Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Immigration

Waynoo don't leave! I love it when someone disagrees with me, especially if they can give logical reasons why they believe what they do without relying on rhetoric and catch phrases. I love to hear both sides when its not just some copy and paste paid advertisement. :thumbup:

Here is my question, If the credit bureaus have access to know that these SS#s are for dead people and they are able to stop them from using them to get credit, then why wouldn't the IRS be able to know that the SS# is bad and that person shouldn't be paying in? My answer is because they want the funds to be paid into the system without the possibility of them owing to someone later.

I was following this a little they have something like that in ny

You can't walk around with no id on you, you could be arrested untill you show some proof of id.

A cop can ask you for id and if you can not produce any id your going straight to bookings

By my town there was a guy he was hispanic and he was piss drunk laying on the side of the road the cops seen him and arrested him they asked for id and he had none but as it turned out he was illegal and from what I remember he was deported.

My thing is if you know your legal what the matter with carrying you papers in your wallet or in your purse I mean why do you need to keep prove that your legal in you home. Its not like the papers they have to carry weigh over 10lbs

Just my view, just my opinion, and just a little fact

Edited by catherineleejones

I just read all 17 pages of this bill and still can't find what is "unconstitutional" about it.

i feel the same way

my thing is if you know your legal whats the point of fighting not to show your id and other information. just show them your stuff and go on your way and most likly it will probally be the same groups of cops in a certain area checking and once they check you and they know your legal and you are a common face they most likly will say nothing they wont have to to continue to card the same person over and over over. once they know your illegal you wont be there no more

go down to your local wic office, food stamp, clinic location and you don't have to show any papers. I agree with you just show your card. It looks just like a drivers license. No big deal if your legal.

I think the biggest things we can do that will actually make a difference with immigration, is finish the fence and patrol it, and impose outrageous fines to businesses employing illegals. Also we need to start enforcing the laws that are on the books, and deport much more swiftly. But I think the fines on businesses will do the most good. If you fine a company say $25,000 per illegal employee, I think you'll see them stop employing those people. And if the jobs dry up, the illegals will leave. IMO

I think that if people want to become a US citizen, there should be two ways to go about it. Have a job/skill/vocation and housing lined up so you can become a productive (and tax paying) citizen. OR, serve a minimum of a six year term in the military. The military would pay you, train you, pay for college and you would walk away with a skill.

As for the immigration bill. I don't see what the big deal is. Does it lead to some possible profiling? Yes. However, if you are here legally or are a US citizen, then what's the big deal with being pulled over and showing your ID/papers? My mom is Mexican and agrees 100% with this bill.

I think the biggest things we can do that will actually make a difference with immigration, is finish the fence and patrol it, and impose outrageous fines to businesses employing illegals. Also we need to start enforcing the laws that are on the books, and deport much more swiftly. But I think the fines on businesses will do the most good. If you fine a company say $25,000 per illegal employee, I think you'll see them stop employing those people. And if the jobs dry up, the illegals will leave. IMO

As the wife of someone who immigrated to this country from Mexico, I do not like the new law. My husband is now an American Citizen and why should he or I have to carry around proof we are citizens. Because that is what they want proof of citizenship like a passport not driver's license, I do not want to carry my passport around. Plus how many US Citizens have even purchase a passport. My husband is very white and you would only know he is Mexican because of his accent. He worked very hard to learn to read and write English and learn all bout the US government in order to get his citizenship. Many people who work in this county and are not legal have been paying Federal Income Taxes for years and not claiming any refund at the end of the year so some do pay taxes. If you are arrested for a crime I think then you should have to prove your status. But for a traffic ticket it is just wrong. If you are a criminal then you have put yourself in a situation where you should be looked at more closely.

Everyone who lives in the United states should count their blessing because life in these other countries is so terrible, if I lived in some of them I would sneak in too.

Cheri

Edited by 123crod

As the wife of someone who immigrated to this country from Mexico, I do not like the new law. My husband is now an American Citizen and why should he or I have to carry around proof we are citizens. Because that is what they want proof of citizenship like a passport not driver's license, I do not want to carry my passport around. Plus how many US Citizens have even purchase a passport. My husband is very white and you would only know he is Mexican because of his accent. He worked very hard to learn to read and write English and learn all bout the US government in order to get his citizenship. Many people who work in this county and are not legal have been paying Federal Income Taxes for years and not claiming any refund at the end of the year so some do pay taxes. If you are arrested for a crime I think then you should have to prove your status. But for a traffic ticket it is just wrong. If you are a criminal then you have put yourself in a situation where you should be looked at more closely.

Everyone who lives in the United states should count their blessing because life in these other countries is so terrible, if I lived in some of them I would sneak in too.

Cheri

Don't you carry a government issued drivers license pretty much everywhere? Thats all they want. And they aren't talking about random stops on dark skinned people although that is what the liberals would like you to believe. Why would it be wrong for someone who is here legally to quickly show a valid ID and be on their way, if your being pulled over for speeding or some other traffic violation your already going to have to show your ID. And a lot of the bill has to do with people illegally transporting illegals, and hiring them as day labors and what not.

:smile: i don't understand how some people can condone illegal actions.

Coming in to America the wrong way no matter what is still illegal,

yes it is sad that some countries are just awful but there is a right way for everything.

so if people want to condone illegal actions taking by illegal immigrants why not just condone rape "yeah the girl had it coming, the rapist shouldn't get arrested" or why not condone killing

either way both things are illegal and people don't protest about that...

let an illegal kill one of your family members kids mothers aunts fathers brother son daughter

the first thing out of the people that condone this illegal actions by illegals are going to be crying and yelling and saying "that illegal immigrant that killed my family and ruin my life need to get deported back and suffer in their country"

i don't understand... a law is a law why fight it.....

the law says you shouldn't carry a bomb on a plane but should everyone protest that. i mean its a freakin law

its not something just being said pass a couple of people its a law stating you have to enter this country legal

people don't realize there is still laws today that never got written out as times changed. there is still alot of things in the law about blacks that no one really follow now but if there was ever a court case a law can be pulled that no one used over 50yrs and help a person in court. so why not waste all your energy in trying to remove old laws and revamp this whole Constitution :smile2:

(when i say "you" its not aimed to no one directly)

:smile2: :smile: YUP SOOO RIGHT

Just show the id and be on your way. everyone wants to say ohhhh dark skin dark skin, they want it to be a racial thing and its not a racial thing

ITS A FREAKING LAW THING

Don't you carry a government issued drivers license pretty much everywhere? Thats all they want. And they aren't talking about random stops on dark skinned people although that is what the liberals would like you to believe. Why would it be wrong for someone who is here legally to quickly show a valid ID and be on their way, if your being pulled over for speeding or some other traffic violation your already going to have to show your ID. And a lot of the bill has to do with people illegally transporting illegals, and hiring them as day labors and what not.

Why should I have to carry my ID if I am jogging around my town? I am not driving, but I am legal. What if the cop is fresh off an illegal raid somewhere and there is a call in on the radio that says an illegal is running in the community and the cop stops me? I am dark skinned, but with no ID? What should the cop do, ask me my name and forget about the ID, when I don't have it? Or am I going to jail or detention?

This is the dilemma with that law.

i don't know where you from but in NEW YORK you run with your id especially in the 5 boroughs cops will stop and ask for id..

But some states are different. thats why i think i have no remorse for this whole Arizona law because of the laws i know in nys about possessing id all the time

Why should I have t

o carry my ID if I am jogging around my town? I am not driving, but I am legal. What if the cop is fresh off an illegal raid somewhere and there is a call in on the radio that says an illegal is running in the community and the cop stops me? I am dark skinned, but with no ID? What should the cop do, ask me my name and forget about the ID, when I don't have it? Or am I going to jail or detention?

Why should I have to carry my ID if I am jogging around my town? I am not driving, but I am legal. What if the cop is fresh off an illegal raid somewhere and there is a call in on the radio that says an illegal is running in the community and the cop stops me? I am dark skinned, but with no ID? What should the cop do, ask me my name and forget about the ID, when I don't have it? Or am I going to jail or detention?

Tell him your DL # or SS # they can probably very easily verify online who you are and send you on your way. You don't need to make up unreal scenarios and think the worst of every cop in the world.

And again what part of this law is unconstitutional?

Ari says,

Tell him your DL # or SS # they can probably very easily verify online who you are and send you on your way. You don't need to make up unreal scenarios and think the worst of every cop in the world.

And again what part of this law is unconstitutional?

What is the meaning of scenario again? We digress. So, the cop is supposed to believe me when I spit out a random DL or SS? What if I don't know them by heart? I know plenty of people who don't know theirs. Then I state, "there is no law that says I need my ID, when I don't need it for business."

I ask the question again, what does the cop do? Arrest me because I don't have identification?