Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May bandsters

Just got my approval from aetna today im super excited! May 24th is my surgery date. Any may bandsters

May 3rd for me! Good luck and congrats on your approval!

May 19th here - congrats to everyone for making this decision and getting approval, etc. This is a huge thing, and I'm definitely excited. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a bit anxious, too. I'm getting close to my 2-week pre-op diet and my eating lately could have been a little better.

I've been doing low carb basically, trying to prep myself for a mostly liquid Protein shake diet prior to surgery. Anyone here doing a pre-pre-op diet transition?

my pre op starts on the 10th. im a little nervous i hope i can make it through. what kind of shakes are you using for pre op

Howdy

So far I've been using something called "Pure Protein chocolate whey Powder" that I got at Target. It's a fairly common brand, and not too expensive. It's also not great tasting, and it doesn't mix well (gets a little clumpy). But it's got 23g Protein and 2g carbs and no sugar, so it fits the bill.

I've been searching the forums and reading a lot of good things about powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and Inspire protein - at least in terms of dissolving and tasting better. I find that the Protein shake tastes much better with soy milk than with Water.

My pre-op diet is for 2 shakes and a light low-carb meal at dinner, starting May 4th. I may start a thread to see who is on their pre-op diet to give support, because I agree, this makes me nervous too. Of course what makes me nervous is the anxiety that I may slip up, which makes me want to quell that anxiety with food.... So I'm trying to take a few baby steps before the start of my diet to get the ball rolling and ease myself into this.

I'm ordering some of the Inspire stuff so I'll report back - it's not cheap, but then again neither is delivery food....

DAVION;

I gues my pre-op will start on the 10, also as my band date is the 27th. But I'm gonna start on May 2nd, I want to give myself the best advantage possible and prepare mentally for the restrictions. I'm excited and anxious to begin.:scared2:

Hi there,

I'm on Day 10 of the Pre-Op - 2 Meditrim shakes, 1 Bar,

and 2 cups steamed vegetables. It's tough but not nearly as

tough as I thought it would be after reading the forum a month

or so prior to starting. For me it got easier after the first couple of days. I felt satisfied, maybe "hungry", but definately not

starving. Personally I think this was easier than the wait time

for the 1st fill will be. We'll wait and see!

You can do this!!!

:redface:

Good Luck!

I started the Pre-Op diet this week and am also scheduled for surgery on May 19. I am very much looking forward to life on the otherside.

Howdy

So far I've been using something called "Pure Protein chocolate whey Powder" that I got at Target. It's a fairly common brand, and not too expensive. It's also not great tasting, and it doesn't mix well (gets a little clumpy). But it's got 23g Protein and 2g carbs and no sugar, so it fits the bill.

QUOTE]

A good one I have been using is the Syntrax Nectars, most are 0 carbs and the taste is actually quite amazing as they have a wide range of flavors. I get it at the Vitamin shoppe.

Thanks for the suggestion - looks like the Syntrax Nectars fruit flavors would be a good alternative to the chocolate/vanilla cycle I've been on.

Speaking of which, I'd like to warn anyone against "Pure Protein" vanilla flavor. I'll be saving that for smoothies way down the line I guess, when I can add some flavorings or a banana. Just not so good. The chocolate though does the job, and it's a decent value.

On day 3 here of pre-op and the nights are still hard, but as a historically late eater, I am enjoying the feeling of waking up on an empty stomach. Hope everyone is doing well, and Sotex, welcome to the May 19th club - this seems to be a popular day to have Lap Band surgery!

My date is the 27th. I start the pre-op diet on the 20th.

Well congrats all you May banders. I had my band on May 27 or 2009. I went today for my 1 year. I started at 282 and today I weighed in at 197 Woo Hoo! It's been a long time (Like 25 years) since I've been under 200

Anyway, just wanted to encourage everyone out there. The band is a great tool. Do what the Dr. tells you and you will be successful.

Hey all, May 26th here, two days into my liquids. Wish I had a time machine to skip over the next year...