Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat for lunch?

Just wanting some ideas while I am at work. Do you measure your lunch every day? What types of lunches are you taking to work?

I measure about 50% of the time (getting used to doing it on sight now).

I usually make enough dinner to bring left overs, so today I am having my Mexican Crockpot chicken and Beans (4 ounces of chicken, 1 oz of beans) along with a cheese stick. YUM!

Again, I am always making chicken dishes and am sure to make enough to bring into work for lunches, but if not, I'll make some canned chicken breast with onion and celery with a Tomato slice and piece of ff or 2% cheese along with an unsweetened applesauce or piece of fruit. I keep Lean Cuisines in the freezer in case I am having a crazy day and don't have time to make lunch, but those are very rarely eaten due to the high sodium content.

Hope this helps!

as we speak I am enjoying some home made chicken salad. I usually have this or some cold cuts that I roll up and dip in some ranch dressing.

Mexican crockpot chicken and beans.. Sounds good. Can I get the recipe?

I was thinking the same thing about the Mexican chicken and Beans. I'm on full liquids right now and somewhat obsessed with the thought of eating solid food, but it sounds yummy regardless!!

Sure thing. I was thinking I hadn't posted a recipe in awhile, so I might start a new thread with it. Here you go:

Crockpot Mexican chicken

Put some salsa in the bottom of the crockpot. Add 2 chicken breasts and sprinkle taco seasoning on them (repeat for the additional layers of chicken). Soften the cream cheese and stir with the remaining salsa and pour over the chicken. Put chili Beans on top. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Serves 4

Calories: 300, Fat: 3.5g, Protein: 37 g, Carbs: 32 g

I just had some home-made tuna salad, made with light miracle whip and various crunchy chopped veggies. Just had my first experience with getting stuck.... ouch. Took too big of a bite and didn't chew well enough.

I also almost always have leftovers from dinner for lunch. Right now I do measure/weigh them, but am hoping to be able to move away from that once I have restriction.

OH, and I measured a cup of tuna salad today. It's easy, I have tupperware type of deals that are 1 and 1.5 cups.

I also sometimes buy the cooked Tyson Fajita chicken breast strips and keep them in the fridge at work so on the days I am lazy or in a hurry, I can eat them for lunch. I put them on salads too. Sometimes I make a small wrap with a low carb tortilla. Those chicken strips are very good and very nice and soft. I also eat canned tuna and canned salmon. I love to make a salad with the canned salmon and avacado, and a small amount of ranch dressing. A little seasoning and it makes my day. hugs!!!

Hi :)

Tomorrow I am having an egg, scrambled - a chicken and sweet apple sausage link (100 cal and delish!!) with a bit of asiago on the egg for lunch.

Today it was 2 oz shrimp with Thai Peanut sauce and a small spinach salad with feta...

Today was smoked salmon and chile lime cole slaw :)

Today it was 3 oz Swanson chunk chicken breast (the kind that comes in the can) a little bit of broccoli and shredded low fat cheese all mixed together with some Taco Bell sauce on it. Sounds weird, but it's good. Sometimes I'll use hot sauce instead.

And if I want it pizza-like, I'll put all that on a low carb tortilla or wheat crust.

Today I had a chicken breast (leftover from dinner - cold), cut it up in little pieces and dipped in lite ranch dressing. And, two clementine cutie oranges after. Kinda boring, but lots of Protein.

I don't measure anything. My surgeon is a little different in this regard... doesn't ask you to count calories or measure anything, just not to eat longer than 20 minutes and eat only 3 meals a day (no snacks). I guess she figures that once you have proper restriction, you won't be able to eat that much in 20 minutes anyway. I still feel like I can eat a lot in 20 minutes, but I'm satisfied on much less than I used to be pre-band.

Edited by adagray