Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Finally turned my heat on, it is 30 degrees outside right now, I am so not motivated to go to work!!

Hope all is good in the Judy and Michelle household, and everyone else's!!

Have a great weekend!!

Good morning, Violets..

All is well here in the frozen north. 27 degrees here and I turned the furnace up to 66 in the house. We keep it at 64 at night. brrrrrrr....

Kris is doing fine today.. I have a concert at 2 and then we are going out there for dinner tonight. I am making chocolate chip Cookies for the reception for our new interim pastor which will be after church tomorrow. He arrives in town this afternoon. I can't wait to hear his sermon tomorrow. I am singing a solo tomorrow... a golden oldie.. They Will Know We are Christians by our Love. The words are so appropriate for our congregation right now.

We leave after church tomorrow to head to Detroit so we can fly out Monday morning to Florida. Not sure if I will have access to a computer, but I'll catch up on everything (including the countdown) when I get back. I'm not going to start a countdown for our new baby until I know things are ok.

Off to get cookies out of the oven and put more in. Ahhhh the temptation!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!

Good Saturday morn, everyone!

DS is doing ok... bad bruising and swelling... + a big cleat gash... sometimes I really wish they'd wear more than just shin guards as protection (not that the shin guard guarded anything yesterday!). He's taking it easy, keeping his leg up & iced & he's got prescription Tylenol for the pain. He's gotten inundated with texts, e-mails, calls, and even a card... even parents and teachers are calling to check on him... so nice. We (only half-jokingly) asked him when the girls were going to start showing up with baked goods! I'd be surprised if at least one didn't...

And me? In between nurse-maid duties, I'm working today. I'm motivated to finish this chapter, because then I'm going to sit by the roaring fire and relax and knit... so the sooner I'm done, the sooner I can do that!

Everyone have a great day and JUDY... have a great trip to warm & wonderful Florida!! Jealous!

Good morning girls!

Home from the gym and ate 3 Oreos?????:thumbup::eek: Oh well!

It is PRIDE weekend here! Doing some this and that today, then making EVIL tonight for the Rock Band party. I texted Laura, not sure if she responded yet, but I'll put it out here...do I double the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla or just the cream cheese? Remember when we made it, we talked about it was supposed to be doubled.

Skipping church tomorrow...most of the congregation is marching in the parade...so we are going downtown to sit in front of Rob and Charles' shop! We don't even need chairs, they have it for us!

PLEASE TEXT ME ABOUT THE EVIL!

xoxooxox

I have never made evil so I don't know, I do vaguely remember that convo. I think I remember liking yours better because it didn't have as much cream cheese.

We are going to dinner tonight for parents anniversary, so I am home and it feels odd, I left work a bit early because I was so slow. Going to take a bit of a nap and hope my headache lessens.

Hope everyones weekend is going great and have fun in Florida Judy!!!

Pam I didn't get a text??? You double the cream cheese, everything else remains the same.

It's almost 2am and Carson is at my parent's and some reason I woke up an hour ago wide awake....

I think I forgot to tell you, on the 1st my sister checked into a 90-day rehab in Destin, FL. It's on the beach, sounds really fabulous actually heh heh. She hasn't been doing drugs lately, well besides Rx, but they Rx her the things she abused so I don't understand that... but it's a dual diagnostic, also addresses mental problems. She's been in a bad place and cutting very bad lately. I always thought after her small rehab stays she should go to a sober living house, instead of going right back to her lifestyle, so hopefully this will be helpful that she's going to be in a good environment for 3 months instead of 7-10 days.

Morning girls~

LOL, I wonder who got the text? That is funny. I increased the cream cheese by 1/2, added a bit more sugar and vanilla. I THINK it was a hit, haha. I didn't have any again. The last 4 or 5 batches I made, I didn't have any. I think cause I lick the fork and spatula, so I have my taste that way. BUT EVERYONE LOVED IT! There were 3 EVIL virgins who are now officially hooked!

We are up early today and going to the parade! Then home to chill, grade papers (Walden papers again :smile2:) and watch football!

HAVE A GREAT DAY GIRLS!

oxxo

Well here it is Sunday! I got an extra hours sleep, and I am off. I am happy!!!

We had a really nice family dinner last night, I wish we would have gotten a family pic. My BIL did take a few random shots, but that was it.

Off to a movie and dinner with a friend.

Have a great day!!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

we're heading out in a little bit to Detroit and then flying out in the morning. will check in when I can. Everyone have a good week!!

Enjoying the rare lazy Sunday!

We've lived here for 12 years, and did something for the first time today -- went to the fire hall breakfast! It was packed! And yummy! We chatted w/nice old folks @ our table. They say it's the first Sunday of each month... who knew?

Made a batch of corn chowder & cinnamon buns... odd combo, but there you are.

Otherwise, just this & that... nothing I HAVE to do... sitting by the fire, making lists, reading the paper, sipping coffee, watching football, knitting... LOVE IT!!!

Kids had NO activities today! :)

I love the extra hour time change... but we get hungry for dinner & tired for bed too early! Funny.

Pam, your weekend sounded fun!

Janie, wow, congrats to your mom & dad!

Judy, HAVE FUN!

Laura, good for her! Best wishes.

Hi Haydee!!

Time to go have a "hand check" on ds & his gf... they're in the playroom watching a movie... uh huh... :smile2:

Judy, Bon Voyage and safe travels!

Laura, I think that is great about L! This may be exactly what she needs. I'll send some purple power and positive energy her way.

Jane, glad you are enjoying your well deserved day off...what'cha gonna see?

Michelle, your meal combo sounds good, really! Enjoy your lazy Sunday!

I just finished Room...what a great read! Judy, what did you think about Freedom? I just downloaded The Corrections by the same author, Jonathan Franzen.

Anyone got some good book suggestions?

xooxox

Well, I didn't end up going to a movie, Laura had a wake she had to go to, so we just did dinner. Was kind of looking forward to a movie today, but no real big deal.

I went to the store and bought a new vacuum, and various household goods. Not real exciting, but something I needed to do, so the day wasn't wasted.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Michelle, how is your sons leg? What about yours?

Laura that is good about your sister, I hope it really helps and makes her better!!

No books here, I haven't read since I have worked these two jobs. How did the pride day go Pamela?