Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you get food stuck? How long does take the food to pass or is easier just to vomit?

I really like to know how others handle what seems to be a weekly drill for me. I get food stuck this the 2nd time this week. I try to vomit sometimes it comes up easy then all is ok, but just last night I was so stuck could not drink nor eat anything for 2hrs after that bit of food that got me stuck. I even feel it has carried on to today. I only had 4 bits of sold food today and pesto stuck again. I had this since last fill over 3months ago. I have hard time some days keeping my calorie intake where is it safe 1200-1600. I am losing and haven't been working out, hurt my back.

Suggestion????

How often do you get food stuck? How long does take the food to pass or is easier just to vomit?

I really like to know how others handle what seems to be a weekly drill for me. I get food stuck this the 2nd time this week. I try to vomit sometimes it comes up easy then all is ok, but just last night I was so stuck could not drink nor eat anything for 2hrs after that bit of food that got me stuck. I even feel it has carried on to today. I only had 4 bits of sold food today and pesto stuck again. I had this since last fill over 3months ago. I have hard time some days keeping my calorie intake where is it safe 1200-1600. I am losing and haven't been working out, hurt my back.

Suggestion????

I get stuck once and awhile. The longest that it has been stuck is maybe 30 minutes. It will come up sometimes if it gets stuck for me. Usually I just stand up and try walking around. Sometimes I will even jump up and down. Of course if you are in a restaurant you want to go into the bathroom to jump. You DO NOT want to drink when you get stuck because that will make you even more stuck.

It could be the foods that you are choosing that get stuck. You may want to not have them for awhile. Or it could be that you are not cutting them small enough or chewing at least 25-30 times before you are swallowing. Also try using a baby spoon if you aren't using one now.

After you get stuck, especially the way you are feeling now, you may want to go back on all liquids for a day or 2 and then move up to mushies for a couple more days and gradually back onto solids. Sometimes when you get stuck you could cause a little swelling.

My calorie count is 800-1100 so you are ok if you don't go any lower than 800.

I am going through the same thing......again! I have not had a fill in about 2 mo. and all of a sudden I'm "stuck." Even with ice cream I get the stuck feeling. I get the advice of liquids and smaller bites too but and I'm following that. It seems like I can't get rid of the stuck feeling. It's been about 3-4 days now.AGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Also along with the stuck feeling I burp after every drink or sip of liquid.BLAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:o

I am going through the same thing......again! I have not had a fill in about 2 mo. and all of a sudden I'm "stuck." Even with ice cream I get the stuck feeling. I get the advice of liquids and smaller bites too but and I'm following that. It seems like I can't get rid of the stuck feeling. It's been about 3-4 days now.AGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Also along with the stuck feeling I burp after every drink or sip of liquid.BLAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:cursing:

You might need a small unfill if you are still feeling the stuck feeling.