Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Ask and you shall receive, Denise :laugh:

Do you check your blood sugar at home? I ask, because a one-time four-point fluctuation in fasting blood glucose may be completely insignificant. Has your doctor ever done an A1C? That gives a better overall picture of what's going on.

The walking will help a LOT. My putz dog (Truman) and I walk a ton---it's great exercise, and great stress relief. He is pacing right now because we've yet to take our morning walk. Guess I'd better go do that!

Hummingbird, HOORAY for entering a new BMI category! That is a real milestone!

Hey Betsy! Wow, what a difference! You look great! Way to go.

He ran an A1C last time and it was good--just below the non-diabetic cutoff. He didn't run one this time, not sure why. The highest my fasting sugar has been is either 111 or 115, my memory sucks these days. So never quite went to diabetes.

I don't check it at home. I do have a meter, so perhaps I'll pop by the pharmacy and pick up some strips. Or will check with the nurse at work and see if she can check it a few times. Not sure if she has a meter.

I work at an air traffic control facility, we have a medical office that does airmens' medical exams. They do a urine dip test, but I am not sure if she has a meter in the office. I'll have to check.

Humming Bird: doing the overweight happy dance for you!!! woohoo!!!!

illuminationlady--the scale went down in chucks for me. Just a few here and there, not a steady loss rate for sure. Maybe you'll be the same. It sill came off though!

Liz, way to go with the non-scale goals. I love those. They make measuring success much easier in my opinion!

Elfie: Here's hoping those pain Patches work for you. I hope the pain lessens as the weight comes off.

Leigha, when I was too tight, I gave it two weeks. Then I gave up and had half of what I had put in taken out. A month later I was able to have that put back in and then some. Strange how that works!

Will find some pics of the putz labrador to post. It is pouring snakes a lizards here today, so no walkie for him...that's my story and I am sticking to it! :wink2:

And now, off to fold the load of laundry that is honking at me!

Hey Betsy! Wow, what a difference! You look great! Way to go.

He ran an A1C last time and it was good--just below the non-diabetic cutoff. He didn't run one this time, not sure why. The highest my fasting sugar has been is either 111 or 115, my memory sucks these days. So never quite went to diabetes.

I don't check it at home. I do have a meter, so perhaps I'll pop by the pharmacy and pick up some strips. Or will check with the nurse at work and see if she can check it a few times. Not sure if she has a meter.

I work at an air traffic control facility, we have a medical office that does airmens' medical exams. They do a urine dip test, but I am not sure if she has a meter in the office. I'll have to check.

Humming Bird: doing the overweight happy dance for you!!! woohoo!!!!

illuminationlady--the scale went down in chucks for me. Just a few here and there, not a steady loss rate for sure. Maybe you'll be the same. It sill came off though!

Liz, way to go with the non-scale goals. I love those. They make measuring success much easier in my opinion!

Elfie: Here's hoping those pain Patches work for you. I hope the pain lessens as the weight comes off.

Leigha, when I was too tight, I gave it two weeks. Then I gave up and had half of what I had put in taken out. A month later I was able to have that put back in and then some. Strange how that works!

Will find some pics of the putz labrador to post. It is pouring snakes a lizards here today, so no walkie for him...that's my story and I am sticking to it! :wink2:

And now, off to fold the load of laundry that is honking at me!

Great idea for a thread! I've seen most of you on other boards. Just wanted to check in and say hi!

Bad news: I wanted to drop 100 pounds before banding and it is looking like it will only be between 93 and 95 pounds.QUOTE]

OK I am having a pity party for you since you only dropped 93-95 pounds. Not. Good job, congratulations. I am impressed that you even came up with that goal. :wink2:

Bad news: I wanted to drop 100 pounds before banding and it is looking like it will only be between 93 and 95 pounds.
What a loser.

Um, literally. You've done a phenomenal job!

Thank you, Denise--it's odd how the camera phobia has vanished. Now I want to document the changes. (I think all Labs are putzes; Truman is half Lab, and the putz side is dominant.)

Elfie, I hope the pain Patches work for you. Don't be shy about asking your doctor for help managing the pain, though. Life is hard enough without sleepless nights and battling pain.

Hi, Gloria :wink2:

Hey all you Positive Pollys, great idea for a thread! I recognize a lot of you from other posts.

I had a 10 day stall on the scale recently that spurred me on to get more serious about cutting out empty calories and stepping up my exercise. I have now lost two pounds in the last four days since putting more effort in.

I go in for my 3rd fill on Monday. I'm excited and nervous. I think I may be close to my sweet spot. I thought I had it after my second fill because I suddenly could only eat half of what I used to, had to chew, chew, chew, and wasn't thinking about food between meals. But, that restriction quickly faded, could eat big amounts for awhile and hungry a lot, then now I am kind of in between. Hoping this 3rd fill might give me just a little bit more so I can get back to how I felt after the 2nd fill long-term. That was great!

Knowledge is a bad thing in some people's hands. I can't wait to be stuck; slime and BP. I am sick of hearing about it, I need to do it!

Why am I having visions of you on Wednesday slamming down a whole loaf of bread just to experience a stuck episode?? :wink2:

We'll all be here on the bench waiting for you!!

Adagray, great job stepping it up! Woohoo!!!!!

I just ordered a new Protein supplement. shakes and bars. My last bloodwork also showed I was Vit D deficient and slightly anemic.

I blame my surgeon who said I can't drink my milk any more :wink2: (not myself for failing to take my Vitamins like a good girlie!). I still have some milk daily, but not the same amounts I used to.

Anyway, this stuff has great vitimin and mineral content, comes from organic sources, yada yada. My health nut neighbor told me about it. We'll see how it goes.

I am hoping that upping my Protein levels and getting better Vitamins and minerals will help me with more energy.

I'll keep you posted!!

Why am I having visions of you on Wednesday slamming down a whole loaf of bread just to experience a stuck episode?? :wink2:

We'll all be here on the bench waiting for you!!

Not on Wednesday. I am on shakes until the March 16th. Then blended/mushie stuff for 2 weeks.

So, right around April 2nd I will be reporting back on my first stuck, slime and bp all at once :laugh:

Not on Wednesday. I am on shakes until the March 16th. Then blended/mushie stuff for 2 weeks.

So, right around April 2nd I will be reporting back on my first stuck, slime and bp all at once :laugh:

Prolly best to let yourself heal before pushing the envelope!! :wink2:

Perhaps we should start a countdown calendar to your first stuckage!

Love this thread! Thanks for the positive reinforcement, everyone!

I am three months post-op and have lost 48 pounds, and 15 inches from my hips and waist. I am eating WAY less and MUCH healthier, however, my doctor's program likes to see patients eat 4 ounce meals three times a day. Yeah, definitely not full after only 4 ounces. Anyone else get this way? I feel like I can eat like I did before, I know I can't because I never finish a meal, but still eating more than 4 ounces for sure. I was satisfied on vey close to 4 ounces last month and think I was so close to my green zone, but then got too much of a fill and had a bad reaction. Ended having most of the Fluid taken out so now have to start all over again. Oh well, I know, and my doc has said, that once I get to that green zone the weight loss will be even faster!

I have been working out twice a week with a personal trainer, work out on my own 3 other times a week, and just did my first 5k a week ago today! I feel awesome!

Best of luck to all of you and thanks for sharing your motivation and determination!

wow laughnleo, you are doing great! I love your motivation with the exercise. That is the hardest thing for me. You will get back to that green zone/sweet spot. Just keep doing what you are doing. The road seems long, but you are well on your way.

I believe I am at my sweet spot or close to it. I had a reallly rough time of it after my last fill. Now I can eat but much smaller portions, chewing well and slowly. I have a new lease on life as I see it! The band did that for me. Thank you! Finally!!! Sorry, I'm just really excited after going through months and months of hunger and stalled weight loss I finally am not hungry!!!!

On a smaller scale (no pun intended) I am really enjoying this thread. Thanks Leigha!!!

I have been at what I consider a VERY Tight sweet spot for months. I did not want to go get an unfill because I figured I would just be going in for another fill soon. I think I was right because I ate some chicken salad for lunch today with no slime! I was really having trouble with any kind of meat. I think my band is getting a little looser to the sweet spot I think most consider the true sweet spot.

I'm glad everyone likes our new spot. If you only have a minute, it is nice to be able to look in and check on how everyone is doing in one place.

I guess I am going in for an unfill today. :eek: I have really struggled since my last fill. Yesterday when I woke up I was barely able to drink coffee (warm or hot stuff usually helps me). I was able to nurse a Protein drink and get it all down after an hour. Then I really messed up. I wanted to see if I could eat so I had 4 sun chips. They went down well so in my mind everything was fine (hello? chips are sliders!) so I proceeded to have some of my husbands famous green chili. After about 3 or 4 small bites, my stomach really got pissed and started cramping and sliming. After about 4 hours it finally stopped. Later I was able to drink a hot green tea and then an hour later a cup of chicken broth, but now I cant even drink a Protein shake. :laugh:

I totaled less than 200 calories yesterday. I use a program called lose it on my iphone to track my food intake and my calories and nutrients, and there is a graph on there when I looked at it yesterday the graph shows a definite decline in my ability to eat enough. I am scheduled to eat 1009 calories a day and prior to today I am 2975 under for my weekly budget (6 days), so I am averaging 513 calories per day.

OK whining is over.. now on to the positive side.

1) I did 5 hours of weight lifting last week!

2) I lost another pound.

3) I found a notebook where I had started a diet in 3/08 and had measured myself, I have lost 5 inches off my waist.

I also wanted to mention something, I am very against commercial messages on these boards, however, when I do it its fine. Wait, what was my justification? Oh yeah, if someone is from Dallas and considering surgery, I am very pleased with the service that I have gotten from Dr. Kim and Forest Park. My fill nurse gives out her personal cell phone number. I called her yesterday (Saturday)and told her about my problem and she is meeting me at the hospital today (Sunday) at 11 to do an unfill. When I need a fill I can call on Friday and get one the following Monday or Thursday. They have been so helpful :wink2:....(OK the commercial is over you can go back to your regularly scheduled program.)

Leigha, I hope the little unfill helps. It is so great you have such a good lapband staff! And yes, I do like the new group thread!