Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Daniel Huacuz He Is Inamed Certified

you are right . i shouldnt make jokes. its just i get tired of people assuming i go to him because he is hot and charming. im very pretty and i have people tell me everyday that im beautiful, i dont think i have a low self esteem, yes i do like that dr. huacuz is a flirt. he is almost as bad as me. i enjoy to laugh with him and i flirt terrible with him and his driver and the hotel bell boy and almost all the gorgeous men in tj. i cant help myself , but, i think you have every right to tell people what you know. i can only say what i know from my experiences . i think dr.huacuz is funny and likes to make women feel good about themselves. but underneath that he is a very commited doctor. i hope that the things you say never happen again.

I think you just explained yourself why people might over look some not so nice qualities about a doc if a doc is as "friendly" as what you explained do you not think these docs know Obese woman dont have low self esteems ? do you not think that these docs do not know that a little sweet talk can get them a long way ???? Just my input .

:scared2:

mindy

After the issues with Adrienne Dr. Huacuz did a seminar in Florida. He was talking to someone there and claimed he had no complications whatsoever. None. What about Adrienne? What about all the infections? What about his own (previous) coordinators erosion? What about the misplaced bands? He lied to this gal. I'll PM her and see if she will come over and tell you for herself what he told people at the seminar in FL.

Hello everyone. I am the one that attended the siminar in Florida. I first want to say congradulations to all those that have had good weight loss results and are feeling and looking better because of the band. I am very excited about getting my band NEXT MONTH!

I have been looking into getting a band for about 2 years. I have looked at several different Doctors and finally have made my decision after doing MY OWN RESEARCH. I asked Huacuz at the seminar if he had any complications or infections from ANY surgery that he has done and He looked me in the face and said NO. After the seminar I continued with my research and was asking questions that led me to Adrien's story. I decided not to go to Huacuz any more because I think if he has had complications people have the right to know. I derserve the truth from the person that will be cutting my belly open. I have to trust this person with my life. We deserve the truth.

Before making my decision with the Doctor that will be doing my surgery I asked one of his assistants "Has Dr so in so had any complications or deaths or infections??" I was told the truth! I knew it was the truth because I knew the answer before I asked the question. Therefore I beleive the Doctor that I chose has nothing to hide.

There is a wealth of information out there about Mexican lapband Doctors. If your at a loss of were to look or even know what your looking for Wasabubblebutt has a great link on how to reasearch a mexican doctor. Even before I knew wasabubblebutt I looked at this link and it was really helpful to me.

Keep researching!

May God Bless you all and lead you to a Heathier Happier Life!

Dawna

I was staying at the Huacuz Surgical Center when this patient was going through some of this. She started having problems when she did not follow instructions by swallowing an anti-acid instead of letting it disolve and this tore open her stomach. She admitted that to me the night that it happened. She had her surgery done on Monday and I arrived with my best friend and her husband who was having a sleeve gastrectomy that night. She came in several times and told my friend how wonderful she thought Dr. Huacuz was and that she had never experienced such care like she had received there. The day before she was scheduled to leave she swallowed the anti-acid and started having problems. The doctor took her back to surgery to repair the tear. From then on she started having problems. The tissue is very soft after surgery with the sleeve and if it is torn open before it heals and you have to go back in and repair the tear sometimes it does hold. I have been in Dr. Huacuz's facility many times and it is a hospital to me or surgical facility. It is very clean. The operating room is state of the art. His whole staff is wonderful and so he is. You made the comment that says sweet things to patients that make them feel special. I am a very confident person and always have been even before I lost l00 lbs. with the Lap Band and have always been very independent, but it still feels good when someone gives you special attention. I have referred 20 people to Dr. Huacuz, 2 vertical sleeves and the other 18 were Lap Band and none of them have had any problems and have nothing but great things to say about him. I have never been to a more caring doctor than Dr. Huacuz.

It sounds like you are working for Dr. Acheves. It also sounds like you are Mexican because you spell with, whit and this is very common in Mexico. I have never seen a person that is trying so hard to make a person like Dr. Huacuz sound like such a bad doctor and I know from my own personal experience that he is not. I have never seen so many post from one person as you have posted. Is this all you do is live on Lap Band talk? Get a life

First off who are you addressing ? Second lets not personally attack people on the boards .

I am not sure how after 29 posts you can get a feel for who is doing what on the boards ?

Mindy

I was banded 9/20/07 by Dr. Huacuz and I honestly do not think anything could have gone better. He never told me he did not have 0% complication rate. I spoke with him on the phone about this before I went and also when I was waiting on the surgery. As far as him working all day at another hospital and then doing surgery, it certainly was not the case the day I was there. The driver had us there by 11:00 and he was in the lobby when we walked in, he came back to show us the band and answer any questions around 2:00 and then I was in sugery about 4:30 so there is no way he was at another place working. There was a mother/daughter there when we were and the daughter had surgery the year before and brought her mother to him to have surgery and that said a lot to me. I had his cell phone number for 24 hour access and I have used it at 1:00 am when I got home, he answered right off, told me what to do, then told me to call him in 1 hour and I fell asleep so I did not call him back but he called me the very next morning to see how I was. I know that every doctor has horror stories and nobody is perfect, but I would not hesitate to refer anyone to him and I have no problem going to him for plastic surgery because I have seen his work and I thought it was a mighty fine job. He may not be a plastic surgeon but I have seen surgery by plastic surgeons that were not as well as his. I think there are people one here that believe their doctor is the only doctor and I am glad they were pleased with their doctor but I too am pleased with mine. I also think there are people on here that just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Bottom line do your research and chose who you feel is best for you. Take all comments good and bad with a grain of salt. Good Luck with banding.

I was staying at the Huacuz Surgical Center when this patient was going through some of this. She started having problems when she did not follow instructions by swallowing an anti-acid instead of letting it disolve and this tore open her stomach. She admitted that to me the night that it happened. She had her surgery done on Monday and I arrived with my best friend and her husband who was having a sleeve gastrectomy that night. She came in several times and told my friend how wonderful she thought Dr. Huacuz was and that she had never experienced such care like she had received there. The day before she was scheduled to leave she swallowed the anti-acid and started having problems. The doctor took her back to surgery to repair the tear. From then on she started having problems. The tissue is very soft after surgery with the sleeve and if it is torn open before it heals and you have to go back in and repair the tear sometimes it does hold. I have been in Dr. Huacuz's facility many times and it is a hospital to me or surgical facility. It is very clean. The operating room is state of the art. His whole staff is wonderful and so he is. You made the comment that says sweet things to patients that make them feel special. I am a very confident person and always have been even before I lost l00 lbs. with the Lap Band and have always been very independent, but it still feels good when someone gives you special attention. I have referred 20 people to Dr. Huacuz, 2 vertical sleeves and the other 18 were Lap Band and none of them have had any problems and have nothing but great things to say about him. I have never been to a more caring doctor than Dr. Huacuz.

I was there I swallowed the pill but I did not cause the leak nor was I responsible for being so sick and put into the ICU for three and a half weeks and almost dying. It is very convenient to blame the patient for a leak...I have been told over and over that it was not the pill that tore that hole open, it was already there. One of the rules of this board, the first one in fact is that you relay your own experiences, not heresay...so here I am...defending myself. If anyone wants to ask me a question and get an HONEST answer regarding MY OWN LEAK EXPERIENCE, please feel free to ask away.

Okay, first of all swallowing a tablet is not going to cause a leak. Even if it was to cause a leak, why would a doctor give a tablet to a patient who wasn't supposed to swallow them? When I was in the hospital any meds we were given were liquid or they crushed the tablet before giving it to us. This is basic nursing 101. Don't give the patients things they aren't supposed to have.

The leak would happen from pressure from food that is heavy, heavy enough to cause pressure along the weakest point of the staple line and rip tissue. A tablet is not going to do that. It just isn't. If sips of Water won't do it, a tablet won't either.

I'm quite sure Adrienne did feel she was getting good care in the beginning, the infection hadn't kicked in and she wasn't critically ill at that point. She didn't know she had a leak, a pending infection, a stomach that couldn't be sewn up at that point, people weren't talking her into staying instead of going to a fully equipped hospital, and nobody was writing harassing comments on her OH blog, either. (ahem)

It sounds like you are working for Dr. Acheves. It also sounds like you are Mexican because you spell with, whit and this is very common in Mexico. I have never seen a person that is trying so hard to make a person like Dr. Huacuz sound like such a bad doctor and I know from my own personal experience that he is not. I have never seen so many post from one person as you have posted. Is this all you do is live on Lap Band talk? Get a life

How does it sound like I work for Dr. Aceves? I don't push him, matter of fact I don't even discuss him unless asked. I do push research but if you look through my posts you'll see that I also say Rumbaut is just as good as Aceves. Rodriguez (Jose) is okay as well. Zapata is good. I say positive things about all four of them. Please, feel free to explain how this means I work for Aceves. I think if I worked for Aceves while telling people Rumbaut is just as good I might get fired, don't you think?

Who wrote the following, Eureta?

I have referred 20 people to Dr. Huacuz, 2 vertical sleeves and the other 18 were Lap Band
Ohhhh, that would be you, wouldn't it?

You have referred 18 bands and 2 sleeves to Huacuz. I have referred 4 of my personal friends to Aceves. Who is the coordinator here?

Didn't you actually tell DawnaT that you are a coordinator for Huacuz?

Gotta love the almighty dollar. You keep sending people to Huacuz, k?

I don't spell "with" as "whit", those posts were from your boss, not me. I'm not Mexican, I'm German. However, I have met a great many people from this board in real time. Would you like references to determine my skin color? As if it matters?

I don't have to work hard to show Huacuz is bad, his coordinators and his past patients do a pretty good job of that themselves.

BTW, how is that infection? You know, the one you got from the Huacuz clinic after your own plastic surgery? Wasn't it you that was there for a month due to infection?

I hope you are feeling better.

I was there I swallowed the pill but I did not cause the leak nor was I responsible for being so sick and put into the ICU for three and a half weeks and almost dying. It is very convenient to blame the patient for a leak...I have been told over and over that it was not the pill that tore that hole open, it was already there. One of the rules of this board, the first one in fact is that you relay your own experiences, not heresay...so here I am...defending myself. If anyone wants to ask me a question and get an HONEST answer regarding MY OWN LEAK EXPERIENCE, please feel free to ask away.

It's good to see you here.

(((HUGS)))

It has never been a money issue with me. The people that I have referred to him have been friends and family. They had surgery with him because of me and the experience that I had there. If I added up the amount of times that I have been there with my friends and paid for my own expenses, it has cost me money. However, this does not matter to me because I feel like I am giving someone else the opportunity to take back their life by loosing weight and having a great experience with Dr. Huacuz at the same time.

If I added up the amount of times that I have been there with my friends and paid for my own expenses, it has cost me money.

So you do get paid for it. That IS a patient coordinator. I don't even know 20 people that are friends or family that are obese, wanting surgery, wanting surgery in Mexico, and wanting surgery in Mexico by Dr. Huacuz.

Is DawnaT a friend or family member? Which group does she fall within?

You get paid for sending 20 people to Huacuz and you have the nerve to suggest that since I have referred four of my own personal friends to Dr. Aceves *I* am the patient coordinator?

If I had friends or family that were wanting surgery by my doctor I have to say, I'd rather they get a bit of a break on the surgery by not charging them my commission. But hey, that's just me. We all need an income one way or another.

I've always felt that those standing there pointing fingers at the rest of the world claiming everyone "else" does "X" behavior, well I believe the correct term here is projection.

Back to the basics, Eureta, I am not Mexican (not that it should matter), I am not a coordinator, I do not get paid for suggesting that Dr. Aceves or Rumbaut are my two picks for surgeons in Mexico, I do not get paid by Dr. Aceves for suggesting that Jose Rodriguez or Zapata are also good surgeons, I am not evil for telling the good and the bad about doctors, I do know how to spell "with", yes I post a lot, and you'll just have to find a way to deal with it all.

I do think it's kinda funny that you best shot at a slam is by referring to me, of all people, as a patient coordinator. I mean... all things considered.

It's good to see you here.

(((HUGS)))

Yes it is good to see you here !

Mindy

Just to piggyback on Wasa's post...

I am fat, I have been fat my whole life (as far back as I can remember). Being fat I have many friends who are also overweight...

I cannot possibly think of TWENTY friends, let alone twenty acquiantances that I know who I could send to get the band!!!!

Twenty referrals? Yep, I know who's the coordinator in this thread and it isn't Wasa...