Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am supposed to have my surgery on July 29th, Lord willing and the insurance sends out the final approval letter. I am dreading it if it comes back a NO.. I will be devastated for sure, but will appeal me case of course. I also found out I was shorter than originally told, I went from 4'10 to 4'8 1/2..I was like crap, I am already short, now I am even shorter..lol.. Good luck to you and hopefully we can keep in touch and stuff. :bored:

Hey here's to us "shorter" folks FTodd30263! Will you have to go on a liquid diet? I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow to check and see if he has sent in his approval letter. If not, it may be time to open a can of whoop a**! Good luck to us!

July 21. Starting the pre-op diet on July 7, and not looking forward to it haha.

I'm july 14th also. I was seen by the nutritionist and MD on 6/22. I start my clear liquid diet on july 7th.

Absolutely KS_sxychoc! Keep me posted on your progress. I'm starting day 4 of pre-op and finally told my family this week.... thankfully that all went well and they are super supportive. Who knew?!

In response to Pollywogg --- is there anyone who ISN'T feeling crappy on the pre-op?! I can't stop peeing!

I'm so excited for you - I too am scared that after going through all this and not knowing the outcome of the insurance. I have my date scheduled for July 26th and the I am also told by my doctor that everything looks good and they have no doubt the insurace will come back approved. I sure hope they are right. I'll keep you in my prayers and can't wait to hear your outcome. Good luck.:bored:

I am scheduled for July 9!!! I too, however, am waiting on the final ok from insurance. Luckily I have no weight to lose or pre-op diet. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I just don't want to get too excited before that approval goes through. :bored:

Just got a call they had to push my date to the 12th from the 7th. But I am told the paper work looks good and I hope to hear about my approval early next week. Keeping my fingers crossed. :bored:

I am scheduled for Thursday July 8th... SO EXCITED!! I am curious what causes all the issues with insurance? Is it the type of insurance? I have a PPO, does that make it easier... because honestly I had no problem. I mean it still 4 months from beggining to surgery, but it was mainly because of tests and dr. appts and avaiablity. Anyways, nervous and excited and trying not to feel "the last meal syndrome" :smile:

Well, it's now official... I am one of you! :smile:

Ending a nine month process, I have a surgery date of July 19th! I battled insurance companies, complacent office staff at the surgeons office, my own impatience and finally got to this point!

Diet begins on July 5th, so July 4th really is MY Independence Day as well.

I'm in Little Rock, Arkansas...and can't wait!

I am finally scheduled for July 9th and I am on day one of my preop. I am so excited to finally have a date.

Does anyone know where we get one of those nifty tags for our signature line that says when we are banded? Like, the "July 2010 Bandster" type things? Just because I'm silly like that. :smile:

July 28th for me! I attended the free seminar May 24th, and was told right there and then that my insurance BCBS Federal will almost always approve the procedure as long as you have a BMI higher than 40.

My PCP wouldn't sign off on the letter, so I made an appointment to confront, uh I mean ask nicely, WHY THE HELL NOT??!! I've gained 25 lbs in a year and a half, AND to add insult to injury I found out I'm actually 5'6", not 5'8" like I always thought. So...I actually have a higher BMI than I thought I was. Really good/crappy news I guess.

So I've had my bloodwork, EKG, chest X-ray, psych eval and meeting with the nutitionist who by the way stuttered and repeated the first sentence of every paragraph. I suppose sometime before I actually have my preop on 7/6 I'll get an approval letter from the insurance company.

I'm holding onto that date though, 7/28. Hopefully in approximately two weeks I should be starving, uh prepping myself with the liquid diet. It's great to have all this information and support from this group!:smile2:

what state are you in or where u gettin it done at? have you been approved? for regular bcbs-if your bmi is over 40, you dont need cormorbidities, if 35+yes....plus, at least 3m proof of failed wt loss attempts(consecutive 3m in last 2yrs), psych eval(by licensed clinical profesional, psychologist, or psychiatrist).most of thetime ur bcbs should be quick on a turn around if your dr submits everything they're supposed to (within a week)....good luck!:)

Hi Everyone. New to this forum. I am getting my surgery on July 8. I was approved by my insurance, but found out it is still going to cost me about $3800. I pay 15% of the contracted rate and I was not expecting that and the hospital wants their money up front. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have started doing a semi-liquid diet also. I don't need to start the full liquid diet until July 5th, but wanted to get a start. It's going ok. I do the Protein Shake for bkfst and supper and do a regular lunch. It has actually helped me sleep better because I'm having such a light supper.

My surgery date is now a little more than two weeks away (July 15!!) and I haven't been told to start a pre-op liquid diet yet. I have an appt. with the doctor's office on July 1, so I'm wondering if that's when they'll tell me to start it.

For you folks with upcoming surgeries in the next couple of weeks, can you tell me:

1. Were you told you HAD to be on a pre-op liquid diet?

2. What does the diet consist of? HMR? Protein Shakes?

I'm confused confused.gif

Thanks, guys!

weight.png