Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Daniel Huacuz He Is Inamed Certified

I met WASA on this board before I had my surgery and was trying to find a decently priced GOOD surgeon and was speaking with WASA about it. By the way, I contacted her, she did not contact me. We spoke for hours, several times, and NOT ONCE did she EVER try to push me to go to her doctor. She helped me research the best doctor for ME, which was in the states, not Mexico.

I asked her about her doctor and she gave me her opinion but told me I needed to do my own research and find the right doctor for me. She never tried to encourage or coerce me in any way.

WASA truly cared about me and my well-being with NO STRINGS ATTACHED. She is a wonderful, caring person and wants to see what its best for people who are really trying to change their lives. If indeed she was a patient coordinator, then she sure isn't doing a very good job trying to get people to use "her" doctor. Which by the way, I researched Dr. Aceves and he is a fantastic doctor. I would use him in a NY minute. I chose to have my surgery in the USA, but not because I felt I would get inadequate care in another country.

I speak to WASA often and I ASSURE YOU she's not Mexican and she cares about what she does. She puts up with a LOT of crap, harrassment and threats from people as well as other " Professional" people for FREE ! :cursing: We Love ya Wasa

Mindy

Just to piggyback on Wasa's post...

I am fat, I have been fat my whole life (as far back as I can remember). Being fat I have many friends who are also overweight...

I cannot possibly think of TWENTY friends, let alone twenty acquiantances that I know who I could send to get the band!!!!

quote]

I too have been fat all my life and since I have a HUGE (literally) family (72 first cousins) most of whom are over weight it is entirely possible for someone to refer 20 people. I also have at least 30 friends/associates who are in the morbid obese range. Yes, I hang out with other fat chicks in social situations (bowling, dancing, picnics, karaoke). When they saw my results they wanted to know who did my work, where it was done and who did it. Up until that time only my closest friends knew about my surgery. I have been happy to refer all who ask to Dr. Huacuz. You see just because I was huge did not mean I was a shrinking violet, devoid of self respect or friendless.

Arealsweety

I too have been fat all my life and since I have a HUGE (literally) family (72 first cousins) most of whom are over weight it is entirely possible for someone to refer 20 people. I also have at least 30 friends/associates who are in the morbid obese range. Yes, I hang out with other fat chicks in social situations (bowling, dancing, picnics, karaoke). When they saw my results they wanted to know who did my work, where it was done and who did it. Up until that time only my closest friends knew about my surgery. I have been happy to refer all who ask to Dr. Huacuz. You see just because I was huge did not mean I was a shrinking violet, devoid of self respect or friendless.

Arealsweety

While I appreciate where you are coming from, Eurita (aka sistergirl, just changed her name) has already admitted she is a patient coordinator to DawnaT and she gets paid for referrals.

Perhaps we should ask DawnaT if she falls into the "friends" or "family" categories?

She also claims Dr. Huacuz' clinic "seems" like a hospital or surgical center. A hospital and surgical center are not one in the same. A hospital, as advertised by Dr. Huacuz typically has a blood bank, ICU, maybe an emergency room, a pharmacy, etc. A surgery center might have a pharmacy but not the others.

My issue is not that he has a clinic, many in Mexico do. We have surgery centers in the US. My issue is the deception in referring to a clinic as a hospital. It gives people the impression that it is something it is not.

Just like the deception of hiding facts, paying off patients to not post, claiming/allowing the patient to believe it is the patient's fault for causing her own sleeve leak, claiming complication stats are zero, claiming he has the best stats in Mexico, posing as patients while praising himself on several boards.... the list is endless.

Those things are just simply wrong.

first off i want to say that i am no way being paid or work for dr h. i just want to share my experience.

i have a friend who was banded by dr h. she was banded in dec 06. i was banded oct 07. her best friend, the friend's sister, and the friends' dad were all banded by dr h. after seeing their success, i wanted it done too! it was my light at the end of the tunnell.

i was very nervous about going to mexico to begin with. my mom went with me and we had a pact that if either of were uncomfortable, we would leave. i had read some posts here about dr h, both good and bad. i decided to go ahead, mainly because of my friends success and those she knew.

i have had no problems, no infections, and things are working well. i know i would lose more/faster if i were making better decisions, but that is on me, not the doc.

i thought i would address some things that people have said here with my own opinion/experience.

-yes, the doctor is nice looking. i didnt fall all over myself like many talk about. maybe just not my cup of tea. i have a hard time understanding why his looks even matter!

-yes, he did that flirty, complimenting thing. kinda bugged me, seemed weird, but whatever.

-his staff/ the nurses were nice. did their job's. at times the language difference made things weird for me. but hey, i was in mexico, i should have learned some spanish.

-he never claimed the no problems thing with me. but i cant say if i full out asked either, i dont remember, so i dont think i probably did. my bad. boy have i learned a few things i should have done more research about!

-now this is my personal opinion, and if i offend the couple people that i am gonna talk about, and if i am wrong, i am sorry. but, when i posted about going to him i was contacted by a few people here that just praised him and went and on and on. it made me feel so much better. now that i look back, and have learned more, i think maybe they work for him? but again, that is my opinion.

-his "hospital" is not a hospital. definately agree with it is just a clinic and should be referred to as such. that said, it was nice. the accommadations made for my mother were great. she stayed in my room, was treated very well, and was even included in meals that were cooked there. it was very nice that she didnt have to go out in a strange city looking for food and such. dr h took us to find a rosary we wanted to get for my grandma himself, which i thought was nice.

-the day i left things seemed unorganized somewhat. i didnt have a presciption ready for pain killers to take with me. that bugged me. i wasnt given anything other then baby tylenol. i really didnt need it much, but a few days after i had been home i overdid things when i felt better and was glad i had a presciption from something else.

-either dr h or a member of his staff have contacted me here and there to check on my progress. i get emails occassionaly. at one time i had thought i would go back for plastics when i needed it. but the more i research it, i dont think so. not because of any one thing particular, just because.

-my fill doctor here in the states said everythign is great. good placement, good everything.

so i hope that helps. if anyone wants any more info or to double check i am who i am, please pm me and i will share more.

something i wanted to say about his clinic, but forgot....

things are definately different then here in the states. i suppose this is probably normal? like i have mentioned, my research wasnt all that. the operating room had far less equipment then any operating room i have been in here at home (and i have had a few!). everything seemed sanitary and everything, just different. am i making sense? i dont even know what i am trying to get across here. i just didnt want to seem like i was like, oh hum, it was nice, the flowers were pretty...twirl my hair around my fingers...., ya know what i mean?

and it does seem strange to me how much his looks and charisma are pushed. i would rather he have 10 warts on his nose and be a competent doctor, ya know? after learning some things, i am just glad that i have not had any problems. i am also not saying that i think he is a bad doctor, its not that all. i like him, he did a good job for me.

like wasa promotes...do your research!

Want So Bad...

I have to say, that is about the most balanced post I have ever seen regarding Dr. Huacuz.

You show you have no complications, no problems. Things went well. You also explain what you did not care for.

Very fair. Thanks!

RememberMe:

Ok...lets get it clear...if you knew 20 people personally why would you need this website?

Gastric Lap Band Surgery Surgery in Mexico Bariatric Surgical Clinic, Lap Band Surgeons

Be sure to click on "About Us"

Well that clears things up now, doesn't it? :mad:

Ok...lets get it clear...if you knew 20 people personally why would you need this website?

Gastric Lap Band Surgery Surgery in Mexico Bariatric Surgical Clinic, Lap Band Surgeons

Be sure to click on "About Us"

homer.jpg

Mindy

We have talked on the phone about Huacuz and I asked if he had any complications and you told me no. Then I went on to talk about Adrien (didn't know hwer name at the time) and then you had told me your side of the story and being there. I do think you have good intentions for people loosing weight. You were not making any money off of me, and you did take the time to answer alot of my questions so thank you for that.I think you are in it to help people as well as make some cash on the side. If anyone asks if Huacuz has had any complications just say yes. Cause it's the truth. Huacuz does have a shady past he does not have a good reputaion in alot of cases. There are people that swear by him and there are people that have almost died. Please make that known to all that inquire about him. Let them make thier decision on facts.

I once knew a patient coordinator who was representing a doctor that had done her surgery. She said he was wonderful, and that she has sent alot of people she had known to him. Then a certain situation come up where a patient had a complication and I remember her calling me on the phone and telling me the story and how she was shocked at how he handled it. She said she could no longer represent this Doctor becuse of how he handled the situation, but she wanted me to know what had happened.

I am hopeful that if you ever were to have any doubts about Huacuz's abilities that you would put the safety of the patients first and foremost. Even if he has done a wonderful job with you.

We have talked on the phone about Huacuz and I asked if he had any complications and you told me no. Then I went on to talk about Adrien (didn't know hwer name at the time) and then you had told me your side of the story and being there. I do think you have good intentions for people loosing weight. You were not making any money off of me, and you did take the time to answer alot of my questions so thank you for that.I think you are in it to help people as well as make some cash on the side. If anyone asks if Huacuz has had any complications just say yes. Cause it's the truth. Huacuz does have a shady past he does not have a good reputaion in alot of cases. There are people that swear by him and there are people that have almost died. Please make that known to all that inquire about him. Let them make thier decision on facts.

I once knew a patient coordinator who was representing a doctor that had done her surgery. She said he was wonderful, and that she has sent alot of people she had known to him. Then a certain situation come up where a patient had a complication and I remember her calling me on the phone and telling me the story and how she was shocked at how he handled it. She said she could no longer represent this Doctor becuse of how he handled the situation, but she wanted me to know what had happened.

I am hopeful that if you ever were to have any doubts about Huacuz's abilities that you would put the safety of the patients first and foremost. Even if he has done a wonderful job with you.

Thanks for explaining this, Dawna. It's a horror what some people will do to make a buck.

i HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCY WITH DR. hAUCUZ AND NOW I NEED TO REMOVE OR FIX MY BAND. iS NOT WORTH IT. HE IS NOT ONE WORD HE SAY THINGS AND DON'T FOLLOW IT.