Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded...lost 110lbs Gained back 130lbs-new start

Hi I was banded with the 10 cc band 4 years ago at 315lbs. I lost 110 pounds. I got preggo in 2006, all Fluid was let out of band so had 0 restrictions after pregnancy was 267lbs. Got band filled, but got preggo again, no restriction, had baby 6 months ago, now at my highest depressing weight of 345lbs. I am sad, discourgaged, but optimistic. I just had a fill again (and using good birth control) and hoping to get to 225lbs. Thats my goal for now. I am going to try soo hard to do the right thing and since my hubby does not want me to lose weight, need all the support I can get. That is why I joined.

I am 345 lb, only 34 and I feel like I am in my early 60's. My knees hurt and I have no energy to run around with my toddler. I hope this time it works. Need all the encouragement I can get, so feel free to drop me a message

It's worked for you before, and it will work again!

I have to ask though - why in the world would your husband not want you to lose weight? Surely your health and wellbeing is of concern to the entire family?

Mine is frightened I may get too skinny. He likes chubby girls. I know he will love me no matter but it is a bit disturbing for me. He however will be good support because he wants me healthy. Good luck honey!

Hey Jacqui,

My hubby cares about my health, but he is a Jamaican. In fact his pick up line was "Fatty, you know you Got it". (Fatty is a compliment in Jamaica) Jamaicans love themselves some plump women. I think if I do not lose it too fast maybe he will not notice as much. I actually love plumpness, but not this plump...hence my goal of 225. Who knows when I get to 225 maybe I will decide on 190. But not any lower.

your health is the most important thing.you shouldn't have the knee problems,your wt is affecting your knees.you have 2 small children, in order to take care ofd them you have to take care of you.you need to be around for your children

I can't think of a better reason to experience a weight gain than two beautiful babies :frown:

Welcome back--you've done it before, so you know you can do it now!

The husband is tricky. I understand personal preferences, but "chubby" leaves a lot of room for leeway. In your shoes, I'd work hard to get to a weight that is healthy. He loves you, not your body fat.

(I mean, my husband admires leggy 22-year-olds. I'm not leggy, and I'm not 22. It's just a preference, and I'd drive myself insane if I felt I had to become what I'm not.)

Edited by BetsyB

Cassie, you are absolutely right. I actually have 3 children and they are the main reason I NEED to lose weight.

Betsy, My whole family (mom, uncles, etc) is chubby, I have never wanted to be thin or what is considered normal for my height. I think everyone have there ideal... my absolute ideal is about 190. I am going to have to convince my hubby to allow me to do this. If need be I will set up conseling with the church staff to help him deal with my weight loss.

I may need conseling for myself if I do not figure out why do I do this to myself.. Last night even with restriction, I i put about 1.5 cup of food in a dish and just had to eat it. I could not bring myself to throw it away. I threw up twice before saying I need to just shut my eyes and throw it away. I am working on myself, and these issues I will no longer accept as normal for me, I will conquer those demons that keep me captive in this body of fat.