "a loss" until after I get back to 262. Not really expecting much for a couple of weeks.

Judy, sucks about the car accident...but yes, so glad everyone is ok. Someone died here last night hit by a car...that is so sad!

Have a great day girls!

xoox

Judy, that is terrible about the accident and the car!! I am so glad no one was hurt!! That is a pain with the car, having to fix and be without is a pain!! Since it is the other guys fault maybe you can get a rental car!

Glad you are up and moving Pamela!! Enjoy the movie! Are you going to Burlesque?

I hurt my foot, and not real sure what I did to it, but the right side of my left foot is so sore I can't walk on it, I have to walk on the left side when my foot is on its side. It hurt yesterday, I tripped Wednesday, but didn't think it was bad.......... Hmmm to go to urgent care or not, that is the question. I have to work at Sallys toniight.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

Hi girls~

LOVED Burlesque!!! What a treat! I am a huge long time Christina fan (can't argue, girls got major pipes)...and she was fantastic!

UPDATE: I posted earlier that I was 277 when I came home from hospital. Now I am 263! So now...we are in the losing zone! I just had 3 oz of Protein milk and feel good! WOOHOO! We went through Carls Jr (lovelovelove Carls) for Susanne to get the new chix strips. OMG the smell was wonderful. Earlier I smelled food outside the movie and it made me sick. This made me drool. The milk made it all better! haha...now she is eating marzapam from Germany! jealous for sure!

Good morning, Violets..

Well, the big eating day is over. I have had the turkey carcass simmering in the roaster for a day and tonight we'll have turkey Soup for supper. That will be the last of the leftovers for us. Actually, the only leftovers we really had were some squash and brussel sprouts. Kris kept the rest for the family that stayed with her. We skipped the Christmas parade last night.. It was sooooooo cold and windy. This morning there is snow on the ground and it's 31 degrees. I have the fireplace pumping out heat and we're bundled up in the house. Joe is working and I have Ethan while Bob has a funeral.

I got some shopping done yesterday, but certainly not at 5 a.m.!! Kris, Jami and I went out after lunch and I got some things for the grandkids and for me! I am done shopping for them now. Have to start working on the grown up kids and Bob. We have a cruise booked for Jan. 30 and that will be our big gift to each other. I got him a couple of golfing things on ebay so far.

Miche bags has a diaper bag so I'll go in with Nathan to get that for Kris. The rest of the grown up kids will probably get gift certificates for a dinner out.

Monday the car will go in and I can call the insurance company. We also need to call the plumber. My toilet in my little bathroom has been leaking slowly and we didn't know it and now the flooring is starting to warp. Oh joy.

PamELa...you are going to be a skinny mini in no time!! I hope to get Bob out for a walk at the walking track this afternoon. I did Curves Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but have done nothing the last two days.

Off to fix Breakfast for Ethan. Everyone have a great day!!!

Oh my goodness, Judy, I am so glad that you're both ok!!

Pam, you sound like you're doing great!

Janie, sorry to read about your foot.

TG was good... on Weds I was in the kitchen from 1:30 - 10pm cooking & baking for Thurs... masehd pots, sweet pot casserolle, fresh green bean casserole (not w/soup), from-scratch yeast Parker House rolls, from-scratch cinnamon Buns, French apple pie... hauled it all down to my mom's and it was enjoyed by all. I was "gifted" the turkey carcass, and made Soup yesterday... mmm, it made the house smell sooooo good!

DS & I went into oldtown yesterday morn and had such a good time... much to his excitement (not, lol) we went to the yarn store & their big sale and I purchased the softest baby lama yarn for a vest for him, ++ some other yarn... we walked up & down, saw the Grinch, had a latte, chatted with friends, went in & out of shops to get Xmas ideas, walked through the Cultural Arts Center's wreath exhibit/auction... a very nice mother/son morn.

Came home and I felt a tickle in my throat -- & today I'm SICK! Nose, head, ears popping, sore throat... wah. AND, our heater is not working! So it's 61 in here. I'm bundled up in my bathrobe & 2 quilts on the couch... w/my growing pile of tissues... at least there's nothing I have to do and I can wallow and rest rather that having to power through it like I usually do! DH spent yesterday fiddling w/the heater, and finally called someone... he came out and fiddled w/it some more... then told us we'd need a new control board for $400, but he couldn't get it 'til next week... & of course a cold snap hit last night!

Off to resume my position on the couch... everyone have a good day... be safe!!

Morning girls~

Jane, how is the foot? Did you go to the doc? I think if you get quick medical attention you might prevent more trouble later. I am on stage 3 liquids (full) at least until Thursday. Creamy Soups, Protein Shakes, pudding. Works for me. I like the 4 oz of soup...perfect fill. I need to drink more, but you know how that goes.

DRUMROLL: 260 this am!!!:Banane05::Banane10::Banane14::Banane16::Banane20: WAIT...DOES THAT 4TH banana HAVE A BONER? hahaha

Michelle, sorry you are sick. But at least you have all that work behind you and you can be sick on the couch now, and not stuck in a kitchen.

Off to make a shake. I made cinnamon rolls for Susanne this morning and the house smells great!

Have a great day!

xoxo