Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date...friday the 18th

I'm scheduled for Friday and kind of freaking out. I'm so scared, it's like what if i regret it, what if i get depressed, what if i never feel healthy again. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate this feeling.

Jini -

don't freak out - I know it is normal - but really there is no reason. You will be fine. Think all of the positive thoughts of all the positive reasons you are doing this for yourself.

I will be thinking about you and hoping you have a speedy recovery.....67 lbs. is not that much to lose and I am sure that you thought about this long and hard before deciding to do this.

Try to regain some of those thoughts = and try to be hopeful.

Let us know how you are doing. take care - nancy

You are going to be great - I'll be able to give you some extra reassurance on Tuesday afternoon when I get home!!

The only thing to lose is weight!! You have everything to gain - a healthy life, new clothes. Not to mention friendship with this fabulous group of bandsters!

Go ahead and get the screaming, regretting and depression out of your system now. Then after you have the surgery, all of these issues will be resolved :-]

Well, I guess it's really not that easy, but not every one has feelings of regret, I never did, even to this day.

As for the depression, just realize it's not real and it's not permanent, it's simply a side effect of the anesthesia, nothing more. These things are temporary at best and if you are feeling overwhelmed, we're hear for you always.

Take care and God Bless!

Cindy

oh the depression, the thought of what did I do to myself. Lucky for me that my partner and I had it togeather so we have each other to lean on. This site has been such a big help to us, I was happy to learn that depression was part of it. lol Hang in there we will get through this.

Hi.

I totally understand. I'm preparing for surgery but can't have it until January and I'm nervous already myself. It's such a huge life change and the one huge obstacle I've had in my life I'm actually doing something pretty radical to deal with. How will I cope? How will I react? How will I deal with the newness, the pain, the recovery without my best friend???? What if I don't lose weight? What if ? What if?

So I tell myself...oh SHUT UP. hee hee

Jini, I am scheduled for nov 16th. I'll be just ahead of you. It will be great in a few days, don't worry. Ill be glad after it is behind me and I know you will be too. I've done my research and this is what i believe i need to help me, so i am ready. Good luck on your surgery and keep posting. It will be a very rewarding journey. Keep a positive attitude and say a prayer.

I am not quite at the AAWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHH place but close.

I have been on liquids for the past 3 days. not clear mind you but you can blend just about anything to go through a straw with a little chicken broth.

My advise is to speak positive words about the outcome of your surgery. Give you ears something good to listen to, your brain will respond.

Blessings,

You are all fantastic, thank you so much. The more I read the less nervous I become. Goodluck on your surgery starrlighter! Let us know how everything turns out!

Jini

Mine is Thursday Jini- and I think we'll be just fine! I too, have been having cold feet, but I really can't pinpoint on what exactly is scaring me. I just want it to be over! Good luck on Friday. :D