Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 22nd is the day!!!

Dee,

It sounds like you and I are experiencing the exact same type of gas pains. At one point in the hospital, I seriously thought I might be having a heart attack. It hurt so badly and I could only take very shallow breaths. Thankfully, that horrible feeling didn't last long. I also have that feeling of needing to burp but can't burp. I'm sleeping in a half sitting up position because lying flat just makes the gas worse. I hardly even notice the pain from the incision, it's really incidental compared to the gas pains. But it is a bit better today definitely and I'm going to keep walking. Oh, and the nurse suggested taking 10 deep breaths every hour, and while it is hard at first by the 10th breath, I am much stronger. Have you tried that?

Okay, I'm glad it is normal. My duaghter kept telling me it was all the fluids they pumped into me and the gas and also the swelling that made the scale go up. I can tell I still have air in my stomach becuase it is swollen. I took a walk this morning and plan on taking another one this afternoon.

How are you doing on the liquid diet? I got to have a Protein Shake today and was really glad about that but I am relly looking forward to some mushies!

I'm not hungry at all yet. I see food and it just doesn't appeal to me, so Clear Liquids are fine for now. Not sure how long that will last though. On Monday, I can start having Carnation Instant Breakfast along with the clears and will be on that stage until my followup appointment on 4/10. If that goes well, I will start on mushies. So I'm glad my appetite is gone, since I have a few more days to go before I can even have shakes! I'm so thankful for Lapband Talk. It seems like everytime I have a question or concern, I can make a post about it and somebody answers to reassure me!

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one still having gas pains. I tell you - they are HORRID. I feel like I'm being stabbed in the shoulder. I also keep feeling like I need to burp and can't. So, then I get this gas pain that hurts.

I'm going to try to go back to work tomorrow. Praying that works well. :Banane20:

Good Luck Ginger. I know if I really tried I could return tomorrow but a few more days would be great. That gas pain is the one that keeps getting me.

Dee

Oh, yes! I have that feeling like I'm ready to burp and nothing happens, then the gas pain feels even worse! Well, I'm going to walk around my house for a while again and go to bed. Tomorrow will be better (or so my surgeon said, "every day you will feel better and better")

Hello all! I had my surgery on Monday and stayed one night (really wanted to go home but...). I didnt really have that much pain from gas but couldnt take deep breathes and they still arent real deep until yesterday and today. I almost fainted when I had to sneeze:w00t: and couhing will that's another story. I havent needed any pain med's not even tylenol but have a really high tolerance for pain. I go back to work on Monday and for post op on Tuesday afternoon. I havent had the burping sensation but hiccups. Not for long but a couple at a time but off and on during the day Weird! I am now on full liquids:thumbup: but still have no desire to eat but am making myself so I dont get dehydrated. Glad to see all are progressing good. Lets keep up the good work and be smaller by summer. I live in florida where is gets hot and muggy overnight and doesnt go away until Nov or Dec. Now maybe it will be a bit easier to tollerate.

I was hoping to go home Monday night. Just my luck nothing seems to go perfect. The doctor said everything was picture perfect. I was so swollen after the band the barium couln't pass with the UGI. Ended up in the hospital till Wednaday. Home now still taking pain meds, gas strips and colace. Haven't been able to drink much more than 4-6 oz of choclate milk at a time. Hoping the doctor will be able to tell me more at my post-op check next Wednesday.

weight.png

Hello all! I had my surgery on Monday and stayed one night (really wanted to go home but...). I didnt really have that much pain from gas but couldnt take deep breathes and they still arent real deep until yesterday and today. I almost fainted when I had to sneeze:w00t: and couhing will that's another story. I havent needed any pain med's not even tylenol but have a really high tolerance for pain. I go back to work on Monday and for post op on Tuesday afternoon. I havent had the burping sensation but hiccups. Not for long but a couple at a time but off and on during the day Weird! I am now on full liquids:thumbup: but still have no desire to eat but am making myself so I dont get dehydrated. Glad to see all are progressing good. Lets keep up the good work and be smaller by summer. I live in florida where is gets hot and muggy overnight and doesnt go away until Nov or Dec. Now maybe it will be a bit easier to tollerate.

Whoo hoo a Gator! I'm from Cincinnati but my husband and I are BIG gator fans! :) I LOVE Tim Tebow. He's been a gator fan since he was 5 years old. We're actually planning a trip down to Gainesville in September for him to see the Gators play at the Swamp!

And like you, I'm having hiccups and they HURT LIKE ALL GET OUT! But, the gas pain is the worst. I told one of my co-workers that I keep considering stabbing myself in the shoulder to release the gas pain. LOL!

Ginger, glad to meet some one else out here who loves the Gators. I know you and your husband loved it when we beat Ohio State in Football and Basketball for the National Championship's all in the same year. We should try to meet up when yall are here in Sept. I have season ticket but havent gone in the past 3 or 4 years. It had gotten to be to much with my weight and heat and sitting all scrunched up. But maybe this year I'll go to a few. I am glad to see you are doing good. I go back to work on Monday and I have 1st post op on tuesday. Here is my email if you would like to email gogatorrs@yahoo.com. Go Gator!!:)

How is everyone doing?

I am doing very well. Almost no pain whatsoever, just every now and then a little pinch in my port incision. No more gas. Eating puree and full liquids. Had tuna salad today and it was so so yummy.

Down 21lbs since starting my pre op diet six days prior to surgery. I am sure it will slow down some in just a few days and I am ok with that. I think I woul be happy with an 8-10 lb loss per month. 12lb per month and I will be estatic.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Dee

Hello everyone,, had all the same symptoms with the gas didn't think I would make it through but I did thank god its been 11 days sense surgery and I am feeling great down 15lbs its going to take alot to get used to bad habits are hard to break. I have a hard time not drinking when I eat. Also my port is rubbing on my bottom rib when I bend or get out of bed it feels like it gets stuck under it sometimes. Anyone else....

Heather:thumbup: