Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Being banded on 3/11/2010 and soooooooo nervous!!

so ready to give up guys! my surgery

was postponed until next thurs. the 18th,

due to an emergency at the hospital!!!

just found out 1hr ago n been crying ever

since the hospital called. really considering giving

up....maybe it was just not meant to be...i am so

fusrated, confused and HUNGRY!

Congrats on deciding to take such an important step towards a healthier you! I was banded in 11/2008, but only recently started using the band (12/2/2009), because I had a baby in between. I was scared to death the night before my surgery and had it not been for a good friend who went with me to the hospital on my surgery day, I might have chickened out. I was scheduled for 9 a.m., but after I arrived my OR time was bumped and bumped and bumped. FINALLY at 3 p.m. they were ready for me. Those 6 hrs of waiting were awful!!!! I, too, was not looking forward to the intubation. I had never had surgery, but I have seen many done. Anyway, they had me walk into the OR and my poor knees were shaking. I sat on the table, they verified my information, started an IV and told me to count backwards from 100. I think I MIGHT have made is to 92 and the next thing I remember was waking up in the recovery room. I was uncomfortable for a few days, especially with turning over in bed. Other than that it was NOTHING. If you told me I had to do it again tomorrow, I'd have NO FEAR at all. I have lost 30 lbs since 12/2/2009 (remember I didn't have the head start of the preop diet!) and I really love the band. It is the first time in my life I feel in control of my eating. Plus, having a 7 month old son I don't have time to eat...this way at least I'm not hungry! Good luck, keep me posted!:thumbup:

I just saw your post about being postponed until 3/18. I'm so sorry that this happened. Don't give up. I promise it will be worth it! It is meant to be whenever it happens--tomorrow or 3/18. I know you're hungry, but look at it as an opportunity to drop even more lbs before the band!

Oh, my goodness, I'm so sorry your surgery was postponed. I know how disappointed I would be. But please don't give up. You may find that things will go really smoothly next week, whereas they might not have tomorrow.

I hope the next week flies by. You can still post and read other threads and be even more prepared when you do go.

Hang in there, and even if you need to write just to say how disappointed you are, stay in touch.

Debbie

Thinking about you! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!! :thumbup:

Hang in there,I know I will be in your shoes before long,I have appt.today and hope to be getting things started.Keep us up to date,we will be thinking of you..........

hey just saw the updated post. sorry to hear that but stay positive and if you still feel this is for you go for it. i was postponed for 3 months after i received my first surgery date and was so mad so i understand. let us know if you decide to continue your journey.

The 18th is right around the corner! Do not give up! One thing I have learned is that this is a slow process. Even after you have the surgery, it takes a while before you hit your sweet spot. I just had my 2nd fill, and I will probably need a couple more before I hit it. Thinking of you!!!!!

This looks similar to one of my blog entries. A lot of us are prepared for surgery only to have it delayed at the last minute for one reason or another. I was supposed to have surgery in January only to be delayed until March. loserbob had his surgery delayed a week from March 3rd until March 10th.

Just keep a positive attitude and hang in there. The longer you are on the pre-op diet, the more weight you'll lose.

I hope your surgery goes well today!!!!! Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thinking of you today!

When you're back up and at 'em, let us know how you're doing!!

i did it guys! officially a bandster, thank u lord!111

thank you guys 4 everything, I really could not

have done this without u all!

Way to go :smile:! Welcome to band land! :laugh:

Hope everything went well.

Let us know when you're feeling up to it!

Debbie

Ms. Kutz,

I was following your updates. So glad you finally had the surgery! The best of luck to you as you loose all those unwanted lbs!