Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constipated!!! Help!!!

Can anyone tell me what is good when you are constipated? It is so bad I am nauseous and in so much pain, I tried an enema this morning and nothing at all happened? PLEASE HELP, my hubby is going to buy me some prunes to see if that works.

I had my surgery on Tues the 25th. I have been really feeling good until last night. My stomache was killing me. My dr told me to use MIlk of Magnesia 1tbsp a night , particularly while on the pain meds. I didnt listen because I thought I was one of those people that never gets constipated! WRONG! Omg! I took the MoM this am and I have had a little progress! Good luck!

Can anyone tell me what is good when you are constipated? It is so bad I am nauseous and in so much pain, I tried an enema this morning and nothing at all happened? PLEASE HELP, my hubby is going to buy me some prunes to see if that works.

Might use a mild laxative and then you might start using Benafiber and its recommended dosage per day. I put in my Water and don't have any problems. The orange taste, to me, like Tang and the unflavored I mix with Crystal Light. This accomplishs two things, get the necessary Fluid and Fiber. Have used it since banded on 3/17/10. Haven't had any problems. If you are still taking pain medication this can/will cause Constipation. And if you are eating solids you might not be getting enough Fiber which is what benifiber is for. Hope this helps.

Mirilax works great gut takes 12-24 hours to work. Would do another enema if it was me and take the Mirilax asap! Best wishes!!

Mild laxatives are for those that aren't regular. If you are constipated and in pain it is too late for mild anything.

Try MOM or another enema. If that doesn't work, get to the hospital!! You don't want to risk impaction. That is dangerous and very painful.

Try "Smooth Move Tea".

It usually works in a couple of hours, or it does on me.:cursing:

I was banded on May 25, 2010 and last night was awful. I was wondering if Constipation is something that lasts just the first week or longer. If longer, do you take laxatives often or just fiber?

Monday will be a month for me since I was banded and this is the first episode of Constipation I have had, I ate a little bit more than normal yesterday so I don't know if that caused it but I hope I don't ever have it again.

How long has it been since you went Jen? If it's been more than a couple days, I'd call your doctor or go to the ER, especially if you're nauseated. You may be blocked higher, so the enema may not work. I'd try Miralax or MOM, then the enema if you don't go. There is another drug called Mag Citrate, but I would not try it unless you talk to the doctor first! If you're feeling really sick though, I'd call your doctor or head to the ER!

Monday will be a month for me since I was banded and this is the first episode of Constipation I have had, I ate a little bit more than normal yesterday so I don't know if that caused it but I hope I don't ever have it again.

Not to get too personal, but did you go? How long has it been?

I actually have been going everyday and I did go yesterday and only a little bit though and nothing today. I took the MOM about 2hrs ago and still nothing, so that is prunes, coffee and MOM and still nothing. I hope that maybe by tomorrow there will be some relief for me!!!!!!

I actually have been going everyday and I did go yesterday and only a little bit though and nothing today. I took the MOM about 2hrs ago and still nothing, so that is prunes, coffee and MOM and still nothing. I hope that maybe by tomorrow there will be some relief for me!!!!!!

I am not a doctor but unfortunately I know way too much about Constipation.< /p>

If you are going every day, you are NOT constipated. You may have some kind of infection like diverticulitis. I repeat you are NOT constipated if you are going every day.

Call your doctor on Tuesday or go to the ER if it is getting worse.

I've used Phospho Soda. You can get it at a local drug store. But since you've had this surgery, I'd recommend you consult with your physician ASAP! Something could be wrong. Wish you all the best for a pain free BM!

I am chronically constipated since I was banded. I get relief from Senna tea or Smooth Move. It is all natural and works pretty fast. I agree with the poster who says you are not constipated if you are going every day. I am lucky to get two a week!! Lol!! be very careful with laxatives. I had a girl friend who's Mom gave her exlax as a child because she believed she believed you were sick if you didn't have a bowel movement every day. She can not have a BM without Exlax to this day. Not a good thing at all...... Hugs!!!!