Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Run - don't walk - to get the Magic Bullet!

I just bought one day at Bed Bath and Beyond. They sell them for $49.99 and I had a 20% coupon and it came to $43.09 with tax. I got the coupon in my email when I signed up for it: Bed Bath & Beyond | Email and Direct Mail Sign up& (I don't know if the link will show up, but there is supposed to be an "&" sign after th link). It came in my inbox about 15 minutes after I signed up for it. It's the cheapest I have seen. Walmart and Target sell them for over $50, and I couldn't find a deal on ebay. It's in the dishwasher now. I think I'll use it tonight to make an Optifast smoothie! lol

You know - I do often wonder who sits back and names products. I mean - seriously. The Magic Bullet as most of us know - is NOT the food blender. :frown: But hey, I guess it gets the job done. (Much like the other referenced bullet) LOL!

I make an awesome Protein shake in the morning with mine. I use 4 ounces of Muscle Milk, 6 ounces of skim milk, a scoop of Slim Fast optima Protein and 2 tsp of Cool Whip Lite. It's a YUMMY Protein Shake. :smile2: (And has about 25 grams in it)

I drink it on my way to work. LOVE that thing.

ginger- what Protein Powder are you using? I would love one that I could mix in real food!!

Sold! I'm going out tomorrow and pick one up for myself. Thanks, too, Manda, for the link to BB&B. I just printed the coupon!

Guess what? I decided to check Craig's List before I went to BB&B with my coupon. Somebody there was selling a Magic Bullet AND a Magic Bullet To Go with all the pieces and 3 recipe booklets for $40. I asked him if he'd take $35 and he agreed. We just picked it up and it looks like it's in very good condition. There are even extra cups (I have about 8 cups). So now I basically have 2 Magic Bullets and can take the To Go to the cottage and travel with it! Running everything (but the motor, of course) through the dishwasher now. So if you are thinking about buying one, be sure to check Craig's List, you just might get lucky like me!

Edited by matilda01

My surgeon suggested I get one right after I had surgery but I haven't been able to find one at a price I could afford. I'm looking harder now!!!

Matilda, that's great and you got lucky!

People in my area are selling them over the actual retail price. The one at BB&B is the cheapest I've seen (with the coupon). I even looked at ebay, Amazon, overstock.com, Target, Walmart, etc. Overstock.com didn't even have them. The sellers on ebay are crazy and their shipping is through the roof. So, BB&B is the best price I've seen so far for new magic bullets.

I wish I saw this thread sooner! I went out last week and bought a brand new blender from costco for $50. Should I get the bullet too? Or will my blender do the trick?

I don't have a magic bullet. Mine is a Back to Basics fitness blender from QVC and it comes with two travel mugs with lids and also two cups that you can process food in. The mugs are the best. I blend my Protein shakes/smoothies in there and pop the travel lid on and I am off to work. I get banded May 12th so I have been toying with different shake ideas. It has a dial switch just like a traditional blender.

I am looking forward to using the cups to process my "mushy" foods.

It is the best thing I ever bought.

I have one too..I put on my Christmas wishlist in our family grab bag. costco had the best set-up with the extra cups ..but the others were just as good for what we need'

I wish I saw this thread sooner! I went out last week and bought a brand new blender from costco for $50. Should I get the bullet too? Or will my blender do the trick?

Probably. I like the magic bullet because it is small and easy to clean.

I bought the magic bullet, which I love, at costco, but I also bought one at Macy's that is exactly the same (forget the brand) that was on sale and pretty cheap, I want to say $20?, no difference in quality from what I can see. I wanted one for work and one for home. It is awesome, not only for Protein Drinks but for grinding coffee, spices, scrambled eggs for french toast, margaritas by the glass. :), etc. So much easier to clean than a blender also. Probably the most used kitchen appliances I have ever bought, regardless of diet drink use!

I bought mine a few years ago just for smoothies. Now I love it even more! Lol

Hi, I'm new here and I think I'm going to go find me one this week!! I have an 11mo old whom I make all of her baby food in the food processer, but I think we all might benefit from the MB!! Thanks for sharing and I'd love more pre-op & post-op recipes!

Starting my journey tomorrow!

4/7 First Consult with Dr.

-Trinity

Wow, what a great idea of bringing one to work. I think I will bring the MB To Go to work! Awesome. I can share it with my coworker, who was banded the week after me!

On Mon I made Soups from leftover veggies from Easter dinner, artichoke Soup & asparagus Soup. I'm also going to make cheesy potato soup from leftover taters and some split pea with ham soup. Starting purees on Fri!