Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Betsy, I hope everything works out for Mark. We're pulling for him and being in the medical field, you know that anything can happen. They were talking transplant with my dad since he was in his late 50s. He never got one and lived a relatively happy life until stomach cancer took him at 79.

The gas is worse today than yesterday and I am somewhere between cramped and sore. I wouldn't call it pain.

In reading other people's experience yesterday, I almost feeling guilty for not experiencing the pains they are. Is it because I practiced for so long prior or just a great surgeon?

Took my medication this morning in one fistful and chugged a mouthful of Water to wash them down. Not an issue. I can guzzle shakes and water with no problems. I was expecting to have to sip it.

Planning out my first stuck episode 4 weeks from now. A 6 inch black forest ham and turkey breast on wheat from Subway; a small order of sticky rice from a Chinese restaurant or seafood alfredo from Olive Garden?

This isn't going to be an easy decision.

I posted some photos... just a few as LBT doesn't like bmp pics.

Have a good day!

Waaaaaaa.... I'm so technology illiterate that I can't figure out how to find your photos or post my own!!!! But I know you're Beautiful... I can tell by your caring and sharing with us...

Betsy: Prayers for yu and Mark...

Cocoa: Hi, how are you doing this week?

Bob: Whoop Whoop you made it... You had such high expectations for pain and trauma from our stories... Hehe... We all fooled you... Our reverse pyscology worked... Oh Hell, I really spelled that wrong.... Haha... Guess you have a higher pain tolerance...

Leigha: Glad you are able to eat better and thats a great weight loss considering you were starving your body and it was trying to hoard the weight...

Gloria: You are an inspiration and I did figure out how to get to your blog... (Since it has a little click on me link) Hehe....

To Everyone: HAPPY HUMP DAY! Have a lovely day, the week will be half way over by lunch time....

Oh and I have a NSV today... The Jeans I bought with hopes of fitting in nicely by Easter.... Well I decided to pull them on today and see just how "STUFFED" like a sausage I looked in them and they FIT perfectly.... Snug like a normal snug should be without a camel toe!!!!! (Oppps, did I say that out loud....)

By Easter, I will need the NEXT size down.... WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!

Betsy, continued prayers are with you

Bob, Welcome to Bandland! You did it!!! Now you just need time to heal. Love the black forest ham joke...lol

Leigha, glad all is well

Liz, you are beautiful...nice pictures

For me the scale finally moved again and I measured myself yesterday. I've lost a total of 14 inches all the way around since Oct. That made me feel pretty good.

I'm not posting much these days as I had to have my glasses fixed. Now I'm using my old glasses and can't see!!! It's a struggle. So I'm keeping things short. My glasses won't be back for a week! Ugh!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Everyone!

Bob in 4 weeks:

65273-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Sparkey-Dog-Shoving-Weenies-In-His-Mouth-At-A-Hot-Dog-Eating-Contest.jpg 21354-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Blond-Boy-Opening-His-Mouth-Wide-To-Shove-In-A-Whole-Cake-With-Choclate-Frosting.jpg

Betsy: Continued prayers for you. Don't let yourself get lost during this rough time!

Leigha: Yay on continuing to feel better! The new Protein stuff is yummy. Had one for Breakfast. Did vanilla with the orange energy-electrolyte mix. Very yummy and no aftertaste.

Jens: Doing well this week. Still walking with the poochy, he is loving every minute of it. Looks like I am down a pound this week. Yay! Been a while since I have lost any weight.

My doc called me in some blood sugar test strips. So I'll do some periodic fasting sugar checks. My last fasting sugar was slight elevated. Hoping the walking will bring that down.

MIL should be released today. Hubby is heading to the hospital now. That is a good thing. I feel as though I am fighting off a cold. So I'll not be visiting her until I am over whatever it is.

Thanks for the compliments on the pics, everyone. I have the album set to friends only (not quite ready to share with the whole entire world!)...I thought I had already added everyone on this thread as a friend, but if I missed ya, so sorry! Just add me & I'll accept.

And I apologize if I don't address everyone's post. My brain is too unswift to take everything in quickly and process it. But I do read all of your posts, I just have to let all the info marinate in my brain for a while, but by the time I think of something to say, the convo has moved on, or I'll even forget when I get a chance to get on here, lol. You all have such great things to say, advice, funny stuff, and even the more personal stuff, make everyone seem more real, so I appreciate all that you all share. It's nice to have your support as I'm noticing the one adult person I have to deal with every day, my husband, doesn't seem to care how much I've lost anymore. I exclaimed this morning, "I saw 289!" and he just had a look like, "and, so!" on his face. Wondering what's up with that!

Yesterday was pretty busy for me at work...month end close. Seems like we finish one and here come the next one. That's the accounting life, it's just one big cycle.

My parents are having plumbing problems so they are staying at a hotel and came and picked up the kids for some swimming, so the hubby & I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I had half my salad, 4 oz of steak, and {duh duh duuuuhhh!} a roll! Good grief, I did not know those darn things had 227 calories in one friggin roll!. Then the hubby ordered the big ole brownie...man, it was hot & gooey with ice cream on top. I had 3 bites. I had too! Thank goodness, I held myself to only 3! I calculated that at 80 calories that's not too terrible. But the damn roll! I gotta stay away from those things!

Well, although still pretty darn cold here in Indiana, the sun is shining bright. Hope you all have a great day!

Liz--Isn't it funny how we antagonize over the calories in something that we use to eat regularly and not even think of? I would eat 2 or 3 of those rolls at Texas Roadhouse and think nothing of it. Plus a big steak, loaded potato, salad with blue cheese. Yikes! No wonder I was overweight.

My husband is getting tired of me and my weight loss adventure as well. He says I am obsessed. I have tried to cut back on telling him so much so that when I do mention it he is able to seem more excited. He told me the other day "You don't look much different to me". Which is good because when I had gained the 40 pounds maybe I didn't look much different to him then either. :(

How is everyone else this morning? Bob? Humming bird? Denise? Jen? Betsy? Elfie? Illuminationlady? Atgoalgal? Christy?

I have decided I'm in the Green Zone. Gloria sent me her Power Point and it's got a fantastic chart on the first page. According to the chart and my eating habits as of late I'm there. I kinda knew I was but was still debating on getting a bit more Fluid put in. But last night at dinner I ate too fast and got stuck. Lots of sliming. Yuck! I find that's my main problem; I eat too fast initially and then I get stuck. If I eat slowly and chew properly I'm able to finish most of my meal. I guess it's a learning process and also breaking old habits.

My 23 year old daughter has decided to get banded. Her preop appointment is this morning. When I first started this journey no one in my family wanted me to do this. Now she is doing it too. I'm so proud of her for wanting to lose the weight. I only wish I could have done this at 23. Then I wouldn't have had years of yo yo dieting to deal with.

I still can't see very well. Need my glasses back. Hope you all have a great day. Can't wait to read all of your updates. Hugs to all of you....

Hi all, I'm just feeling pretty tired and worn out today.

My cousin is having lapband surgery today! She should be in recovery by now..... waiting for a call. That makes 4 of us now! (3-banded, 1-bypass) I am so excited for her. I know she will do well with it.

I am not feeling great. I think I am getting payback for feeling good after surgery.

Every muscle in my body is aching. I wasn't expecting this. Never read a thing about it.

Gas is gone and no pain around incisions. Just muscle aches. Especially my calves when I stand or walk.

It's a good thing I didn't go straight back to work.

Bob, I wonder if its the anesthesia leaving your system? Some kind of weird reaction?

Bob, I wonder if its the anesthesia leaving your system? Some kind of weird reaction?

It is probably something like that. Or the IV Fluid. I lost 4 pounds overnight.

3 others that had recent surgery are claiming the same aches. I guess I just sit back and wait.

Crystl, thanks for the cheese offer but no solids for another 4 weeks. :(

Hi Everyone!

I am doing well today.

Still feel the sore throat and slight congestion of whatever-it-is. It hasn't progressed like a cold, so maybe an allergy? :(

Butters and I did our walk yesterday anyway. My legs felt like lead, but we went! He did very well. There was a man in his driveway with his dog on a leash. The other dog went crazy and Butters didn't even acknowledge it! That was awesome for Butters, massive improvement from a few weeks ago where he would have pulled me off my feet to go after the other dog. YAY! :( His next lesson is today.

MIL still in the hopsital. They did a transfusion last night for severe anemia. So now, we are just taking it day-by-day. The doctor reported that her Iron level and blood pressure are good today after the transfusion. We'll see how it goes. She is 94.

Ugh, made it through my work week ... tired.

My cuz did great with the surgery and will be feeling like Bob pretty soon.

Bob, did you try some heat on your legs and ice on your belly (tummy:wink:) ?

Cocoa, I hope the blood helps the MIL.

I have decided I'm in the Green Zone. Gloria sent me her Power Point and it's got a fantastic chart on the first page. According to the chart and my eating habits as of late I'm there. I kinda knew I was but was still debating on getting a bit more Fluid put in. But last night at dinner I ate too fast and got stuck. Lots of sliming. Yuck! I find that's my main problem; I eat too fast initially and then I get stuck. If I eat slowly and chew properly I'm able to finish most of my meal. I guess it's a learning process and also breaking old habits.

My 23 year old daughter has decided to get banded. Her preop appointment is this morning. When I first started this journey no one in my family wanted me to do this. Now she is doing it too. I'm so proud of her for wanting to lose the weight. I only wish I could have done this at 23. Then I wouldn't have had years of yo yo dieting to deal with.

It really does sound like you are at a good sweet spot. Maybe stick with it awhile longer and not mess with a good thing. I am happy your daughter is going to get banded.

If she needs it, doing it at her age would be great!

There are now 4 of us in my close family that have had WLS and a couple more who need it.

Our family dinners may be very different now.

I am not feeling great. I think I am getting payback for feeling good after surgery.

Every muscle in my body is aching. I wasn't expecting this. Never read a thing about it.

Gas is gone and no pain around incisions. Just muscle aches. Especially my calves when I stand or walk.

It's a good thing I didn't go straight back to work.

Hey Bob,

Sorry you are not feel all that grand. :w00t:

I have only had a few surgeries, but each time I hurt like heck. My theory is that even though we are out, our bodies still feel the pain and tense up. I have absolutely nothing scientific to back that up. :smile2:

Hopefully in a few more days you'll be feeling fantastic!