Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To site starting my Journey..

Hi

My name is Anita I am 47 mother of two, one teen one pre teen. husband of 13 years and I am at my heaviest I have ever been 320 bmi of 54.. I have meet with my surgeon who I love. I have had the tests, and stress test and all that , I go meet with a nutriounist and therypist on the 16th.. all I know is I dont want to be this weight any more I want to be healthy and happy, I do not have any of the stuff that say you have when you are over weight like sleep apnia or diabites or hight bp just arthritis and high calorstioal..

so what I am looking for is a support site and I am glad I found this one.. I would not mind joinging forces with any one who is looking for an on line buddy.. please feel free to email me or chat with me on this site.

Looking forward for the support and giving support

Have great night :thumbup:

Hi Anita,

I am also new to the site and am just slightly ahead of you on the preparation stage. I have had initial meetings and am now taking the pre-surgery skills group meetings for four weeks then follow up with three weeks of exercise instruction before going back to surgeon. I will be going for tests for sleep apnea in a week and doing a followup endoscopy. I too am looking for information and a buddy to talk to regarding this whole process. I started at a BMI of 40 and have brought it down to 37 since January with a weight loss of about 14 lbs. I was at my all time highest weight ever at 252lbs. I have made up my mind to do this for ME. I have some concerns on telling others only because I dont want to deal with their negativity. Its not about them....its about me. Please keep me updated on your progress and contact me whenever you would like.

Debbee:thumbup:

Hi Anita and Debbee,

I am new here also. I've only posted once on the site but I frequent it for ideas and motivation. I started my journey in January. So far I have met all of my doctors requirements. Now I'm just waiting. My insurance company requires that I see my PCP for six months before they will approve the procedure. So I wait and I wait until that time. The way it is going I won't have my surgery until the end of the year some time. So I have been watching what I eat and exercising more. So far I have lost 15 pounds. My bmi was 41. I have not checked it lately. Yesterday I had to go for an MRI and on my chart it said I was morbidly obese. That just gave me more motivation to have this surgery. I wish you both the best of luck and I hope we can communicate and be a support to each other. That's what it's all about, meeting people who are dealing with the same issues and who can support each other. I know I will need all of the support I can get.:)

Welcome! I am newly banded (3/24) and am here to help if I can. Good luck to all of you...

Ruthie

Welcome to you all. I am 4 weeks post-op. This forum was and is my lifesaver. It never matters, when you have a question or concern someone will always have an answer.

Welcome from me, too! I have all my preliminaries complete, and now need insurance approval and a date. And my surgeon chooses to switch medical practices right now because he got a promotion in the hospital, so now I have to wait more, until latter May if I'm lucky.

Like vdavenport above, I have been dieting and exercising and getting weight off pre-op. Not easy! I can't wait for the band!

Thank you so much for your reply.. sounds like your ready not matter what keep moving forward this is for you

Keep in touch any time

Ddavenport..

Sounds like your going through the same as I slow and steady with the processe. I met my Surgeon on the 18th of Feb, before that I had to go to a informational meeting then see him, then two weeks ago I went for the work up.. I got more to do on the list.. which I am glad. my doctors office is great. they really have a good program. I think they truly care about you..

keep up the good work, I have been going to the gym and eating well since that visit and I have lost 7 lbs. I am so happy.. cant wait to get the band not so I can loose the weight faster but to know that I am going to keep on going with this weight loss. and not loose hope..

Good luck everyone.. thanks again

Edited by msanitaml

I Completely agree with your comment on telling people, and whether you will get any negative response from people. I have been battleing with the same demons do I tell anyone or not. To be truthful I feel that I am cheating if I have the surgery. I feel like A faliure because I can't do it by myself and am resorting to weightloss surgery. I know that it's for my own health and my families future

Hello everyone. Welcome to the site. Band surgery is an exciting and frustrating journey, but it has been such a positive experience for my husband and myself. Good luck to each of you!

:rolleyes:I also am struggling with telling anyone. I am a nurse so I should be able to discuss the medical benefits but I find I am secretly ashamed I cant manage my weight on my own. I am even going to a different hospital so I dont have to explain myself to everyone. I start my pre-op diet today. exactly 3 weeks to band day!

:rolleyes:I also am struggling with telling anyone. I am a nurse so I should be able to discuss the medical benefits but I find I am secretly ashamed I cant manage my weight on my own. I am even going to a different hospital so I dont have to explain myself to everyone. I start my pre-op diet today. exactly 3 weeks to band day!

I am also a nurse and I understand your issues with telling people. I have only disclosed my surgery to a few select people. I have been fortunate enough that the people that I have told have been very supportive. Do not be ashamed. I would be more ashamed if I continued to let my weight spiral out of control and let my health suffer because of my pride.

Hi

I am from NY too (Staten Island). Good luck with your journey.

Lydia

I am starting the journey too. Application approved by RD. Now on to educational session on Wednesday. I have tried various programs for weight loss too. I am not ashamed. My brother-in-law had it done and has lost 80 lbs. He is off diabetic medication and doing well. I take antihypertensives. The blood pressure history was a qualifier because my BMI is under 40.

Good luck to all.

Lydia

NYC

I also am a nurse. I get it all the time because of my job I am a expert at nutrition and medical issue. I tell them if I am such a expert why is my BMI 47.8. I also feel guilty that I have gained so much weight. I have lost weight in the past but get back into bad habits and gain it back. I hoping with the band that i can finally keep it off.

My husband is the only one who know now but I will tell my sister when I have a date for my surgery.

hello to everyone,

i started my journey in feb2010. this site has being very helpful i have meet my dr. once seen the nurtionist and my psy therpy. being approve for surgery it is schedule april 27. i am my pre op diet now it is going ok . i walking and riding a bike to help in the ecxcrise department. i have lost some weight. at my heavist is 280 and down 270. i will post pics soon they are scary. wishes everyone the best. any question please feel free to ask.:)