Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

BT,

You are so close now you can count in hours instead of days!

Wonderful to see all my positive friends here.... Great idea for a fun thread.

BT. Welcome to the club and not for one minute have you not really belonged. You are MY true inspiration. (maybe if I had had a heart problem I would have been as motivated as you). You are doing AWESOME!!!! Be ready for the surgery pain. GAS, Bloating and weird head for 2 days. By Friday you will feel good and be off to the races. Enjoy that loaf of bread!!!!

I had a weird week. After hitting 299, the scale went up 9 pounds. (Water retention??) I had salty Peanut Butter pretzels this week, and salty buffalo chicken nuggets and forgot my BP meds for a few days. But this morning, it showed 300.2 before going to the gym so I am back to even. (I think I was dehydrated at the 299 day, as I had just gone to the gym and worked out for an hour then sat in a steam room).

Best NSV's: I now wear XL tee shirts, and 46 jeans, but I can actually button and zip 44 size Levi's and bought them at Kohl's not Casual Male...

I keep having to put new holes in my favorite belts. I had to buy a leather hole puncher.

I can wear a pair of size 12 Nikes that used to be too small. Funny how your feet shrink too.

I noticed I sit a lot farther back from the steering wheel in my car. Funny huh...

I am flying tomorrow, and despite not being upgraded yet (I fly so much I have top status) I selected an exit row seat that has more leg room. I usually could not, as I had to use a belt extender. Not anymore!!!

I stopped counting calories and exercise cause I have figured it out in my head how to live without having to be anal about it. I still watch calories and exercise a lot (45 min to an hour on an eliptical, six days a week)

I can eat out, and do so often. I have had 2 fills and feel some restriction and feel close to PB if I eat too fast.

I don't have head hunger often, and when I do, I have figured out substitutes (sugar free Jello, pudding and popsicles) that work for me.

Best of all, I eat real food. Had a steak last night. 7 oz filet instead of a 22 oz ribeye. I alway eat on a small plate and cut food small and eat slow. I have had ribs, chicken, mexican, and a just about every other type food. Just a lot less.

The band has changed me. All for the good. I read this site everyday and love the positive posts. I angst sometimes over the drama posts and the needy people, but sorry, that may be a guy thing.

You guys are all terrific cause ALL of you have made a choice to change your life. We are really a small minority of the obese, overweight America (and other countries) that have chosen to fight our issues. We are the people that will succeed. OK, we need supportive people around to help and also to validate. But we will all live longer, more fun lives because we are here doing this.

You guys and girls are awesome... Keep it up!!

TJ

Wow, BT, that's awesome! I don't know how long you have been working on getting that 100lbs off, but I know the feeling. I worked at it for 2 1/2 years and couldn't do it, so good job!!! You'll probably get your band and just melt away!

And good job everyone else. It's important to remember, if you slip up, everyday is a new day to make it better than the last!

Have an awesome day!

You are doing a great job TJ ! I angst over it all too, so it's not just a guy thing. When I was feeling that way I had some kind words from one of my LBT friends and now all is better! I love reading your posts too TJ.

Thank guys!!

About 47 hours 45 minutes until I have to be at the hospital but who's counting?

Liz, it takes me less than 6 months to lose 100 pounds. This is the third time and the band better make it the last time I have to.

I started my LAP-BAND® journey on September 18th. One week later, I had a heart attack because I had 2 coronary arteries that were totally blocked. This gave me plenty of motivation.

It's not that I don't want to die but if I do, I want to be kind to my pallbearers. :biggrin:

This is such a great thread! I'm so glad you started it, Leigha.

Your episode yesterday sounds miserable. I'm so glad Dr. Kim's nurse is meeting you today for a little unfill. I love hearing about good doctors---there are few enough of them that kudos are warranted. Everyone deserves a good doctor; I wish everyone had them.

Awesome job with the weightlifting--and lost weight and inches!

Ada, exercise is key for me, too. I hope the next fill's the charm for you. I'm one step behind you, just about to get my 2nd fill on Wednesday--with my 3rd already scheduled. It feels good to be moving toward it :)

Heather, 48 pounds! Phenomenal! My doctor is a 4 oz. protein/3x day kind of guy, too. (Well, he works UP to 3-5 ounces; I'm still at 2.5.) It can leave a little extra room, no? :laugh: Still, it does the trick, weight-wise--and with restriction, it will be wonderful. Speaking of restriction, sorry you had to unfill a bit, but hopefully you are now in a better place.

Illuminationlady, I'm SO glad you've reached the not-hungries! Your progress really gives me hope.

Hummingbird, I hope your tight fill modifies itself to sweet spot fast.

TJ--salt + no BP meds will add up to a gain every time. (Hm. Maybe soon, those meds will be a thing of the past; I'm pretty sure mine are on the way out...) That gain will be gone in no time. In the meantime, you're experiencing AWESOME NSVs!

BT--How many hours now? :lol: I'm much like you; I can lose weight just fine (though being old and female makes it a bit slower going than you've experienced). It's keeping it off that I really suck at. The band is going to be an amazing tool for you.

Have people really said that your opinions and advice don't matter because you're not yet banded? Dumbasses. Your advice has always been really solid, IMO.

I am procrastinating--I really need to be working. I have a publisher's deadline on Wednesday, and I'm being bratty about it. I hate working through weekends, and this assignment was timed in a way that ensured I'd have to work straight through this one. (Got it on Thursday.) Of course, my protest is only going to shoot ME in the foot...but I still seem to be having a petulant temper tantrum. (I will buckle down and get it done in a few minutes...)

I just wanted to add my NSV du jour: I teach Sunday school to first and second graders. I alternate with another teacher, and because of my surgery, have not seen the kids since before our very long winter recess. The first little girl who came in this looked at me really funny. I asked her if she remembered me---and after looking at me for a few minutes, I reminded her that my name is Betsy. She looked at me a minute more, and said, "I know. But you look completely different!"

THAT felt mighty good!

Have a great Sunday! Off to work. :biggrin:

Good Morning everyone... Happy Sunday...

Leigha: Hope the unfill works for you... I have not been able to eat anything for two days now... Everything comes back up... I was able to nurse a Protein shake and a V-8 yesterday but today... Nada.... Good News is that I started losing again... Tomorrow is official weight in day (Even though I'm on the scale several times a day) and I think I'll see a 3 pound loss since the fill on Tuesday...

I'll go easy for a few days and see what happens... I don't want to be hasty with an unfill...

Bt: Were here anxiously awaiting to see how your surgery goes and what you think of everything... Congrats on losing 93-95 pounds on your own!

Betsy, I love it when people react like that... It makes me feel good that they notice...

Cocoa: What kind of Protein suppliment goodies did you order? Something yummy I hope... let us know... I'm not liking the ones I got recently... They are so heavy and dense... And tastless like wax or plastic... They looked so light a yummy on the package.... Big disappointment!

Well I am back from Dallas, what a relief! I forced myself to drink a Protein shake before I went and for the 2 hours it takes to get there it was gurgle, gurgle, burp. When the nurse took the .3 out, she told me to stand up and drink Water to see how it was, when I stood up I felt the Protein Shake from that morning drain out of my pouch. It was so weird. Immediate relief from the pain. From now on I am a "too loose instead of too tight girl", all the way.

Jen- I cant wait to hear about your Monday weigh in.

I wanted to say welcome to AtGoalgal, Adagray, and laugnleo.

illuminationlady and humming bird- I hope ya ll are at your sweet spot it really sounds like you are.

Tarajim, welcome we needed more guys. BTW, I love the description under your name it always makes me laugh.

btrieger--I didn't know about your heart attack, that must have been so scary. Love the pallbearer crack.

I'm so glad that I have y'alls posts to read everyday, it is a major source of laughter for me.

Anybody seen Elfie today? I'm wondering how she is....

Leigha, I hope that .3 unfill does the trick.

I have not heard from Elfie today. I am waiting to see if the Patches helped with her left arm pain.

43 hours 35 minutes until I report to the hospital.

Thanks again all. I just happen to have the same surgeon as Leigha and am very comforted by her story.

Dr Kim and his staff have been great to me as well for the past 5.5 months except for that one dizzy chick that tried to ruin my life. Good riddance Laura!

I still don't know where or when the support group meets. I hope I get that info and the secret handshake on Tuesday.

BT, I am too far away for the support group, so I don't know either. :biggrin:

Betsy, I am modifying my favorite saying, from now on it will be "Kids and denim don't lie!" :laugh:

Today I bought Chobani Greek yogurt at Sam's. Its really good! (Of course I haven't eaten in days but I don't think its just that) It comes in a 12 pack, 6oz size, 140 cal. and 14g of Protein. Its the first yogurt that I have seen that meets my 1g protein per 10 calorie rule. (Kind of pricey, almost $1 each, but still cheaper than my protein shakes) I'm so excited....

Chobani is awesome! I didn't realize it packed that much protein!

Today I bought Chobani Greek yogurt at Sam's. Its really good! (Of course I haven't eaten in days but I don't think its just that) It comes in a 12 pack, 6oz size, 140 cal. and 14g of Protein. Its the first yogurt that I have seen that meets my 1g Protein per 10 calorie rule. (Kind of pricey, almost $1 each, but still cheaper than my protein shakes) I'm so excited....

I eat Greek yogart with a little honey sprinkled on top! It's a yummy snack and low, low in sugar and high, high in protein.

BT, We are all eagarly awaiting your surgery!! I will say a little prayer for you.

Today was a good day. I haven't PB'd in two days. Yeah...I even ate out today, which I never do, and did fine. Was careful though. Have been careful every meal and really learning to listen to my body when I'm full. I'm still not having hunger pains. This is great!! I'm lovin' it!!!

I love reading this thread! You guys are all the best of the best!:biggrin:

Hi Everyone!

Wow, what a day!

Leigha, glad the unfill seems to have helped!

BT...woohoo!!! Soon to be banded. That will no longer be your "Indian Name"!

Betsy, great not scale victory!

Jen, I ordered from a company called Isagenix. They have a full line of Meal Replacements and supplements. I tried their vanilla shake with a mix of orange either Protein or Vitamin mixed in. Can't quite remember exactly what my neighbor mixed up, but I ordered it :biggrin: It was tasty. I'll let you know when it comes in.

I also ordered the chocolate shake, some bars, and some oatmeal-berry cakes.

The vanilla and orange mix was very good. Like the old Orange Julius drink.

My day was spent at the hospital. My 94 year old MIL was admitted through the ER with pneumonia. It's not ladylike to cough.

Here's praying that she is OK.

But, I didn't overeat. Yay for me.

My poor poochie didn't get his walk today, and really let us know that when we got home this evening. I plan to take him tomorrow, even if I have to leave work early to do so. Poor little putzy boy!

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!!!