Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No- No to bread, pasta and rice why??

Hello.

I know there is a Huge NO- No on eating rice, Pasta or bread. For me... (and I know for most of us) these 3 things are our love to death food.

I am just wondering why we shouldn't have it.

will I be damaging my band if I try some of these??

does any body have these food in their diet now??

Thanks for your help!

well for me personally i can literally not eat those foods,because the get stuck so even if wanted to i can

not which is a good thing if i was still able to eat bread, rice,or Pasta i wouldnt not have lost any weight

I had a forkfull of rice the other day to see if I can tolerate it and it gave me a stomach ache. Other bandsters have said that rice is a no-no because it expands in your pouch.

bread is a no-no because it's Gummy & will get stuck.

Pasta is off limits because it's empty calories, it's way better to eat something more filling with Protein.

I don't have any major restrictions on any of those items--I am allowed to eat them if able to, just don't overdo it. That said, bread often gives me problems so I don't eat much of it. Once in a while I can handle a piece of thin crust pizza, or the crusty edges of restaurant bread, but most of the time bread gets stuck. Pasta is a little better, but I don't have it too often. Rice is fine for me most of the time. I generally try to eat balanced meals, so with that plus the band, I never really eat too much of any particular type of food.< /p>

I was never told to not eat these foods, just to eat in moderation. I discovered quickly, however, that they all got stuck and I'd bring them back up. I do enjoy gluten free pastas, breads, and muffins, though, on occasion. They break down differently and I have never had them get stuck.

Yes, I eat them regularly.

I know everyone is different, so some people DO find that they crave sugar and rubbish when they allow those foods into their diets, and so for them, those foods dont work. Others cant physically eat them. Others still somehow lose weight better without them.

but for the most part, I believe in calories in/calories out. I categorise white bread, rice, and Pasta with Cookies and cakes - foods best eaten very rarely. But wholegrains are a major part of my diet. I also believe that high Protein diets *can* be extremely fatty and unhealthy, although they can be healthy too. But I prefer to eat animal foods very moderately and eat more wholegrains. I feel better that way, I believe I'm eating healthier and I didnt really care that I was a "slow" loser, as I still got to a low BMI. I also stay here pretty effortlessly.

I eat these foods all the time and very rarely have they given me any trouble.

With bread I stick to wholemeal types and I quite often toast it. I eat wraps fairly often.

At dinner I will have a small serve of pasta/rice or potato with my meal.By including these foods I probably take in less fat and calories than someone who doesn't.Think about it - lets say you are eating something like curry - you will find it more satisfying and eat less of the high fat curry if you have a small spoon of rice with it.

I eat rice all the time, in very small portions, along with my indian food, thai food, or a stir fry. I can't eat a big mouthful of rice, but I can eat little bites, with the other foods. I can not eat most breads, except for some indian breads with are very thin. I can't eat most pasta's either.

I still eat carbs, but not like I used to. I'm not going to cut things that I can still eat out, but I am going to eat them in smaller doses. Carbs in moderation are not bad for you.

Tonight I will have a stir fry with tofu, asparagus, broccoli, red pepper, mushroom, mung bean sprouts, Water chestnuts and onion with terriaki sauce and brown rice (all organic).

I have no problems with it and I'm pretty tight right now. Rice & Pasta actually help me to get meat down the band. bread for me needs to be toasted - I usually use the "flat bread" to make sandwiched etc

My nutritionalist gave me a trick for Pasta and rice.

cook them, and then let them sit in a new pan of Water over night. They'll soak up the water and expand as much as they are going to.

Once a month i eat a little bit of Pasta, a little bit of rice and a little bit of potato, not as often will i have a little bit of bread, ate a meal at olive garden last month, had 1/3 a bread stick. Ate at my fav hangout a while ago, had 1/2 a garlic roll. That is all I will do, otherwise it is total Protein and maybe a small salad. At my hangout, i get a side order of 2 meatballs with mozzerella on top and some sauce, it is awesome, I eat for less than $3 and am satisfied.

My nutritionalist gave me a trick for Pasta and rice.

cook them, and then let them sit in a new pan of Water over night. They'll soak up the Water and expand as much as they are going to.

Awesome thanks for that info!!!