Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im here to vent because I know what you all are going to say !!

I finally hit 50lbs gone monday morning - was estatic,, happy,, felt like i was moving on forward..

today I am up 2!! WTH!

Cant say i know why - no idea what im doing wrong,, could possibly need a fill but im onthe edge where a fill could be too much..

is it the salt from the btl i had for dinner?

today i am really wishing i had bipass.

Here's what you're doing wrong: You're stepping on the scale too much! :smile2: I try not to step on mine more than once a week. I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment if I do. Just keep doing what you're doing. If you're doing everything right then most likely it's just Water weight. Don't be pissed. Look at how far you've come! You're doing awesome! :frown:

Im here to vent because I know what you all are going to say !!

I finally hit 50lbs gone monday morning - was estatic,, happy,, felt like i was moving on forward..

today I am up 2!! WTH!

Cant say i know why - no idea what im doing wrong,, could possibly need a fill but im onthe edge where a fill could be too much..

is it the salt from the btl i had for dinner?

today i am really wishing i had bipass.

Willow...first of all, congrats on the 50lbs lost. There are so many factors that can make our scale jump. TOM? Sodium intake, what you ate the last few days. Calm down. We all have that happen.

If you are comfortable weighing yourself everyday, you are going to notice a jump every now and then. If you know you are eating right and exercising, just be patient and you will see a decrease in your scale #'s b/4 you know it.

Take a deep breath and go enjoy your day. Don't let that 2lbs throw you off track! Good luck. :frown:

Thanks -

Iam hoping it is sodium, monday and tuesdays dinner were onthe salty side - I do think i am going to ask for a slight fill when i go next week,, the last time i had a .5cc fill but they had to take it out.

I had a protien shake for Breakfast -

lunch is .5 cup tomatoe Soup and some tuna on saltines.. im thinking i am eating to much - the tuna is about a half cup plus the Soup and crackers makes more than a cup.

dinner is going to be homemade salisbury steak.. i was going to make mashed potatoes but i think i will skip those --

this is just o aggrivating and upsetting sometimes.

i was doing well and only getting on the scale once a week, but latley i have been so obessive that im getting on the damn thing every day ...:frown:

Thanks -

Iam hoping it is sodium, monday and tuesdays dinner were onthe salty side - I do think i am going to ask for a slight fill when i go next week,, the last time i had a .5cc fill but they had to take it out.

I had a protien shake for Breakfast -

lunch is .5 cup tomatoe Soup and some tuna on saltines.. im thinking i am eating to much - the tuna is about a half cup plus the soup and crackers makes more than a cup.

dinner is going to be homemade salisbury steak.. i was going to make mashed potatoes but i think i will skip those --

this is just o aggrivating and upsetting sometimes.

i was doing well and only getting on the scale once a week, but latley i have been so obessive that im getting on the damn thing every day ...:frown:

Sounds like you are REALLY frustrated with the scale. Try to put it away and only weigh in once a week or bi-monthy.

Also, try to back off on the sodium. I used to live with a salt shaker in my hand. I scoffed at the fact that it would make a difference. I actually feel a lot better once I cleaned my body of it. I can tell now if I have had to much. I feel just plain sluggish and all the things that come with it. Swollen fingers and lower stomach and I also start to crave it when I introduce it into my diet again.

Another suggestion...soups are full of sodium. Also as slider food. I also consider tuna salad a slider. Try to do without any processed foods if you can help it. And, if you are trying to loose, try to do without the saltines. Lots of carbs. If you feel you cannot give up the crackers, look for a whole grain but really watch how many you are eating. They add up fast and are also a slider.

You sound like you are really trying and watching things.

I would think also that if you are eating the Tomato Soup while eating the tuna/crackers, you would be washing it down per say almost like drinking while or after eating. Try the tuna and crackers first or vice versa I suppose, drink the Soup first.

50 Big Ones - Gone FOREVER !!!

Yahoo !!!!!!!! Hoestly, we can fluxuate any where from 1 - 7 pounds in a day. It depends on what you ate - Even as long ago as 2-3 days - how much salt you ate, how much liquid you drank yesterday, or even this morning, etc... There are MANY reasons why we gain and loose. It's all about how you FEEL , and how your clothes are feeling ON you. Looser? Sexier? ;-) Then you're doing just fine....

Hang in there!

The reason i am doing the Soup and tuna is because it is the only thing i can eat when i am at work - regular foods just dont work - i dont know if it stress and anxiety about work or what but anything i try to eat that is normal get stuck and i pb,, so its soup and tuna or nothing.. I can give up the crackers no issues,, i was only using them to make the tuna less slidey lol...

Hang in there--50lbs is awesome!!!!!! I had to put my scale away--was weighing everyday. Funny, before the band, you would not catch me near scale, then suddenly I have become OCD.

tuna? Soup? Saltines? They all sound like high sodium to me

The reason i am doing the Soup and tuna is because it is the only thing i can eat when i am at work - regular foods just dont work - i dont know if it stress and anxiety about work or what but anything i try to eat that is normal get stuck and i pb,, so its soup and tuna or nothing.. I can give up the crackers no issues,, i was only using them to make the tuna less slidey lol...

Willow...hope you didn't take my "slider" comments as a lecture. I do understand where you are coming from on eating something softer for lunch. A lot of ppl are still tight around noon. Wishing you the best.

NO -- I didnt take it as a lecture at all ... was just throwing my reasoning out there...

I am thinking maybe lunch should just be a protien shake from now on.

I know also i need to get my vitamines in which iam horrible at , I am also not getting in as many veggies as i should - my protien fills me up...

going to get the Water in to flush out the high salt foods i have had over the last few days and pray by friday i will re lose those 2 damn pounds.

It's all part of the game. the best thing to do is try and stay positive.

I gained a pound for the first time in 6 months last week. I lost 6 this week and did nothing different. Go figure.

I hear you, Whillow. As a chronic-weigher inner (LOL) I run into that every now and then and really try to keep it in my mind that we can fluctuate a pound or two a day. It's a risk I run LOL.

Now that everyone is mentioning it, I'm wondering if my latest issue with hunger is sodium. I am looking back on my daily plate logs and notice I'm taking in a lot of sodium. It's SO hard to watch calories, fat, Protein, cholesterol, Protein. Argh!

Anyway, honestly, you hit 50 lbs lost, no matter what. You did it! Don't let that pesky scale get you down. It's all good. Believe me. If in another week you're still up those 2 lbs, then maybe you could go in for a teeny fill, but don't be so hard on yourself until it's been a little longer.

Hang in there! I really do feel your pain!!

I get on the scale several times a day. It is just my personality's need. I get on first thing in the morning, late at night, and after the gym. My usual pattern is to weight the most at night, less (as much as 2 pounds) when I get up, and even less after the gym (another 2 pounds, and I go to the gym at 6 am).

I also see that my weight is affected by sodium and have seen 9 pounds swings between after gym weight and bedtime in the same day. Why? Cause if I eat salty stuff and drink all my Water, I retain it.

I also take a BP pill that is a diuretic. If I miss it, my weight rises.

My trend is based on weeks not days or hours. I watch the trend. What I do is record the lowest weight I see during the day (my psycological need) and periodically see what I have lost in a week, month and since I started.

I have averaged 3.14 lbs per week loss. I see I am plateauing a little as March was only a 6 lb loss and Feb was 12 pounds. Maybe because I did less exercise.

What I won't do, is agonize over what the scale says. EVER. I have too many NSV's to be pissed off when that happens. I am down 10 inches in pants size. I fit in a coach airplane seat without a seat belt extender. I can go on amusement park rides. I fit on my riding lawnmower without my stomach hitting the steering wheel. Those things make me far happier than the scale.

I just finished Soup and tuna for lunch. I do that often. If it affects the scale, so what. It was only about 400 calories and 12 g of Protein.

You lost 50 pounds. You have to feel it. Celebrate. Don't agonize.

See you in 50 more pounds!!!

TJ