Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Hope you are having fun Judy, be safe driving back!

Was Shakira fun?

By the way Laura is it sweatshirt weather?

I should be in bed. Work both places tomorrow, worked both places today, and found out the manager has me scheduled to work four Sundays in a row? Hmmmmm... Uh oh, here I go complaining again, sorry......

Anyways, I hope all has a great weekend, it is supposed to be a glorious one here. Sun, 90ish beautiful!! That goodness for windows!!

Speaking of windows, did your cold go away Pamela???

I used to leave my computer on 24/7 now I turn it off after I use it because of the funny noise it makes, I hope it turns back on every time!!

Hi Girls~

I am still fighting this cold...more like a half of cold, really bad sore throat and feel shitty...but nothing really else to note.

We went to Billy's for breaky (funny...you all know that place now) and ran a few errands. We had to pick up Oscar, Stef's dog to come over until tomorrow. He LOVES the new place and is busy checking everything out.

Tomorrow I officially join the church. I am excited to do it...but it has been such a busy week, wish I felt better.

I had my psych eval Thursday sooooo just waiting to get final approval for the gb surgery. Ready, but am still waiting until it is a fo' sho' thing before I get toooo excited. I was prequal'd before...soooo just need the last step.

Jane, hope your puter issues are resolved. I turn mine off at night, but usually leave it on during the day when I am home.

Michelle, congrats to ds on doing great at the games. GOOD LUCK ON THE SAT's...I think you said he takes them today. I was hungover for my SAT's and I turned out ok!!!haha (or did I???:))

Judy, I hope you and the Bobster dance the night away at the wedding! have fun, and feel better (I think we have the same cold).

Laura, soooo does C know about B or M? I bet your mom is so excited. Glad you are rockin' the PS sweatshirts...must be cold there!

Haydee, how was the concert? She is coming here, but I can't (wont) afford it! Send pix of the nursery soon!

OK...off to chillax, watch my soaps and do this and that!

oxoxoxox

DS said the SAT wasn't as bad as I made it out to be... of course, I was trying to scare him into actually prepping for them... see how well that worked for me? :)

His new girl "friend" is here for the first time... turns out her family is Disney-crazy, too! We just spent a lively hour discussing our trips and fav rides, funny stories. Guess she can stay.

I'm 1/2way through making a supposedly "easy" recipe for homemade, from scratch, cinnamon buns... we'll see... I'm trying them out as a test run before I make them for dd's b'day sleepover morning in a couple weeks. 10 horse-loving girls. Need lots.

I'm starting a sweater vest for dd for Christmas. The yarn arrived the other day, and I've gathered all the needles and such... now just have to roll the yarn & jump in! It's been YEARS, many many years, since I've knit an item of clothing... too many things can go wrong w/sizing... so nervous!

Guess that's all the latest from here. Hugs to all!

Where do you order your yarn from Michelle? I am surprised you don't have a place there where you live!

I see on Facebook Judy has a cold, hope you are feeling better!!! Same goes for you Pamela!!

I LOVE CINNAMON ROLLS THEY ARE MY FAVORITE!!!

Good morning, Violets..

Leaving for home in a little bit. Feeling like SHIT... yes, I said it.

I went to the wedding and a get together at BIL's house afterwards, but chose not to go to the reception. I slept from 6 last night to this morning and still feel awful. Nose it plugged and coughing. Should be just a peachy keen 8 hour ride home. Hoping for more sleep. I'm really worried because I have a singing concert in one week and I have several solos... arghhhhhhhhhh I'm going to be pampering and medicating myself all week in hopes I beat this thing in time.

Morning gilrs~

the cold finally got me (I hope this is the finally got me part) and I feel sick! uuuugggg...hate it!

Judy feel better.

If i didn't get inducted into the church today, I was completely skip it, but it is important to me.

xooxox

Oh dear, all you girls and your colds. Hope you heal quickly!

Pam, Happy Induction Day! :D

There are a few yarn shops locally, but it was just easier to order online.

The cinnamon Buns came out o-kay... not great... still have 1/2 the dough in the 'frig to try again... probably tonight I'll make them and then freeze them to bake next weekend... definitely have some things to tweak. Which is why I'm experimenting. My family likes it when I experiment with food!

Wish me luck and PATIENCE today -- am taking DD Fall/Winter clothes shopping! :) These trips are either good or bad -- no inbetween. Cross you fingers. And toes! Seriously, shopping w/a pre-teen when things don't go well is like hell on earth! See what fun you have to look forward to, Haydee??

Enjoy the day!

Hope you feel better Pam, I just got over a bad cold from last week.. I still have a cough and wheezing, but I have an inhaler so I'm surviving.

It was 'cold' out for about 4 days, back to hot now.

Russ is helping his mom setup for a horseshow that is in town here, they'll be here all week.

I'm trying to knock out painting the last 2 walls of the nursery before I go get Carson back from my mom.

PAINTING IS SO HARD. I swear they mixed this batch bad too, I've never had so much trouble. I'm going to have to go back and re-trim all of the walls I've done, because it peeled off. :)

I'm taking a breather, I'm all sweaty and gross.

Yesterday when we dropped C off, he was so excited to go see the geese (he feeds them at my parent's house).

So we went out, and there was a goose that had one of those big 4-hook lures stuck in 4 spots in his leg. 2 in his foot 2 in the upper leg, so it was ripped to shreds and infected.

We somehow caught it (3 loaves of bread, cat cage and gloves).

Then we called emergency vets, no one would take a bird, which I thought was weird. I eat duck, and we didn't want to rehabilitate him, we just knew he was going to die a slow painful death, so trying to find somewhere to put it down.

They kept saying call Animal wildlife.. we called them, voicemail. Called animal control which is really just our cops, got a voicemail, so called the police station. Someone came right out, and he's like "I don't know what to do with a goose.. I normally just kill snakes, capture dogs, etc.". He told us to call some emergency vet (which we already called and they said no). So he called animal control guy which was off duty (PAINTING heh). He came by, and he had called the wildlife, who said they're not allowed to do anything about migratory birds (which this was, a wild canadian goose). But on her own accord, she would come out and remove the hooks if we'd hold it down. It still would end up dying, it's leg was messed up bad and infected. But it's a start, then the animal control guy called her back and said it really can't be 'saved'... so the cop and him decided to take it in their truck.... then they came back and said they're going to discharge their firearm, so they needed to make a police report.. so we did. They ended up killing it... that's all we were trying to do, be humane to the poor goose! It took several hours to get this resolved.

Then wildlife called me back and was like "I'm so sorry for your loss, he was too far gone, you did everything you could"... it's all I could do not to laugh. I EAT DUCKS. I just didn't want it suffering! But I'm like yeah I know, it was his time... heh.

Pamela, I hope you replenished your kleenex stock!!! Hope all feel better!!

Laura, too funny, I eat duck.... Really what happened to Travis or Trit?

Haydee weren't you going to Mexico to see cathedrals right after are CA trip?

Do you put raisins in your cinn rolls Michelle?

A relatively "easy" day today... not much running around! Just work work work, bake Cookies for tonight's event, make the other batch of cinn rolls & freeze, LAUNDRY!, then dinner (jambalaya) & to the HS "Academic Excellence" Night, where ds is receiving an award for last year's work. Home, knit (I started dd's vest!), bed!

No, no raisins. Just layers of ooey gooey cinnamony goodness.

Make it a great day!

No, no raisins. Just layers of ooey gooey cinnamony goodness.

PERFECT!

So they turned out good then? Where's this recipe? It sounds bandster friendly, since it doesn't have evil raisins in it. :puke:

PERFECT!

So they turned out good then? Where's this recipe? It sounds bandster friendly, since it doesn't have evil raisins in it. :laugh:

No, not quite perfect yet... am still tweaking & experimenting... will post the recipe when it's "done"! It's band-friendly for me... warm w/hot coffee... slides right down! Mmmmmm.

Good morning, Violets..

I'm starting to feel a little more human today. The cough is loosening up and my nose is not as stuffed. Ethan and I are going to go visit Grady today for the afternoon. I have singing rehearsal tonight. I'm going because we have a concert on Sunday, but won't be singing much. I'll mainly be listening and critiquing.

Joe is going out to apply at different places in town. He has his old job back, but if he can get something a little more dependable, it will help. He and Jen are going to go to marriage counseling. If things don't improve before January then they will be looking at divorce. sighhhhhhhh Can't say I'm surprised, but still disappointed. Looks like I'm going to be raising a little boy... not like I haven't already! At least it's going to be a mutual decision and not one that will break Joe's heart. He's being very mature about it.

Off to get ready to head to Kris's. Hope everyone has a good day.

LPOh judy, so sorry to hear about joe and jen. Hopefully counseling works, at least enough for them to be able to do whats best for ethan...

Laura, im so sorry about your loss... lol... I'm cracking up over here. I mean I feel so so bad for that poor little creature that had to suffer but its still hard not to chuckle at the responses from the cops...

The concert was amazing. dinner was great, so delicious. I did end up wearing heels. Everyone else dressed to the nines, I didn't want to feel dowdy. And they didn't even hurt actually. But everyone coddled me so that helped too. They dropped us off right in front of the restaurant. And then for the concert again they let us off right in front and they went and parked.

Jane, yes we leave for mexico city on friday. I'll be there five days. I'm so excited! I've always wanted to go.

I'm doing my gestational diabetes test today. Wish me luck that I'm ok... I don't want to quit eating pasta! Wha...