Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what are you most looking forward to after your banded?

As I sit here and drink my cup of broth, I can't believe in exactly one week from today I will be banded and begin a new journey to a healthier and slimmer me! Am looking forward to fitting in a seat on an airplane without a belt extender, shopping somewhere other than Lane Bryant or the women's department, and not being 2x's the size of my friends!!!

How about you?

Arrrgh! Forgot about the bloody belt extenders... and I have to take 3 plane trips prior to my July operation. Those I certainly won't miss! : )

I am looking forward to getting pregnant, not using seat belt extenders on planes, shopping in the store at Old Navy and shopping anywhere I want, fitting on roller coasters, not having my dh worry every time I sit in a chair that it will collapse.

I am looking forward to going to Victoria's Secret and not having to stick to the perfume section... AND not having them look at me like I just let out a rude noise!! you all know that look! LOL

wish me luck.. my day is tomorrow! hootie hoooo!

you ll do great!

your journey's just begun:thumbup:

( I can't wait to feel healthy again..)

Edited by DIRKT32

LOL @ Silly Sally... Girl you are RIGHT about that!!! I can't wait to get away from the perfume isle in V.S. I look forward to being able to take advantage of sales, because they'll actually HAVE MY SIZE. I look forward to being comfortable in my skin, and not having to crack nervous jokes about my weight. I look forward to being able to sit in any random plastic lawn chair and FITTING!!!

I am looking forward to feeling better, first and foremost. I want to go in a grocery store and just get a little basket if I am just buying a couple of things, rather than a cart for something to lean on. I can't wait to walk up a flight of stairs without being winded and my heart pounding, or to even run a few steps without my ankles and knees giving out. I don't want to wake up gasping in the middle of the night anymore from apnea, or feeling pukey from acidy backwash in my throat.

Also, I want to take a family picture without trying to hide behind kids.. lol

After all the fun stuff like bike riding and amusement parks it comes down to work, I am a photographer and the weight had really become a detriment to getting work, I had a friend tell me they would have hired me but the were worried I wouldnt be able to get around to get all the shots which at this stage unfortunately is true..so i have taken this summer off to work on me and I am looking forward to the surgery

I am looking foreward to making the change to a healthier lifestyle permanent so I can get to goal and stay there for the rest of my life....Being healthy is what matters and having the energy to enjoy life to the fullest. PLUS I turn 50 next year and I want to look awesome when I do! Can't blame a women for wanting to be in the best shape for that number! LOL

being healthier

more energy

trendier clothes

I am looking forward to being able to keep up with my three highly energetic golden retrievers, to being free of the aches and pains in my knees, to walk up to the 3rd floor at my office without being out of breath, to wearing my favorite old Levis again, to being light enough to ride the mules down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon for the first time and perhaps most of all to living into my old age and enjoying good health.

I am looking forward to more energy and being more healthier. Shopping in a store and not heading to the accessory counter because I cann't wear any of the clothes in there. And last but not least showing the "haters" at work that weightloss surgery is not a bad thing!!!!

It will all happen in time for all of us. I can wear my seat belt with out it pulling at my neck and smashing my boobs! And even though its still the plus department I shop in I can find something to buy! NOW All Im waiting on is my big gut to get as Flat as my butt!!

I'm looking forward to putting on my old Levis also. I have some Silvertab Levis I bought new many years ago and they are now vintage LOL. I didn't keep many of my old clothes, but I always kept my Levis and will wear them again!

I look forward to feeling like me again. I don't know this person I have become.

I can't wait to go out and not be nervous the whole time about bumping into someone I used to hang out with. I used to be average sized, never skinny. But I have become a hermit due to this weight. I want to be a non hermit LOL.

I look forward to tucking in my shirt!

And the main thing is I look forward to my health improving.

Not hiding from the camera

Not hiding in general - looking forward to seeing old friends who haven't seen me in years, rather than dreading it

Being able to keep up with my son - going places with him that don't require me to sit on my butt

Being healthy, having energy

Not having to spend a fortune on clothes and being able to buy clothes in a "regular" store

Not being a slave to food and my own impulses