Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

It is official now. I am banded!!

There is absolutely no pain, just a little discomfort from gas.

checked in at 11:10, watched TV for 2 hours, got rolled to the OR at about 1:35 and woke up around 2:30. Very uneventful.

Congratulations! Uneventful + Surgery = a beautiful thing. Good for you!

Wow, busy day for ya'll.

Betsy, I just got home from work and my heart sank reading your post. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and hope all goes well for you.

Bob, OMG!!! That was a drive-thru surgery! I am glad everything went well and you are now a true Bandster!

I'm sure you will have some gross stuff to "share" soon.....slime, PBs, burping, gas, constipation.....

Edited by Humming Bird

checked in at 11:10, watched TV for 2 hours, got rolled to the OR at about 1:35 and woke up around 2:30. Very uneventful.

Uneventful...best way for major surgery to be. Congrats and welcome to the club!

Woohoo!!! You are on the losers' bench!!!

:thumbup:

Leigha, so glad you are feeling better. I have been overfilled, too. I sooooo don't recommend it as a means of weight loss.

Betsy, sending healing thoughts to your hubby.

BT, glad your surgery went well! Now on to recovering and continuing to lose. Can't wait to read of your banded adventures and advice.

My week is going OK. Boss is out of town for a meeting! Woohoo! My cubicle mate is in DC for the week, so I have the office to myself...oh yeah!!!

94 year-old MIL should be released from the hospital tomorrow. Amazing how quickly she bounced back from pneumonia.

I've felt a little congested and slight sore throat today, so I didn't go to the hospital. Last thing I want to do is make anyone else sick or sicker :thumbup:

Butters, the putz, and I have been walking. He's doing very well. We have another doggie lesson on Thursday.

I am tossing around whether or not I need another fill. Hubby says no way. I dunno. So I'll continue to ponder.

I got my new Protein supplements today! I am going to use them for Breakfast and change things up a bit. Maybe increasing my protein will help shake things up a bit (no Protein Shake pun intended). :thumbup:

Betsy-thoughts, prayers, and crossed fingers being sent your way. You're in my thoughts.

Hooray! Uneventful is the way to go!

I'm so glad things went smoothly!

When I was in the hospital cafeteria yesterday (just getting unsweet tea), I imagined you rolling your IV pole down to your cafeteria to test the bread. I know you won't---it just made me giggle. Which, in turn, made the three people in there stare at me.

Sweet! Welcome to the club!

Hooray! Uneventful is the way to go!

I'm so glad things went smoothly!

When I was in the hospital cafeteria yesterday (just getting unsweet tea), I imagined you rolling your IV pole down to your cafeteria to test the bread. I know you won't---it just made me giggle. Which, in turn, made the three people in there stare at me.

How is Mark, and how are you holding up. Continuing to send thoughts and prayers your way.

Thanks, everyone, for the good thoughts and prayers.

They were all set to send Mark home yesterday--and do all testing on an outpatient basis. I was beside myself---it felt SO different to me this time, and I was really scared that they were overlooking something serious. They changed their mind when Mark had more chest pain---and ultimately took him to the cath lab.

The good news is that he didn't have another heart attack. His stents (he has 5 or 6) are all patent, and nothing else stood out as a good place to prop open. (He has lots of diffuse damage that can't be stented, though.)

So that's the good news. The bad news is that his cardiac function has decreased drastically---to the point where they're talking transplant. We've always known this day might come. But he's been chugging along for 10 years without it becoming a reality; I guess it was easy to pretend it would never get worse.

So...I guess we take it from there. Mark does have a transplant team. Though it was always a "distant" possibility, we thought it was wise for him to be on their radar if and when the time came. He's checked in with them every year or so since his first heart attack. Hopefully, they will be able to just pick up where the others left off. Hopefully, the timing is right; my biggest fear is that they will rule him out because the diabetes has damaged other organ systems. So far, that does not seem to be the case, but he's never been subjected to the type of rigorous testing that occurs pre-transplant.

If I were looking for a silver lining, I would have to say that I feel "lucky" (in a perverse way) to have traveled the transplant road with another family member; my brother received a liver in 1994. Very different organs, but the pre-transplant path is similar for both. Knowing what is coming---and that it can be endured---is comforting.

Anyway, thank you all. I will now go back and read all of your good news from yesterday and respond instead of focusing just on myself. (Sorry to burden; writing does help, though.)

Quote, Betsy : Anyway, thank you all. I will now go back and read all of your good news from yesterday and respond instead of focusing just on myself. (Sorry to burden; writing does help, though.)

Betsy, It is not a burden to hear the good, the bad, and the other from you. This is a good place to get support for all of it.

My FIL had a heart transplant. I'm sure you know more details about the process than I do though. My FIL was in Indiana and I did not hear all the details.

Just know that we do want to hear whatever you want to post.

I posted some photos... just a few as LBT doesn't like bmp pics.

Have a good day!

Betsy, Its good to hear from you. My good friend (I reserve the term best friend for my husband but this friend is #2 behind him) had a heart transplant 10 years ago, it made such a difference in his quality of life, people will think this is weird but I hope your husband gets his done soon and starts to feel better.

Cocco--How's your new Protein stuff?

Bob--Sore this morning?

Liz--OMG! Look how pretty you are! I cant believe you waited so long to post your picture. (Your son is a doll.)

Nothing much going on here today, I guess my drama with being to tight is over. My new motto "too loose is better than too tight any day!"

people will think this is weird but I hope your husband gets his done soon and starts to feel better.
It doesn't sound weird to me--not at all. For the last several years, it has been tremendously frustrating that so little could be done to improve the quality of his life.

Getting a new lease on life would be an enormous blessing. If he were able to get even a handful of years feeling good again---well, I can't even quantify the value that would have.