Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Run - don't walk - to get the Magic Bullet!

So, I'm on day three post op (Surgery was Monday) and we're on pureed foods - the consistency of applesauce. Well, last year I bought a Magic Bullet from my mom's neighbor and thought "Maybe I'll use it one day". I got it out today and it's AMAZING!

For my mushy dinner tonight I made some ricotta cheese ravioli (get the micro because there are less carbs) and boiled them. Added them in my little cup with some low-sugar spaghetti sauce, a little bit of parm cheese (shredded) for Protein and then a scoop of Protein powder. Blended it up and voila - a pretty tasty applesauce-consistency dinner! :thumbup:

I also blended up a piece of turkey sausage just for a few bites (hubby made turkey smoked sausage) and it was fine, too.

HIGHLY recommend them for my fellow bandsters!

I've always wondered about those! Great to know, I'm still in the "how am I gonna eat only liquids and mushy foods for three weeks" phase. I can't wrap my head around it just yet, but knowing there are solutions out there really helps! :thumbup:

It's honestly not that bad. You still get the same taste, just already mushed for you. :thumbup:

I am SO glad that I bought this thing when I did. I think later I'm going to use it for some Protein shakes and stuff.

I would agree, the Magic Bullet is AWESOME. I am one day post op...and used it for two weeks prior to surgery for my pre-op diet (aka Protein Shake Diet) Took a little while to create the PERFECT shake but the Bullet makes it soooo simple...plus its easy to clean...a bandster MUST.

I LOVE the Magic Bullet.

but here's a warning.....I have had TWO of them. The reason I have had two is because the motor on the first one burned out. It is IMPORTANT that you use it in little "blasts"...hold the top down for just a few seconds at a time. It should NOT be used like a regular Blender where you just let it run....use short little bursts, and you'll do just fine with it.....it's a great device!

I got the bullit for Christmas knowing I would be wanting it post op. I have used it every day since surgery for my Protein Shakes, Soups etc. It's a lifesaver. It makes the best fruit smoothies (with vanilla Protein pwdr). I buy the big bags of fruit from costco and use milk and top it off with a scoop of sugar free cool whip.

Margie (23 days post op)

OK, now I think I need a Magic Bullet. I have some questions....

1) Where do you buy it? Can you get it in stores or is it better to get it on-line?

2) What do they usually cost?

3) I don't have a food processor anymore. Should I get a food processor instead or is the Bullet better (at least for the mushy stage, which I start in 10 days).

Oh, and for mushy recipes, check out the food/recipe section here on LBT. There are pages & pages of mushy recipes. I found a bunch I can't wait to try! :)

OK, now I think I need a Magic Bullet. I have some questions....

1) Where do you buy it? Can you get it in stores or is it better to get it on-line?

2) What do they usually cost?

3) I don't have a food processor anymore. Should I get a food processor instead or is the Bullet better (at least for the mushy stage, which I start in 10 days).

Oh, and for mushy recipes, check out the food/recipe section here on LBT. There are pages & pages of mushy recipes. I found a bunch I can't wait to try! :)

You can get them online or in stores. I think Target carries them. I know Macy's and Bed, Bath and Beyond have them. If you sign up for BBB's newsletter, they send you a 20% off coupon for their store. Might get it cheaper! B)

2) I don't know their typical cost. I bought mine from my mom's neighbor. She had a yard sale and NEVER used it and I got it for $10. (Still in the box!) I think they're like $70? I'm not sure.

3) Truthfully - I think they're better than a blender or food processor. You get two different blending blades, plus it comes with these different cups - I think I have six in all, and you can literally blend your entire days worth of food in a few cups and be done.

I make my Protein shakes in them every single morning. I LOVE mine. It's quick to do. Plus, you can make all sorts of single serving meals in them which is good if your family is eating something else. :frown:

I have to admit...I had NO clue that a Magic Bullet was when I saw this post. So I looked it up online and I was like OMG I want one of those but @ 99 bucks I was like huh no way....BUT then I had a thought...........craiglst.com!! I went on there and found a lady that was selling a BRAND NEW ONE. She was asking 45 for it but ended up coming down to 35 BUCKS! I went to pick it up last weekend!!!! I was so happy. The thing had NEVER even been opened. I'm getting everything ready...I have 6 months to go before surgery!! Thanks for posting this great info.:)

I got mine a few weeks ago at costco. It was $44.99 and was the "deluxe" setup, with 2 blades and lots of cups and even a mini blender attachment. I really like it.

I have had mine for a couple of years and love it.

I must admit, when I read the title of this post I thought you were talking about something completely different. I suppose my mind must be in the gutter. *grin*

I must admit, when I read the title of this post I thought you were talking about something completely different. I suppose my mind must be in the gutter. *grin*

Naughty Girl. :frown:

Chicago, you must have been thinking like my husband when I was on the way back from costco and told him what we had bought, I said and "I got a Magic Bullet for 44.99" and he says "they sell THAT stuff at Costco and you bought it where everyone could see?????" I had a very good laugh!

They sell them at Walmart for between $40 and $50 bucks with all the gear.

I had used mine on a diet that was monitored (prior to ever considering WLS).