Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I had my six month post op appointment on thursday,, 6 months will be this tuesday, -- I am down 52lbs since surgery and 63 since the process started in Jan of 09.

I got a .5cc fill on thursday bringing me to 5.5cc in a 10cc band, my PA says i am doing great and is happy with my progress.

However, my blood work was so so,, my cholesterol went up a bit - but she isnt worried yet we will see what it is at 1 year post op.

My Iron is very low -- they were talking infusion, but since im not showing signs of anemia other than fatigue they prescribed a Iron Vitamin c combo since C helps your body absorb the iron.

my Vitamin D was also low, so i have added a Vit D Vitamin once a day.

I have been taking Flintstones chewable but will be switching to something different,, ( any suggestions? )

All in all I am fairly happy - weight loss is never as fast as you want it, but i saw some friends i have o seen in a long time this weekend and they were pretty great at telling me how much they saw a difference.. some of who didnt know what i had done, one asked can i ask how you are doing it?? So im feeling pretty good today.

Time to go update the ticker to reflect my 52 gone :confused:

cant wait to be in your shoes:) congrats on your awsome new you

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. :thumbup:

I switched from Flintstone's chewables to Centrum chewables. They don't taste as good but the nutritional values in them is complete. Maybe that's why they call them centrum complete chewables! Hmmm....what a revalation for me!:thumbup: By the way your doing so great, congratulations!

Edited by patsal

One-A-Day gummies and Bariatric Eating.com has chewable Iron tablets!

Congrats!

I take Opti-source chewables for Post Bariatric Surgery--you can get at Walgreen's. They are pricey, but last 2 months

Congratulations on the weight loss!! Super

OH those ones from wallgreens sound good.. Ill look for them next time i am near one.

Congrats!! I am almost at six months and am curious about what my bloodwork will say I have been so bad on my Vitamins and Protein supplements. I just hit a major plateau maybe gaining (scared to weigh) but I know I can get back on track quickly.