Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is it possible that I am almost a year out and still confused sometimes???

I will be banded a year on June 15th. I have good restriction and have not had a fill since March. Lately, I have noticed that I can eat more. I am pretty good with Breakfast and lunch but mostly have problems eating too much at dinner or snacking at night. BUT yesterday I forgot to bring my lunch (and I was starving) so I bought tacos from Cilantro Restaurant downstairs from my job. It comes with 3 tacos, I chose the crispy kind. I didn't think I could but I ATE ALL THREE!! And I wasn't stuffed like I usually am when I over eat. I have noticed lately that I am getting hungry in shorter intervals. I immediately called my doc and made an appointment. Yes, I have increased my exercise regime -- not sure if that matters. Anyway, today I brought a Lean Cuisine for lunch - noodles, shrimp, and veggies. I COULD NOT GET IT DOWN!! 2 bites and I felt like my throat had closed up! It hadn't of course, but I just couldn't take another bite. What is THAT about. Admittedly, I am very stressed and anxious today -- I have a lot going on at work and at home. Maybe that's why, maybe not.

Please, please add your 2 cent or 10 -- I just don't understand what is going on. I feel like an idiot because I have been "with band" for almost a year and still I don't "get it". Helppppp, plzzz!

Oh, the battery on my scale died a couple of months ago so I have no idea what I actually weigh, but by clothes feel little more roomy.

~F

I assume the taco's had minced beef with them? I find mince to be a bit of a slider food, I can eat heaps and not be full. Shrimp on the other hand can be dry and chewy and has a tendency to get stuck.

I am also a year out and some days some foods go down and then the next time I try they don't.

Many people have said here that the band is fickle and I believe it is true. Stress affects it, illness, hormones, your hydration levels etc etc.

hello january was my 1 year having the band an it happens to me all the time,sometimes i can only eat 1/2cup.the next i can eat anything.i believe the band is fickle.at times i can eat a portion of everything the next month,i am wondering whats going on.i think thats just how the band is,shrimp is a sometimes food with me.i cannot eat the regular chicken that i cook,ido the roasted.it is too dry.some food i just stay away from.everyone has their own experiences with the band.best wishes.

Thanks for the input. Yes, this band is truly fickle. Iwill be debating throughout the weekend whether or not to get a fill when I see the doc on Tuesday. If I do get one it will be miniscule, I'm sure.

Thanks again and all the best to you on your journey.

~F

Hi... just notice we have the same band date. I too have noticed lately that I can eat more, but am afraid to get a fill because I still get stuck on some foods. I am currently at 6.1 cc's in a 14 cc band. My last fill was in Jan 2010 but had some removed in Feb 2010 bc it was too tight. I'm not really complaining about my weight lost, started at 293 currently 213, but it just seems to have slowed down alot these last 4 weeks. I still would like another 50 (preferably 70) more to go. Any advice to jump start this will be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am also from the Los Angeles area. (La Puente)

I have not had this long enough to have this issue, but my friend has had her's over ayear and she said it can really depend on what she did the day before. If she ate to much on Monday, then generally she cant' eat much on Tuesday. She said time of day really affects her as well, right after waking she is generally unable to eat or drink anything, so her bigger meal is in the evening......

@kdee: YOU are the one that should be givine ME advice! LOL My weight loss has been slow but steady. I have some health issues that hinder a more vigorous exercise plan, but I am sure that I could do more than I am doing.

My doc seems to think that the band loosens after a while and you need a fill, particularly after a lot of weight loss. I don't know what to think. I only know that I don't want to go backwards.

@kdee: I live close to LAX. PM me if you like. Would love to hear how you lost so much so fast.

~F

Its a funny thing I have been going through the same thing, some foods that I eat one day may not be good the next. The one thing that surely does not work is anything corn and stringy like beef. There are some days where anything is good so I do believe the band is a fikle thing. And yes stress does have a big factor with the band as i notice when im stressed that day, than im sure to have it all come back up.

I am a little over a yr. with my band. I told my surgeon this and he made me feel like it was my fault I was eating more on some days...and truthfully on some ways it is our fault..we do control what we eat...but even so the foods that are "supposed" to make us fuller do not ALWAYS have that affect...ugghh..darn you band! i got a fill, and i think i'm pretty high in my cc's now..so i DEF. fill a restriction..and the band is DEF. telling me no to foods it used to tell me yes too....trial and error...we will prevail..don't let the band beat you..:cursing:

I understand. I am almost at 2 years and this dang thing makes no sense to me sometimes. Some days, I can eat a huge portion of a certain food and some days, I can barely tolerate 2 bites without feeling full. I have learned that depending on the time of the month it is and whether or not my allergies are acting up does make a difference in how tight I am.

Remember to go in and see your surgeon. They ask questions that may lead to a slight fill (such as how fast you get hungry after dense protein). You may have lost fat around the band and it needs adjusting. Only your surgeon can know for sure. Best wishes!

Thanks everyone! I have an appointment to see my doc on Wednesday morning. I'll tell him what's going on with me and see if a fill is in my future.

Fickle, fickle band.

I do think that the losing fat around the band idea is quite plausible. We shall see.

Thanks again to all!

~F

For me it would have been the Pasta in the Lean Cuisine. After I reached very good restriction with my 2nd fill pasta is one of those things I just can not eat.