Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your goal weight for your height?

This is a VERY interesting thread. I'm 5'6, and my original goal was 160, but then I saw that was still considered "overweight" on the BMI chart. I chose that goal because at that weight, I'm in a size 6 (so it's shocking to me to be considered overweight in that size). So I've lowered my goal to 150, which puts me at the high end of normal (and I'll probably be in a size 4 at that point!). I'm already in a size 8, so it's hard for me to believe that I'm still considered overweight - but apparently, I am :o

This is a VERY interesting thread. I'm 5'6, and my original goal was 160, but then I saw that was still considered "overweight" on the BMI chart. I chose that goal because at that weight, I'm in a size 6 (so it's shocking to me to be considered overweight in that size). So I've lowered my goal to 150, which puts me at the high end of normal (and I'll probably be in a size 4 at that point!). I'm already in a size 8, so it's hard for me to believe that I'm still considered overweight - but apparently, I am :o
It's vanity sizing. The last time I was in a size 6 was about 25 years ago and I weighed less then 125lbs now I am wearing a size 6 (depending on what I'm buying sometimes an 8) and I'm 154lbs and 5'6. People have gotten bigger and so the clothes have gotten bigger. That's the good Ole USA, If we were down under we would be about a size 12 or so. Crazy isn't it? But I have to admit I love being able to say I wear a size 6. Size 6 and overweight in the same sentence is one hell of an oxymoron isn't it?

It's vanity sizing. The last time I was in a size 6 was about 25 years ago and I weighed less then 125lbs now I am wearing a size 6 (depending on what I'm buying sometimes an 8) and I'm 154lbs and 5'6. People have gotten bigger and so the clothes have gotten bigger. That's the good Ole USA, If we were down under we would be about a size 12 or so. Crazy isn't it? But I have to admit I love being able to say I wear a size 6. Size 6 and overweight in the same sentence is one hell of an oxymoron isn't it?

Well that explains it, LOL. It was only 11 years ago that I was in a size 6 (at 160) - so I don't have anything else to compare it to.....at my lowest (adult) weight, I was 135 and I looked VERY thin and was wearing a size 4....I doubt it's even possible to get down to that weight again (lots of years and a couple of kids later :o).

Well that explains it, LOL. It was only 11 years ago that I was in a size 6 (at 160) - so I don't have anything else to compare it to.....at my lowest (adult) weight, I was 135 and I looked VERY thin and was wearing a size 4....I doubt it's even possible to get down to that weight again (lots of years and a couple of kids later :o).

Wow...My senior year in high school I was 5'7 and 120 and wore a size 8......I know where you shop makes a difference....but that is a big difference. Oh and that was back in 91 when we wore our jeans TIGHT!

I'm 5'10", my goal weight is 150.

Yes, I'm down in Australia 5ft 10 and 150lb, size 12 to 14 on the bottom, and 10 to 12 on top. That's about a US size 8 or so, in general, and its definitely not teeny tiny. Its just normal size to me. Its about what most people are. Its thinner on me at 5ft 10 than it is on someone at 5ft 5 obviously.

My original goal at 5 ft. 6.5 in. was 160 coming down from 252. Now that i am 152 I have redone it to 145. I was always told I was big boned, however I think it was just fluff as I still see that I need to get rid of about 5 - 10 more pounds.....course that would most likely be done after a boob job and tummy tuck.....lol. Anyway, I think that your body will let you know where your goal actually is.....as mine is obviously not done yet, almost as it is starting to level off. I still think that I would have been fine at 160. I am now in a size 6....who knows what I will be when I am done :rolleyes:, but it is sure fun now to shop!!!

I have no set number in mind> I want to look and feel comfortable. I know where I was when i was in great shape and it was a lot more than the ideal range.

I think it is more important to stick to the diet and exercise- whatever number i wind up on the scale isnt as important- I'm not where I was.

I would love to say i would like to be 150 but i think that is unrealistic and sets me up to feel like I failed.

Everyone is doing wonderful- take credit for the work you have put in and enjoy:smile:

I am 5'10 also, and am size 12 now at 195, so I am looking at 175. I am happy here if that is where I am meant to be, though!

Size 12 is SO much better than 26-28!! I feel like a new woman 2 years post op!

I'm also 5' 10" and shooting for 175. Spent my young adult life at 150 but I don't see that happening again. I can't wait to see what 200 feels like. It's been a long time.

5'6 around 160-170 will be nice but just getting under 200 will be great!!!!, im curvy now and i want to stay that way.

once i like what i see i will know its right

I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 175 lbs. I figured that was a good number since that is what I weighed in the 7th grade. That was a terrible day, in gym class the nurse weighed you and announced your weight so everyone could here. I'll never forget that day. I've only reached that goal once before since that day and that is what I hope to reach again.