Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I leave now???

I received a verbal approval from UHC for surgery, however, it's for RNY.

I called Wednesday to ask dr b's office to cancel my request for surgery and refund the credit balance I had. The lady was not so nice to me. So, I placed this request and called UHC. Well, low and behold, the girl congratulated me and told me I was approved. The main diagnosis was uncontrolled hypertension.

This works for me. Everything was shocking at this moment, plus I was so tired I really shouldn't have been making phone calls.

I called back dr b's and spoke with the not so nice lady. Explained myself and she was still not so nice. I told her I made a mistake and that I do want surgery. I don't want to say much more on here about this situation. HOwever, I walked away feeling like an idiot. I am still on their 'active' file and will have a surgery date at some point. I need to finish my psych test, nutrionist and upper gi series. I skipped the upper gi I had scheduled due to the voice problems and infection I had.

My target is Jan/Feb of 2006. This is not too far away. I don't want to do anything during dec i have busy time them. Wish me luck. I will leave if you want since this is a lapband forum and I'm definitly going to have the RNY now.

JT

This is a support group and I don't think it's restricted to people who have been banded. There are a couple of people here who have not had WLS at all, but still come here for their needed support. I certainly see no reason to lose someone just because of the type of surgery they are having. As a matter of fact, we try to be honest here and not push ourselves on anyone that the band is the only option that there is. It is recoginized that this is a very personal decision, and you have made yours.

I would hate to see you go. You have participated in helping others here, even though you have not yet had your surgery. I don't see why that should stop, perhaps it will help educate us about the 'other' surgery, so we can all benefit from this understanding.

I think you are a caring, honest and truthful person. I would not want to see you go, IMHO. I wish you all the luck in the world with your decision and will keep you in my prayers that all goes well for you.

Cindy

Jennifer....If the RNY is what you want go for it. It wasn't for me...that's all. I don't see any reason you can't stay apart of this board. Yes most all of us have had lap band but the common problem here is we all need to loss the weight. Yes you will loss it faster then us but we will catch up with you sooner or later. Thats my thoughts....you still need support the only thing we may not be able to answer many questions for you if something is going on but if you are having a hard time staying away from food or if you just someone to talk to we are here for you!

So I say stay....and even join us NC girls when we meet once a month. We would love to have you with us!!!

Oh Jennifer, why do you keep kicking yourself out?!!! Who is going anywhere??! We still support you, no matter what! And I agree that you should join us at our lunches...definately!!! We are all in this weight loss thing together, girl. Let's Git 'er doooone!!!

Just to share my opinion, and I have 2, if someone at your doc's office is not so nice, I'd think twice about the doc. Just reasearch. The other girls here who have used Dr B will have important things to say. Maybe all good, I'll bet, but not so nice people can be a real red flag. I'm sorry about that. I do know Dr B is great. My other opinion is don't let your insurance company decide which surgery is the right one for you. If they will pay for RNY, they may pay for banding if you are prepared to fight. You also need your doc's office on board. So, make sure make sure make sure the RNY is the surgery for you. You are not desperate yet. Maybe impatient (as I was to get this done!) but you are not at their mercy. Fight for the band if that's what you want. If you decide to do the RNY, make sure you also look into the other types of bypass surgeries to make the best choice for you. If you need some research direction, I can send you some links to other threads, let me know.

You have just GOT to come to our next lunch in December. Really. Don't leave us!!! We want to go with you down whatever path you choose.

Hello Friends,

Thanks for the kind words. Things are so up and down with this major life change for me. I don't know if you did bio's or something. I have a husband whose so supportive of me having this surgery. He's highly knowledgeable in the protien nutrional things. He's also into weight lifting and exercising. This is his new love.

My husband, daughter (almost 5) and myself make up my family. We moved from NY to NC and it's been a great/emotional experience. My extended family doesn't care for me having the surgery. We're not terribly close. The family member that I'm close with does not support the surgery, so it's great to be able to come here and share my excitement. My husband is great too.

I am avoiding telling my daughter right now, she doesn't need to have anymore medical information filling her brain. She loves medical stuff.

She won't take medicine but loves the shows and things.

So, a little about me. I am definitly going with the RNY. I am not going to fight or ask for a different process. I'm wickedly impatient. I really need to gain the vurture of patience. I'm having spelling block right now.

I am planning on coming to lunch. Please encourage me so I don't back out.

Sometimes I avoid things because its easier than opening myself up. I know I sound wacked but I'm not, I'm pretty stable.

THanks for everything and always being there to respond. A special thanks to Karen whose been extra helpful to me recently. I cannot wait to hear that she's approved next.

Until later....

Jennifer

Jennifer

First of all Congrats - Any type of Surgery to get your self on the road to a healthy you is Great. Second you are no different than any of us so I do hope you stick around and let us know how goes it.

That is great that you have a great Support System, we all need that:)

I think it is great that you have decided on a weight loss option! Congratulations. But I definitely do NOT think you should leave LBT. You can be our bypass baby!!! There are plenty of people in the research phase that wonder about ALL options as you did. Plus, we are a weight loss support group. I don't think anyone would kick you to the curb because you are going to blow us all away in the weight loss quickly area. hee hee hee.

Please stay, contribute, share and join in our group hugs!

I am planning on coming to lunch. Please encourage me so I don't back out.

Sometimes I avoid things because its easier than opening myself up. I know I sound wacked but I'm not, I'm pretty stable.

Alright Jennifer don't make me find you and come and pick you up....I hope you come I know you will have alot of fun....We always enjoy our time together. I promise you want be sorry you come...do don't back out!!!!

Jennifer, I'm right there with everyone else. You should definitely stick around LBT! ... and if you try to weezel your way out of lunch in December, I'll personally take offense. Well, OK, maybe not; but I still want to meet you in person :(