Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long before you loved your Band?

I started loving my band once I got restriction. Before that I felt like it may never work. I have had 4 fills, the 3rd was the one that gave me good restriction. I have lost 58 pounds since Nov. 16th and am just thrilled. Best of luck!

Hi my name is Miriam I today I'm 14 days post op no fill yet since last week i'm starting to feel hungry and i'm worried I'll get of track but I keep losing wt , hopefully , the hunger will go away when I have my first fill

Hi

I've had me band for only 3 weeks and I love it now. I hated it on days 3 and 4 because I felt so crappy, mainly nauseated, but also pain. I wasn't game to take pain med's because of the nausea.

Now, I am losing weight without any effort. I'm not hungry, and that gives me time to make healthy choices. Like today, leaving work at 6pm, I walked past the chocolate machine, and thought I'll buy something to eat on the way home. Then the new me kicked in and said you don't need that. Previously, I would have been hungry, easily tempted, and ate chocolate. Today I wasn't hungry, so I stood tall, and felt my loose shirt moving as I walked away (instead of clinging to my belly). Much more satisfying than chocolate.

I've loved my band from the day I went to the seminar (6 weeks prior to surgery) because it gave me 'hope' that I would one day get this weight off and live (and eat) like a normal person. Just knowing I was going to get the band changed something in my thinking to where I actually dropped 14 pounds in that 6 weeks before surgery and without any dieting.

Each day with a changed outlook towards food...each pound down...make me love it even more.

Well, I am glad to hear that the majority of responses are towards loving their band. I don't yet love mine but I hope that once I start eating I will grow very fond of it. I can say that I love losing this wt so fast but what can I expect from just liquids.

Dee

I am 10 months post-op and 90 lbs down and I'm in love with my band. there was a point I didn't like it that much because I felt it wasn't doing what it was supposed to do. I lost the first 50 lbs within 6 months without much restriction. I struggled and was frustrated, but I kept working hard on my own. I have averaged 10 lbs lost / months since I got good restriction and I'm loving my band for it.

I so want to love my band, sometimes I forget I have it in, until I eat something I shouldn't, then I am reminded. The first week I was dropping 1lb a day and now I have not lost anything for 1 week :). I get my first fill next week so am looking forward to a new love affair with my band.

I started loving my band once I got past Bandster Hell. Now I really love it.

All of the little inconveniences, like getting stuck once in a while and having to be careful about what I order, are absolutely nothing to me compared to how amazing it feels to have gone from hating how my body looks to actually liking it. Even though I had a lot of high expectations for the band, I never imagined that I would be able to actually like how my body looks, but I do now. It's incredible. It's like a miracle to me that I've been able to get to the point I am at right now, given how hopeless I felt before I had my band.

Catherine

I loved mine from the beginning. It made me believe it is possible to solve this problem I have had for 20 years. It took away my hunger and constant thoughts of food. It has made me satisfied with small amounts of food. It has made everything I ever learned about losing weight suddenly work reliably. I could not have imagined that previously. I look better, I feel better. What's not to love?!

I think the turning point of loving my band for me was when we went on vacation and I gained 2 lbs instead of the 16 I gained on the last vacation. It was at that point that I knew this band was going to HELP me solve my weight problem. Not resolve it, but help me solve it.

When I was too tight, I can't say I was in love with it, but since I've had a couple of unfills, no more pbing, sliming, or acid reflux so everything is so much better. When the weight starts to steadily come off, you will really start to like what is happening. For all the minor inconveniences, I would do it over again in a heartbeat and not think twice about it.