Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's it like where you live?

We live in suburban Dayton ,Ohio. It's one of four cities we've lived in and I vote it the most livable and convenient. We have great schools, super shopping and it's quite pretty. We live on an acre and I've planted over 60 trees so we have quiet and privacy. Here in southern Ohio we have four real seasons (although some who haven't lived elsewhere might disagree) and each has its charms. We also have a huge air force base so we have smart, interesting people moving in and out and also some cultural diversity. It's not a vacation destination, but it's a great place to live.

Humming Bird, your description was wonderful! I could almost smell the pine! Thank you.

AnnieM, it must be just as wonderful living in the city, but with all the trees you planted giving you privacy. Sometimes I think the best places to visit are those where there aren't a lot of tourists.

Thank you, too.

Debbie

I am from the country where the fresh smell of grass and sometimes cow poo( from the fields behind me) would fill the air in the summer. Often I remember back home you would have to watch the road closely to make sure there were no loose farm animals out like chickens or cows ( still sometimes to this day there can be chickens trying to cross the road)

Now I live in Korea. Luckily I live along the country side where the view from my "mountain" ( big hill I live on) is amazing and also gives the apartments a nice fresh clean breeze of fresh air every day. Beside the road as you drive down the hill are little gardens maintained by people who live near by. As you drive down the road past the hill you see lots of green grass and huge mountains with a few houses along the way.

Also close to my house are tons of rice fields which for a Canadian is something weird to see but I have grown used to the sight of them and the workers who work in them rice hats and all.

Where I live could definitely give some people a huge culture shock but I can't imagine seeing where everyone else is describing where they live. Where I am is now what I call home.

I live in southeast Tennessee. The winters here are cold, and the summers are hot and humid. But spring and fall are gorgeous!!! I'm in Cleveland (30 miles northeast of Chattanooga), and while it is not a small town, we are growing! My husband and I just bought a new house that is about 10 minutes from town. We live in subdivision but also have 5 acres. We can have deer, turkey, coyotes in our yard. And then the normal bunnies and squirrels. lol

This is so cool! If I ever get rich (hahaha!!) I'm going to visit each and every place mentioned here! Thank you all!

Debbie

.jpg]

.jpg]

There was a tiny little fawn born in my son's back yard either yesterday or today. He lives a couple miles from me and his yard is full of aspen trees and wild grasses and wild flowers. I attached the pics they emailed me. I don't know how they got close enough to get their hands in the pic. They also have a pic of mama with the baby. Oh Debbie, I wish you could see the pic. The fawn is so tiny and covered with it's little white spots just like bambi.

post-270429-13813139360031_thumb.jpg

post-270429-13813139360337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Humming Bird

.jpg]

This is a pic of baby & mom. We had a cold front move in this weekend, so it is overcast and rainy. Not the best weekend to be born outside, but I'm sure they have survived worse here in Colorado.

post-270429-13813139360623_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's amazing.

Humming Bird, my roommate is visually impaired, but I think she'll be able to see the pictures. I'm going to have her look at them, because I think she would love them.

I'm sure the deer are adorable! What a wonderful place to live! Thank you!

Debbie