Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My port disconnected and the tube is in my pelvic area. surgery tomorrow. Anyone else experience this? extremely painful. :smile2:

I've not experienced this, and God willing won't, but wanted to send hugs your way and wish you a safe procedure and speedy recovery!

Keep us posted on how your surgery turns out. How did it come unattached?

So sorry to hear this! I have not had this happen to me or anyone I know. I wish you the best and let us know how the surgery goes. :smile2:

Had surgery doc reconnected port. he said it was due to using the torso machine ??? pretty upset because I was NEVER told I had limitations. Doc advised he's informing ALL his patiences not to do this type of exercise.

Did they reconnect it somewhere else then? I knew about not being able to do heavy abdominal exercise so I had my port sewn on my side. In the movie Aliens when the things start coming out of their bodies, my port looks like that on my side but at least I can do sit-ups without fear of something happening to my port. Sorry to hear about that...are you doing OK since?

I wish I would of known this Sandy.. he put the port back in original area. So you were advise not to do certain exercises? my doc is fairly new to this and did not know himself. Do you think I am being selfish if I ask to be compensated for the amount of time I missed work? I missed close to 7 days. also had several co pays when the pain started went to my urgent care, primary dr.then obgyn prior to finding out it was the band. I feel sooooo much better. a little sore where incisions at. How much weight have you lost? when were you banded?

Actually I'm having my band taken out. It is eroding in my stomach. I've had nothing but trouble since I got it. I've had strictures, and now this. I lost close to 50 lbs until it stopped working and now I've gained all that back plus. Insurance will not pay for rebanding at this point. I don't think I want it anyway. Way too much trouble. You have to have the air taken out when you fly, you can't do certain exercises, blah, blah, blah.

You have to have the air taken out when you fly, you can't do certain exercises, blah, blah, blah.

I don't understand. Can you clarify this statement? Are you saying that you have to have some kind of procedure done before you fly? What about on the return flight when you don't have access to your surgeon? This is troublesome ... I've never heard of this restriction before.

no you don't need to have anything done before you fly. Some people apparently experience extra tightness but this should resolve when you land. You are more likely to experience problems if you are newly banded as then their is air and not saline in the band. The air can expand - saline doesn't.

I flew from Australia to South Africa and back in Dec. 3 flights - 24 hrs each way. No problems. LOL I even managed to eat the plane food.

no you don't need to have anything done before you fly. Some people apparently experience extra tightness but this should resolve when you land. You are more likely to experience problems if you are newly banded as then their is air and not saline in the band. The air can expand - saline doesn't.

I flew from Australia to South Africa and back in Dec. 3 flights - 24 hrs each way. No problems. LOL I even managed to eat the plane food.

Thank you so much! I travel frequently for work, and I was having nightmares, thinking I'd have to have procedures done everytime I needed to take a business trip. I couldn't understand why no one had ever said anything to me before I got banded. What a relief!

Glad to be able to put your mind to rest.

There certainly seems to be lots of misinformation regarding the band out there!

search flying on this forum and you will see most people dont have any problems flying with the band. The first time I flew the next morning my stomach felt different but just kind of like I had done a little ab workout the day before no big deal. I fly quite often and it never bothered me when I had the band.