Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 22nd is the day!!!

I talked to the surgeon's office yesterday and thay have set up my surgery for Monday, March 22nd!!

Anybody else having surgery on this date? My surgery is being performed by Dr. Kenneth Hollis.

Rita

Mine is Monday, too! I can't wait! Although I'm nervous but super excited. I did make the mistake of watching the surgery online - DON'T DO THAT! LOL!

Maybe we can all encourage each other through this journey! :unsure:

How are you doing on your pre-op diets?

The pre-op diet is really tough I thought it was going to be easier. I have a headache every day so far getting tired of that. Just keep reminding myself the outcome. How are you doing? :unsure:

Hey Rita,

Dr. Hollis is doing my surgery on 4-1-10. I am excited but I thought that the initial visit with him he used his speech he uses for everyone and that my questions would only slow him down from using his script. Hopefully I am wrong about that and only looking for a reason to be nervous about the surgery. I have been on the pre-op diet for 7 LONG days now and I still have two full weeks to go until the first. Good luck on your "day".

Stacey

I'm on March 22nd too! I'm pretty nervous and excited! Good luck to you all! :frown:

Just realized I need to update my signature!

My surgery is 3/22, too. On day 4 of liquid diet now. It's pretty hard. This morning I actually felt faint after my shower. I think I had a vasovagal reaction from the hot shower. It passed quickly, but tomorrow it will be a lukewarm shower for me!

How's everyone doing on their pre-op diets? I'm still holding on. I've lost about 8 lbs or so. The 13 comes from my initial consult meeting in January, so I'm down a bit from when we had the first official appointment. I'm hoping to be down another 3 or so by Monday. Crossing my fingers here!

I'll be thinking of all of you this weekend. I'm a bit nervous but holding steady. Our lives will change for the better.

I'm having my surgery March 29th by Dr. Hollis....

Ending week 2 of my pre-op diet. This wek I have had a bit more of a challenge as I had to travel 12 hours and have spent the week since last Saturday at my mom's house. My grandmother passed away so we were back for the services. It was hard keeping on track but I did my Protein drinks and pushed my way through.

Found out it's hard to travel with restrictions.

I will have my band on the 22nd too! Very excited and a bit scared of the whole "going under" part. Have had one surgery before and it was a c-section in which I was wide awake.

Guess it can't be that bad.

Doc required 3 days of liquids only. But being anal as I am I went for 6. So, today is day 4 and the first day I actually felt really hungry. Don't think I will like the post op diet part too much.

Will have surgery in Reynosa, Mexico.

Best to all of us!

Dee

Hello! I am also getting my band on the 22nd. Th pre-op diet is a killer. I did poor the first day or so but kept trying and when I went this past tuesday had lost 7 1/2 lbs. My dr said as long as I am loosing the liver will shrink so what I was doing was good. I combined two different meal plans and it has seemed to work for me. I also had the headaches and so hungry that I took a sleep aid and went to bed early. I know that all I would want to do is eat. Maybe not the best solution but all I could think of at the time. I did back slide that night after visit but have gotten back on track and cant wait until monday. I am calling the 22nd my new birthday. Hope everyone does well and yes we should get together and keep each other motivated. :frown:

Edited by gogatorrs

I am right here with the group... March 22nd. Surviving the clear liquid OK.... only have to do 5 days, but I am luck if I am getting 300-500 calories. Will this few calories make me go into starvation mode?

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

I am so excited for all of you, I had my surgery on January 4th 2010 and this is one of the best decisions I could of made. I love my band I am 37 pounds away from my goal and I have been training for a 5k for the past 6 weeks. I actually ran 2.75 miles yesterday and I have never ran in my life... LOL I can tell you that this is a major life change, my eating habits have changed 100 % the first month is really hard adjusting. I bought a body bugg and a fit book, I keep track of everything I eat and drink, I keep track of every workout. I also set goals to keep me motivated. Good luck to all of you, if there is anything I can do for any of you please ask.... We are all in this together, and by the way I am totally off blood pressure medicine in just two months.

WOW! Fourme! How many pounds have you lost since January? That is amazing!!! I've lost about 9 or so on my pre-op diet but 14 since my consult in January. I can't wait for the band. I'm hoping to be down about 40+ by June. (I'm in a wedding at that time)

I know it's wishful thinking on most parts, but I'm really working hard. I've already started walking during my lunch break (averaging about 2 miles) and hope to be able to do a 5K one day!

Your weight loss is awesome!

Great Job Fourme!

Ginger: I think that if you keep it up 40+ is not wishful thinking at all. I am going to Cancun in June and also hope to be at 40+ by then. If anything to fit better on the plane seat.

I am down 8lbs since Tuesday on the liquid diet. I am hanging in there but it is getting harder. Trying not to think that there is at least 2 more weeks of this torture.

Hope everyone is doing well and excited about Monday. My procedure is scheduled for 10 am but have to be there at 8 to register and take before pics.

Dee

Edited by delopez3