Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 10:

Hanging in there. On a business trip so it's harder than normal with the food. However I did bring gym clothes and have been working out at the hotel gyms, which helps. Wondering if that's making me hungrier, hmmm....

Anyway, in exactly one week I'll be banded. In fact at this point I'll be just coming out of surgery. That's my motivation right there. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hungry right now, but I'm going to drink a bunch of Water, have a shake in an hour, and a small bit of salad/protein for dinner. Must. Stay. On. Plan!

Keep posting, and good luck everyone!

Before going on the pre-op diet I was working out a lot and 2 days a week with a personal trainer. When i had my pre-op appt I asked if I should still be working out. They of course told me not to stop, but that she was afraid I was going to be hungry.

That could be why you are hungry. Im never hungry anymore. I have to force myself to eat.

As long as your staying on track working out is a great idea!

My pre-op clear liquid diet started yesterday at noon, so I officially made it past the 24 hour mark! I'm not mentally hungry, I'm not physically hungry, but my head feels like lead and I just want to take a nap. It's not "fatigue" it's just foggy and heavy and it makes it hard to concentrate. Like when I look at the computer screen, I feel like my brain is pulling away from it and I can't focus.

This is actually not a new feeling for me, but I usually use food as a remedy for it. I guess this is just a form of withdrawal, but does anyone have any advice for coping with it?

If it keeps up I might just go home and nap.

Today is day 4 of my pre-op all liquid diet. I am going crazy. My head hurts, I have no energy, I am hungry, and I am very irritable. I had a major melt-down last night and told my husband that I didn't think I could do this. I have worked so hard to make this surgery happen, but I do not know if I am strong enough to do this.

Edited by palmtreegirl70

Today is day 4 of my pre-op all liquid diet. I am going crazy. My head hurts, I have no energy, I am hungry, and I am very irritable.

You can do it! I had my surgery 3 days ago and the pre-op diet was hard. I got so sick of cream of chicken Soup and sugar-free pudding, but I did it, and I know you can too!

Your headache should go away soon, it's probably a withdrawl headache. Try sipping on some Water or even Crystal Light. Just think, 4 more days until surgery. You didn't do this for 4 days just to back out. Keep your head up and before you know you'll be done and on the losing side.

Today is day 4 of my pre-op all liquid diet. I am going crazy. My head hurts, I have no energy, I am hungry, and I am very irritable. I had a major melt-down last night and told my husband that I didn't think I could do this. I have worked so hard to make this surgery happen, but I do not know if I am strong enough to do this.

The pre-op diet is the hardest part of this process. You HAVE to be strong. You came this far. Don't give up now. I know you honestly feel like you are dieing right now but there is light at the end of the tunnel. If you give up you will ultimately regret that you did. Your body is in starvation mode right now. Your at the peek of the mountain. Things will get easier soon. I have faith in you that you can do this. Have faith in yourself. Keep going. Your doing awesome. :biggrin:

Today is day 9 and I having an "ok" day I wish these days would go by faster! I am ready to get this started.....So far it's been ok but it seems like it's getting harder but I am staying on track for myself! I just need to find people around me to support me cause it seems like everyone is not on my side but I am going to make it no matter what.

Today is day 9 and I having an "ok" day I wish these days would go by faster! I am ready to get this started.....So far it's been ok but it seems like it's getting harder but I am staying on track for myself! I just need to find people around me to support me cause it seems like everyone is not on my side but I am going to make it no matter what.

Check with your doctors office and see if there is a local support group in your area that you might attend. They really do help. Also just remember no matter what anyone else might think, you are doing this for yourself, not for them. You are doing wonderful!!! When is your surgery?

I'm on day 2 of my 14 days of Optifast and I am CRANKY! Poor hubby! Thank heavens I was dieting for the last 2 months- I would hate to have to deal with this straight from eating regularly!

Surgery May 26!

Day 11:

Ok, so this is hard. I've been working long hours and traveling all week, which has been making it hard. Getting really sick of the Protein bars I brought. One thing about the pre-op diet, you really have to time it well. I got stuck today working without a shake or bar for about 5+ hours and was about to either pass out or break down and eat something I shouldn't have. Back at the hotel now and had a shake and about 6 cups of Water.

Six more days for me. At this time next week I'll be banded. Must stay strong. Hope everyone else is doing well, this is a tough time but the reward is worth it!

Thanks for the support. It has been a lot harder on the liquid diet than I thought. I actually broke down and had 2 saltine crackers this afternoon because I was so shaky and dizzy. I hope I haven't messed up my liver from this. I wish I could have a Protein shake or bar at this point. Clear liquids only. I am so upset at myself for giving in and hope I haven't ruined my chances of success. I had chicken broth tonight seasoned with a ton of pepper and it actually tasted really good.

My surgery is scheduled for Monday. I have gotten my head back in the game with the help of my therapist and my wonderful husband.

Thank you to all of you for your encouraging words. The friends on this board are such a blessing on this journey!

Thanks for the support. It has been a lot harder on the liquid diet than I thought. I actually broke down and had 2 saltine crackers this afternoon because I was so shaky and dizzy. I hope I haven't messed up my liver from this. I wish I could have a Protein shake or bar at this point. Clear Liquids only. I am so upset at myself for giving in and hope I haven't ruined my chances of success. I had chicken broth tonight seasoned with a ton of pepper and it actually tasted really good.

My surgery is scheduled for Monday. I have gotten my head back in the game with the help of my therapist and my wonderful husband.

Thank you to all of you for your encouraging words. The friends on this board are such a blessing on this journey!

I don't think a couple of saltines will mess things up for you. Just try your best not to do it again. Monday is not that far away. You are almost there. By the way powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a really good chicken flavor Protein mix. It's clear. UNJURY is Medical Quality whey Protein Isolate. Best Tasting whey Protein powder. Most Trusted Whey Protein Powder Supplement. Taste the difference

I'm glad that you are back on track and almost there. Good luck on your surgery Monday! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Please let us know how the surgery went. Have a wonderful weekend.

I kept having dreams last night that I had cheated on my pre-op. It was such a relief to wake up! 12 more days...

Almost there! (:

They recommend 3-4 Optifast sachets a day but my mum's a nutritionist and opposed it and so I had 4-5 a day, 1-2 cups of nonstarchy vegetables, s/free gum & jelly and I was still fainting and getting dizzy spells. In the end I still lost more then twice what I needed to.

Good luck!

I start my pre-op diet May 20th with a May 27th surgery date. I guess I'm lucky I only have to be on Clear Liquids for a week I hope for my families sake I don't get too crabby on the diet. Good luck with your surgery and God bless you and yours.

new to this site....I just finished my pathway, not sure if everyone has to go through one but the military makes it a requirement. I will see the surgeon in a couple weeks to schedule my surgery date, looking at sometime in July more than likely. I was just wondering what the whole pre-diet consists of? I know that some surgeons have different pre-diets....would like to get an idea of what I'm in for :redface: